BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Doubt many of them will be back sadly after the shower of shite on the pitch!

I don't know Ossy. My first game was against Sheff Utd many years ago. It was just the same sort of match, 16,500 on, we huffed and puffed and they won 2-1 but I was hooked. It was a lovely autumn day and the ground looked a picture, I just couldn't wait to get back. 

I took No 1 son years later, we won 4-0 and he's never been back. Just not interested.

A few years after that I took No 2 son, a really boring end of season 1-1 draw. He was hooked as well.

• Like 1

I think it was generally better attended than usual, as all stands looked fuller, certainly less than a 1,000 in the freebie BEnd upper, so plenty of extra tickets will have been bought too.

So of course, we provide a performance like that. 

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I think it was generally better attended than usual, as all stands looked fuller, certainly less than a 1,000 in the freebie BEnd upper, so plenty of extra tickets will have been bought too.

To be honest Rovers have made a speciality of building fans up to let them down over the years. One of early ones that stands out for me is the West Ham game years ago. We played Villa at home and won 2-0 in front of 17,000 fans. We go away and win 8-2 at West Ham. The whole  British football world was agog.  Consequently there were 29,000 on Ewood for  the return match a few days later. Unfortunately it was a repeat of yesterdays performance and we lost badly 3-1.Next home game - back to 19,000 die hards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There was a blatant sense of optimism which probably prompted a few hundred walk ons, that soon fizzled out when Luton went 1 up. We're so bloody frustrating it was inevitable really wasn't it.

• Like 2

If Steve Waggott wants a scapegoat for poor attendances, he cannot look much further than his own manager.

Twice this season we have had higher than expected gates against less attractive opposition.

And Tony has served up

dull as ditchwater

pedestrian

unmotivated 

losing football

• Like 7

I agree. I talked my husband into going to Rovers yesterday when we could have used our season tickets and gone to Clitheroe. We came expecting to see a slightly more exciting Rovers than I watched last season. Not great or brilliant but playing with a bit of enthusiasm and energy. We got some good possession in the first 15 mins just so Chaddy doesn't mention it again, but as soon as they scored, heads went down and they never came up again. Even when we kept possession at the start of the game there never looked like being a goal. We wont be busting a gut to get back to Ewood any time soon. Well be there but I'm not thinking, when can I go again, as i would have been if I'd at least seen a bit of real fight or desire from the players. I know Mowbray is rightly slated for getting things wrong, but there was no desire that i could see from players to dig deep and put it right.  They have to take their share of responsibility too

• Like 2

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I know Mowbray is rightly slated for getting things wrong, but there was no desire that i could see from players to dig deep and put it right.  They have to take their share of responsibility too

We have a lot of soft lads who can't deal with adversity, hence heads dropping when we concede a goal. They didn't select or buy themselves though. The manager has filled the team with these types of players and got shot of anybody who challenges the status quo. I imagine Rothwell and Nyambe will be the next ones to be pushed out of the club.

• Like 4

Correct the soft underbelly and mentality continues to let us down you have to do it every week if you want to be successful you can't just switch on and off according to opposition, general mood etc.

For the managers part in it if you don't strengthen properly in the areas that really need it you won't progress like you should or at all even. Central defence being the case in point as it has been ever since the relegation season and why lavish money in another area on people who aren't really what you desperately need ?

You need goals from front men, you need an eventual replacement for your talisman striker so for gods sake buy or recruit somehow a goalscorer not a hard working 'wide' striker or the most expensive young sub in championship history.

7 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

What we'd give for a Fazackerley and a Keeley now eh!

What we have is Keith Hill and David May, good honest pros trying their best and learning that position as they go along but only really in there by default.

Wouldn't it great if the City lad turned out to have a big Col style impact....at both ends !

Fans Forum Minutes finally available on the club website.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/d47edf0f19cd47dea3a73e898f8da69c/ff-minutes-9.9.19.docx

2019-20 Season Ticket Sales

Mike Cheston confirmed that the club had sold just over 8,600 paid season tickets.

The proposed prize draw had had little effect on sales.

This meant that the club’s income from season tickets was down about £300,000 on the annual budget.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Fans Forum Minutes finally available on the club website.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/d47edf0f19cd47dea3a73e898f8da69c/ff-minutes-9.9.19.docx

2019-20 Season Ticket Sales

Mike Cheston confirmed that the club had sold just over 8,600 paid season tickets.

The proposed prize draw had had little effect on sales.

This meant that the club’s income from season tickets was down about £300,000 on the annual budget.

Don't follow the numbers here states 700 new and 500 returning represents an overall increase of 100 against the 1100 not renewing. So how is there a short fall of 300000quid?

Loosing 1100 season ticket holders out of 8500 is a high percentage

• Like 1

So we’ve sold 100 more; 8,600 over 8,500 last season, so around 9,600 season ticket ‘holders’ (paid, under 8s and complementaries).

They’ve done well to get any increase, they are no longer bargain prices and we’d just finished 15th in the second division.

It was Waggott who had the fantasy view that we’d sell an extra 1,500.

Edited by Mattyblue

The £300K is the shortfall on the budget - i.e they budgeted to sell £300K worth more STs. It's not a shortfall against last year's sales.

Typically we (and many other clubs) lose about 10% of ST holders for all sorts of reasons every year. This year it's a bit higher at 13%.

• Like 1

Just now, only2garners said:

The £300K is the shortfall on the budget - i.e they budgeted to sell £300K worth more STs. It's not a shortfall against last year's sales.

Then more fool them, as there was absolutely no reason that after yet another middling season in the Championship we would see a substantial increase in sales.

Edited by Mattyblue

so it equates to circa 1000 fans down on budget meaning the budget was probably 9500 with the stretch target of 10,000.

Fact is, they didn't do a single thing, not one initiative to attract and entice this extra 1-1.5K sales. 

So hardly surprising really.

so what if they (now) did something creative.

20 quid to enter a lottery.

2000 STs on offer at £100 each.

This would give us 10,600 ST holders.

We will lose 10% at the end of the season so we get to 9600 next season as a starter.

3000 enter at 20 quid = 60K

2000 win at 100 quid = 200K

leaving us only 40K under budget.

more significantly we raise ST sales.

or lets do nothing and stay as we are.

20,000 empty seats.

• Like 1