BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, Paul said:

@Stuart I think you are taking the sentence you have highlighted and applied it to the following paragraph.

To be clear my position is this. If the club were to cut the price of match day tickets then as an ST holder I would expect my ST to reduce pro rata. I have yet to read an argument which justifies long-standing ST holders not benefitting to the same Ievel as other fans.

If the club decide to sell ALL season tickets at £249 I have no problem with that even though I would be paying £34 more than I do today.

I'm afraid I don't follow your maths in the second paragraph. In the JWL a full ST is £349 and a senior £215. I'm not sure what your other figures are saying.

Seniors receiving lower prices is embedded in our society. I get a discount at the barbers, on the train, cinema, everywhere. It's not a subsidy it's what businesses chose to do.

It wasn’t clear that your pro rata was as a senior citizen just a long-standing season ticket holder.

But in any case, should seniors automatically get a discount on luxury items which a ST is? You don’t get a cheaper price on a smart phone. This goes back to days when senior citizens were scraping by on meagre state pensions. More and more pensioners are now on very good private pensions and have enough cash to go on month long holidays several times a year. My Facebook feed is full of them.

But I digress.

The maths was to compare the subsidy you would pay at a flat ‘cheap’ adult price compared to the subsidy others are already paying towards your lower cost ticket today.

Just now, Stuart said:

It wasn’t clear that your pro rata was as a senior citizen just a long-standing season ticket holder.

But in any case, should seniors automatically get a discount on luxury items which a ST is? You don’t get a cheaper price on a smart phone. This goes back to days when senior citizens were scraping by on meagre state pensions. More and more pensioners are now on very good private pensions and have enough cash to go on month long holidays several times a year. My Facebook feed is full of them.

But I digress.

The maths was to compare the subsidy you would pay at a flat ‘cheap’ adult price compared to the subsidy others are already paying towards your lower cost ticket today.

Whether or not seniors should get a discount on luxury items is not relevant and nothing to do with me. I don't ask for it, the club offers and I accept. Yes you're right it does go back a long way.

I'm afraid I still don't follow your maths. It's often complicated and whether I follow it or not doesn't really matter. The key point is no other fan is subsidising me or any other senior. We pay what the club asks of us. My point is simple it is wrong if the club reduces prices to attract returning fans and does not pass on the same reduction to existing ST holders. Can you justify this? I cannot think of a single reason why someone coming back after 10 years, for example, should get a better deal than the thousands who have stood by the club in that time.

Just now, Paul said:

My point is simple it is wrong if the club reduces prices to attract returning fans and does not pass on the same reduction to existing ST holders. Can you justify this? I cannot think of a single reason why someone coming back after 10 years, for example, should get a better deal than the thousands who have stood by the club in that time.

We are possibly at cross-purposes - I’m not sure.

If the club were to introduce a flat £249 ST, this should be for all fans - new and existing including long-standing. I would not expect long-standing fans to pay £200 as some kind of loyalty discount. Although that would be grand, I would not expect it.

If you think I am advocating us exist ST holders to pay £399 and new buys to be £249, for instance, then no that’s not what I’m saying at all.

We need to get new fans into the ground but it needs to be a strategy that offers the same price for everyone.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2019 at 09:23, rigger said:

Playing attractive attacking football would it make me renew my ticket ? Definitely.

And this, in a nutshell, is my biggest issue as well. I have to travel a 500 mile round trip to home games but the last 4 or 5 years have really disheartened me. Its like groundhog day every time. 

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

And this, in a nutshell, is my biggest issue as well. I have to travel a 500 mile round trip to home games but the last 4 or 5 years have really disheartened me. Its like groundhog day every time. 

My biggest issue is.......driving along Livesey Branch knowing, just knowing that this task is way beyond Tony. Just knowing that game after game it’s square pegs in round holes, play that is far too slow and a plan ?? ....what plan. 
I drive home thoroughly depressed...knowing, just knowing that his interview will say “ we got positives from that ,and, we go again next week” 

Tony, we get nothing positive from you or the boys “ on the grass” ....more depressing by the week. Don’t tell me I’m after glorious promotion...Im after a manager who I can believe in. Lovely man....job too big.....season tickets will continue to decline

• Like 7

Sheffield Wednesday have just released ticket details for there game at Ewood in a few weeks, £40 for the Darwen End Upper.

What I don't understand is, why are home prices increased for this fixture then we don't have too?

We can get away with charging £40 for away fans as we don't open up the Blackburn end Upper anyway which would be the "like for like" seats. Then if they sell those out, they can have lower tier tickets at £28 or whatever it would be normally in the Blackburn End Lower.

• Like 2

Yeah I remember that clearly.

They used to sell us upper's first at £33 or whatever it was which seemed ridiculous back then, then the lower tier tickets were around £10 cheaper.

Remember one year (06-07 I think) when everyone caused a massive stink about it and we got allocated the lowers first, as we had only charged them £15 for the game at Ewood!

• Like 1

Always happy to see offers, alas these multi game ticket rarely do much. Was it less then a 100 that bought the 6 game one last season? A no strings, one off game for £10-15 anywhere in the ground for a 3pm has much more chance of being a success, yet the club rarely does it.

As for the £15 discount for Sheff Wed, I don’t see what choice they had as you aren’t seeing Rovers fans shelling out £40+ for a run of the mill Championship game.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't it's about time there was some tit for tat on this them and Leeds have been fleecing / pricing visiting fans for years.

£33 for us at Hillsborough last year so we charge them £40 !!!

Typical Waggot ploy to try and get away with fleecing the fans and the 'tit for tat' is being used to try and justify it.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good offer

Screenshot_20191014-175349_Twitter.jpg

1. This is a great offer (on the face of it). £15 a game, where Brentford will be on the red button for free on a cold Nov night.
  2. £45 is still a lot for some people to stump up in one go. It would have more take up if say it could be paid in 2 installments. i.e. £25 up front (to cover the first game) and £20 before the 16th Nov (to ensure the second 2 games). ?
  3.  They also need to do something (arguably better) in December as well, when we have 3 more home games. I would say if you have bought the November 3 for £45 then you become eligible for December 3 for £30 otherwise there is a 3 for £45. This would mean you can get 6 games for £75 instead of £150. I don't think anyone can complain at that.
Edited by OldEwoodBlue