BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

9 hours ago, Ozz said:

Or an even greater take up if it could be paid in 45 weekly installments  of a pound.

I can't decide if this is a serious suggestion or not? It works if a fan buys one or two offers. Imagine it's a roaring success. 

£1/week. The club, bouyed by initial success, continues the offer through the season and an individual decides to take up all the offers.

23 home games

23/3 = 7.6 deals. Call it 7 deals for easy maths. By the end of the season the individual is paying £7/week BUT this cost rolls on and on till approximately March of the following season - obviously decreasing as time passes.

BBE season ticket is £349

£349/45  = £7.75/week

Riverside season ticket £319 which £7.08/week

Offers can be dressed up in many different fashions but there is no getting away from the reality an ST is the best value offer we have.

Possibly the club should look at payment methods. The season is 40 weeks long. Fans could be given the opportunity to pay £8.72/week or ten payments of £34.90. How many people are still paid weekly? I've no idea.

There is a cost to the club. Direct debits, standing orders etc. come at a cost. Administration costs as well.

There are two possible solutions to attendances. Significantly reduced prices which I personally don't think will work or PL football.

Everything else is short-term window dressing which ultimately has little impact. Fill the ground for three games and then what????

£15/game is also marginally less than the vast majority of the crowd will pay. For me I couldn't care less about that but it may be the start of a rocky road?

Edited by Paul

As above the only way to drive it up dramatically now is Promotion or Bradford / Huddersfield type cheap as chips STs even if that only lasted a season or two.  Get them back in and then try and keep hold of them and if we are gearing up to be a middle of the road Championship club just looking to stay safe, sell the odd big money player whilst holding on to outside hope of the odd random good season and stab at the play offs then it is the only way to go imo.

Even on cheap STs without the Prem we aren't talking 20k crowds but surely getting the averages up beyond 15/16k should be the first aim so at the min selling 12 thousand season tickets would be a good achievement. Lets get back to trying to be the biggest non big city local club again instead of falling away behind the likes of Preston. Our infrastructure, budget, salaries, setup etc etc are way beyond theirs so to be behind the likes of the every season isn't acceptable. Odd seasons yes fair enough but.... 

If they don't do anything on the pitch they have to work harder and get radical off it otherwise you really are looking at 8/9k home turnouts regularly again when finances begin to bite and people decide that football now falls way down their priority list.

The football, management side of it and comfort zone of some on and off the park needs looking at first as well though as that's where it all begins and ends after all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The ticket prices for Sheffield Wednesday are an absolute disgrace, immensely petty by Waggott.

Well they would be if any Rovers fan needed to pay them. A couple of Fans Forums ago Steve Waggott told us that the club would be charging top dollar for both the Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds games this season as that's what they do to our fans, but that home fans would be able to get significant discounts on those prices. That is what is happening, albeit that you need to take out 1875 club membership to get the discount. But if you're regularly buying one-off tickets that makes sense anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, only2garners said:

Well they would be if any Rovers fan needed to pay them. A couple of Fans Forums ago Steve Waggott told us that the club would be charging top dollar for both the Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds games this season as that's what they do to our fans, but that home fans would be able to get significant discounts on those prices. That is what is happening, albeit that you need to take out 1875 club membership to get the discount. But if you're regularly buying one-off tickets that makes sense anyway.

The more I listen to your posts the more I think you spout the crap fed by the club instead of actually holding them to account on anything.

Have you ever asked them what their plan is to fill the 20 thousand empty seats ?

Pay 40 quid or take out a membership... that will work won't it. No+No = empty seat

Just now, only2garners said:

I agree. As somebody who has paid ridiculous prices at Leeds and Wednesday it's something that I agree with although it's not the fans fault. Hopefully fans of both clubs can put pressure on their own clubs to reduce the extortionate prices. I've said before it's ironic that if either club got promoted they would have to charge a maximum of £20. 

Admission prices need a full review by the authorities mainly due to the huge disparities from club to club. At Birmingham next week the adult price is £15 but at QPR it was double that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Everytime Waggott comes up with deals, there are always strings attached. You have to pay an 1875 membership (is that £15), cheaper deals if you bring a friend, cheaper tickets if you commit to attending in advance.

The product at the moment isnt all that great and Waggott has people who seemingly arent that arsed about goimg needing to jump through hoops to go, which most simply wont do, hence the repeated failure to hit sales targets.

Even this 3 game deal isnt brilliant value, its just an attempt to make it seem like that by showing the saving compared to 3 individual tickets, but when one of them tickets is extortionately priced as a petty retaliation by Waggott then it doesnt mean much to be cheaper than that.

Just a simple stand alone game, no strings attached promotion would be far better IMO. Think @Mattyblue mentioned this.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Why not just charge Sheff Wed £40 for the darwen end upper and keep home prices what they usually are?

The like for like seats are the in the Blackburn end upper and we don't open that up anyway, so it can be done. 

Sure we would have to charge them £28 or whatever it is in the lower should they sell out, but are they going to bring more than 3k at £40? I wouldn't have thought so.

Ask Waggott that at the next FF please.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The more I listen to your posts the more I think you spout the crap fed by the club instead of actually holding them to account on anything.

Have you ever asked them what their plan is to fill the 20 thousand empty seats ?

Pay 40 quid or take out a membership... that will work won't it. No+No = empty seat

You seem to be confusing what I post in situations like this with my opinions. I was just posting what the club told us they planned to do with these two games - it doesn't mean that I agree with it.

I have been on the Forum for over 10 years now and there haven't been many meetings when we haven't talked about attendances and atmosphere at Ewood. I'm sure it will be on the agenda in November as well and i'll be raising many of the ideas that have been posted on here over the last few weeks.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

I can't decide if this is a serious suggestion or not? It works if a fan buys one or two offers. Imagine it's a roaring success. 

No I was mocking the suggestion that while £45 for three tickets was good , Rovers should offer installments! 

Frankly if that offer is not good enough then one should consider an alternative hobby. 

Its £12? to get on Chorley now!

Edited by Ozz

1 hour ago, Ozz said:

No I was mocking the suggestion that while £45 for three tickets was good , Rovers should offer installments! 

Frankly if that offer is not good enough then one should consider an alternative hobby.

Sorry Ozz,

This is precisely what many have already done.

You openly display the Waggott mentality of pay or go away?

You mock the suggestion because you prefer going down and sitting in the desolation of 20 thousand empty seats?

You mock because you or I can pay £45 in one hit but you don't want those who can't clogging up the half time pie queue?

I would have thought they would like to sell 10,000 of these tickets. Not 2000.

It means facilitating the purchase by as many potential customers as possible.

Working class people from Blackburn ?

Otherwise they might as well abandon this ticket now and let the same 2000 pay the walk on prices gaining £43 per person or £86,000.

Who cares about attendances anyway...

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

You seem to be confusing what I post in situations like this with my opinions. I was just posting what the club told us they planned to do with these two games - it doesn't mean that I agree with it.

I have been on the Forum for over 10 years now and there haven't been many meetings when we haven't talked about attendances and atmosphere at Ewood. I'm sure it will be on the agenda in November as well and i'll be raising many of the ideas that have been posted on here over the last few weeks.

OK. Fair enough.

5 hours ago, Ozz said:

Its £12? to get on Chorley now!

12 pound is for an over 60. Adult price is 15 pound having said that a lot in the national league are charging 20 pound plus for an adult which makes Rovers look very competitive

• Like 1

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

The fact Rovers fans may not need to pay them surely makes it more petty.

Edited by Hasta

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Sorry Ozz,

This is precisely what many have already done.

You openly display the Waggott mentality of pay or go away?

You mock the suggestion because you prefer going down and sitting in the desolation of 20 thousand empty seats?

You mock because you or I can pay £45 in one hit but you don't want those who can't clogging up the half time pie queue?

I would have thought they would like to sell 10,000 of these tickets. Not 2000.

It means facilitating the purchase by as many potential customers as possible.

Working class people from Blackburn ?

Sorry,  to say Mock makes it personal and that is not my style/intention. 

£15 a game paid in monthly installments though,  is effectively a season ticket. The offer already exists. Not done much for the attendances has it?

Riverside is £329 for a ST, gives a guarantee of 23 games, so £14.30 a game.  

You expect Rovers to break the deal down even more? 

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree. As somebody who has paid ridiculous prices at Leeds and Wednesday it's something that I agree with although it's not the fans fault. Hopefully fans of both clubs can put pressure on their own clubs to reduce the extortionate prices. I've said before it's ironic that if either club got promoted they would have to charge a maximum of £20.

Again, last year we charged Wednesday £30 to come to Ewood.

They then charged us £33 to go to Hillsboro.

10 months later we are charging them £40 to come to Ewood

I don't know what the cost for previous away trips to Sheffield Wednesday were, but it's becoming a myth that we are simply 'matching their prices' for this fixture. We aren't. We are just fleecing other working class fans.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

12 pound is for an over 60. Adult price is 15 pound having said that a lot in the national league are charging 20 pound plus for an adult which makes Rovers look very competitive

Blimey. That does makes Rovers look cheap.  

Maybe Rovers could do a Riverside ticket for say £279. So £12.13 a match. You can miss half a dozen and still be paying less per game than some none league clubs. 

At least the facilities would be comparable.  And at that price they should spark a fair bit of interest in new sales and tremendous good will with existing holders. (I promise I have nothing to gain in this  ?). 

Just now, Hasta said:

Again, last year we charged Wednesday £30 to come to Ewood.

They then charged us £33 to go to Hillsboro.

10 months later we are charging them £40 to come to Ewood

I don't know what the cost for previous away trips to Sheffield Wednesday were, but it's becoming a myth that we are simply 'matching their prices' for this fixture. We aren't. We are just fleecing other working class fans.

I honestly can't remember what I paid last season but it has recently been £38 as is Leeds. I think it's about time clubs took a stance on behalf of their fans and whilst I have sympathy with fans who pay ridiculously over the odds I hope some fans understand, I know I would if the roles were reversed. Waggott to!d me himself that he was trying to initiate some scheme amongst Championship clubs where there is a maximum price much like the Premier League. I guess he was rebuffed.

I just had a quick look at Wednesday's home prices and non members against Leeds in the Kop is £39 and £36 against Swansea.  Leeds is category B and Swansea category C.

Just now, arbitro said:

I honestly can't remember what I paid last season but it has recently been £38 as is Leeds. I think it's about time clubs took a stance on behalf of their fans and whilst I have sympathy with fans who pay ridiculously over the odds I hope some fans understand, I know I would if the roles were reversed. Waggott to!d me himself that he was trying to initiate some scheme amongst Championship clubs where there is a maximum price much like the Premier League. I guess he was rebuffed.

I just had a quick look at Wednesday's home prices and non members against Leeds in the Kop is £39 and £36 against Swansea.  Leeds is category B and Swansea category C.

Last year, and I presume this year, we were category D at Sheff weds.

The ticket price last season , confirmed on the opening page of the match thread on this board back in March, was £33.

We know Leeds is extortionate, but that charge at Elland road is being used by Waggot to justify fleecing Sheff Weds fans purely because they may bring a full house.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

Last year, and I presume this year, we were category D at Sheff weds.

The ticket price last season , confirmed on the opening page of them match thread on this board back in March, was £33.

We know Leeds is extortionate, but that charge at Elland road is bsing used by Waggot to justify fleecing Sheff Weds fans purely because they may bring a full house.

I don't get it, as the reason to shut the DE to our own supporters was to fill it with big away followings and boost revenue. Is he a businessman? I can't see them filling the DE at those prices.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

That in itself is a worry. 10 years talking about it and over that time all we have seen is a huge decline combined with - in the last few years at least - constant prices rises.

If you remove the Venkys factor, is someone at the club ever going to make the correlation?

Particularly after the run we’ve had, we need an imaginative ‘one game special’ not an above-ST-priced micro-season ticket. It’s just more of the same thing that we always get, with a couple of thousand extra to the gate. Plus, if people don’t go to the first of the three then the offer becomes worthless.

If Waggott insists that £15 is his bottom dollar walk-on price, and only on multi buy, then fans should be able to pick any three games, or five or even ten (and do away with the half ST concept. With computer systems it should be possible now, it just means you don’t get to have the same seat each game, unless you buy a full ST. At least we’d have bumper crowds for the more attractive games and you could still charge away fans a premium to subsidise it.

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We know Leeds is extortionate, but that charge at Elland road is being used by Waggot to justify fleecing Sheff Weds fans purely because they may bring a full house.

Leeds probably will, but Sheff Wed haven’t brought more than a couple of thousand for donkeys years, and they certainly won’t at £40. Honestly don’t see the point.

Loads of clubs rip off away fans in the Championship, picking out Sheff Wed is very strange.

• Like 2

Stuart, we are as one, save you continue to go and I don't. Performance/price. Absolutely crucial, but behind it all is the Loon factor. They have killed the ten of us who used to go to the Observatory, have a beer, eat, serve the local economy, then go to the match. I was once die hard, but not now. We all make life choices, I have decided again not to return until they leave. The crave has been extracted from me, and the reports of the games at home since I  attended in December last year, do nothing to encourage my return. A lot have lost the will.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 1