BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, Stuart said:

Every initiative will cost money so I guess we’d better just give up.

Right now we are doing very little, if anything, meaningful to bring new fans in.

The alternative is just to accept year on year price increases which just means we’ll have fewer and fewer on.

Or get promoted.

We only have so much to invest.

It was decided to invest it in new strikers instead of fans.

One of those is the future of our club.

The other is a bit of a waste.

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Investing in future fans is “a bit of a waste”?

Don't think I’ve ever read anything so crass and shortsighted. ?

I really hope you don’t work for the club in any capacity.

49 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

$heriff Waggott of Blackburn

Collecting taxes from the poor to give to the rich.

Stealing the heritage of East Lancs children by letting them wear Stanley shirts and not follow The Rovers.

Depriving East Lancs babies of their heritage and Rovers scarves. ?

Destroying the lives of East Lancs pensioners who can't get to Ewood because he won't help organise local buses and force the opening of Ewood car parks.

"We are doing all we can (to destroy the club) but we don't have the budget for it"

Alan Wheatley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Investing in future fans is “a bit of a waste”?

Don't think I’ve ever read anything so crass and shortsighted. ?

I really hope you don’t work for the club in any capacity.

Think you misunderstood Stuart.

Try it t'other way round pal.

It's the future fans that should be a priority...  apologies if my post was too obtuse. 500 kids over 1 overpaid kid everyday.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Ha! I interpreted your post as meaning one of our strikers is the future of the club and the other one is a bit of a waste!

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Think you misunderstood Stuart.

Try it t'other way round pal.

It's the future fans that should be a priority...  apologies if my post was too obtuse. 500 kids over 1 overpaid kid everyday.

Apologies. I agree with your original post.

Please accept my reply as aimed at our current administration!

• Like 1

I've heard some excuses in my time but to hear that Accy Stanley can afford to dish out free shirts to Primary school kids in our traditional heartlands because they 'make a profit' whilst we do nothing is up there.

We don't do it because we have no idea and no serious intention to do anything about growing a fanbase. Andy Holt is serious about trying to grow his club and increase their support base, we aren't.

Then Waggott and co. Question commitment.

We're so far short on the game its untrue.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, 47er said:

Bit disturbing this! I assume your daughter knows she has a 50% interest in their child. So I hope she is insisting that the lad never sets foot in t'Turd and that he never wears that bilious, toxic shirt? It'll end in tears!

Burnley shirts are banned too. If I saw him with one I'd make sure it was accidentally ruined and replaced by a Rovers one but as grandparents both sets are behaving well so far 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

Burnley shirts are banned too. If I saw him with one I'd make sure it was accidentally ruined and replaced by a Rovers one but as grandparents both sets are behaving well so far 

Well in our house, we made them wear a Burnley shirt, when they were in trouble. A cross between the naughty step and the stocks...with a bit of Thomas More's hair shirt thrown in ...

Their psychiatrist says it didn't do them any harm!

• Like 5

"Andy Holt, Owner and Majority Shareholder of Accrington Stanley Football Club said: “So far almost 4,000 local school children have received an official Stanley shirt over the last few years and, as a club, we committed to do this for 5 years in total. It may not be viewed as the best financial move but for me it's a key part of my responsibilities to Accrington, as majority shareholder of the club".

Can you imagine someone currently at Rovers saying or doing something like that ? 

• Like 2

Outside Blackburn and Darwen the towns and villages of Hyndburn have been a bedrock of our support for generations. 

Kudos to Holt, but it is extremely worrying. It is getting to the stage where only long standing Hyndburn based Rovers supporting families are coming to Ewood, not that we are the natural club for Ossy residents etc.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

No.

At the same time, I very much doubt Holt will be funding an academy in league 1!

Whilst I’m all for incentives, schemes and ways to ignite interest in our club - a championship promotion side will do more for that than any free shirt for the community.

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

At the same time, I very much doubt Holt will be funding an academy in league 1!

Whilst I’m all for incentives, schemes and ways to ignite interest in our club - a championship promotion side will do more for that than any free shirt for the community.

It's more than just money it's about the club's relationship with the community. 

Of course promotion is of the utmost importance and will affect attendances more than any other factor but why not make other gestures to the community in the meantime ?

Some fans will come and go depending on results. Others are enamoured with the club at a young age and stay for life.

• Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

It's more than just money it's about the club's relationship with the community. 

Of course promotion is of the utmost importance and will affect attendances more than any other factor but why not make other gestures to the community in the meantime ?

Some fans will come and go depending on results. Others are enamoured with the club at a young age and stay for life.

I agree massively - I would like to see more free tickets as a start, one advantage over our local rivals is we could fit most of their own fans and ours in Ewood.

I think the ultimate ends for re-filling Ewood is success though. On the pitch. 

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/september/six-game-flexi-ticket/

Not sure if this has been posted previously but it's a decent initiative. Midweek games are a no go for me 9 times out of 10 because of work commitments and I miss another chunk of weekend games for a variety of other social and family commitments as I'm sure most do.