BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Going to be a piss poor gate on Saturday you’d wager with any floating fan who simply wants to buy a Sheff Wed ticket being charged up to £48 for the privilege...

Only been to Ewood once in the last 7 years (since the Kean out Bolton home debacle) and that was to the Charlton game which was piss poor. I was bought that ticket as the it was a special invite by the father in law as the brother in law was up from darn sarf. 

Fast forward to now and 2 mates asked me if I want to meet up and go for a one off game for old times sake, like back in the day when Rovers ruled all our lives. I picked 2nd Nov Vs sheff wed. Now my mate sits in the jw stand. So I looked and almost spat my teeth out that it was FORTY THREE POUNDS!!! to sit in his area yet the online ticket system won't even tell me the seat numbers.

Hasten to say I'll meet them for a pre match beer then go home.

• Like 2

There better be a very quick upturn in fortune both on and off the field of play or else we are in for some real shocking attendances coming up to Xmas.

From what I gather many Wednesday fans are refusing to pay that price never mind home fans so you have basically shot yourself in the foot Mr Waggott.

On 22/10/2019 at 19:59, Stuart said:

He still thinks we want £7.50 pie-and-a-pint “deals”.

To be fair Preston was EVEN WORSE than Ewood. £12 for two pints and two pies (so you can only capitalise in groups or if you're rather hungry) - no card machines/contactless payments etc... 

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

To be fair Preston was EVEN WORSE than Ewood. £12 for two pints and two pies (so you can only capitalise in groups or if you're rather hungry) - no card machines/contactless payments etc... 

It’s still a better deal than ours.

On 24/10/2019 at 11:20, Bad Boy said:

Yes Greg is trying hard in challenging circumstances and it is difficult to milk the local community and business fraternity much more.

There appeared to be about 8,500 home fans on v Huddersfield, there were vast swathes of empty seats around me in the JW that are normally occupied.

If we do not improve on the field (where it matters most) the gates will continue to drop.  We have already lost a net 700 ST holders this season and I can see the decline continuing sadly.

This is a bit naughty, but..............

did people really think we would be better off without Big Sam? Did people really believe that getting rid of the bigger wage earners and investing in young and hungry players was the way to go when we were half way up the Premier League?

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s still a better deal than ours.

I'd argue it isn't. It's a deal that you can only get in groups, or if you're going to eat and drink double the amount of food. AND you can't pay by card. It's alright on paper, but you have order a lot more food than you may want/need to get any sort of deal.

Everything is over complicated at Ewood compared to a lot of other Championship clubs not just the football or ownership/running structure.

Take Saturday for example - Local derby, 3pm kick off no jerking around with kick off times, no blaming police. £24 standard match price no faffing with all ticket or cat A+ or whatever.  Pay on the day available and a full end allocated.

No fuss no messing just the way it should be and they are rewarded with nearly 20k, huge for them, massive in fact.  

That kind of approach at Ewood would probably see a crowd in excess of 22k . Something a bit more imaginative hopefully drawing in lapsed fans, part timers, neutrals and local kids might see 25k.  Use the fixtures of interest not the run of the mill or dead rubbers etc.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Everything is over complicated at Ewood compared to a lot of other Championship clubs not just the football or ownership/running structure.

Take Saturday for example - Local derby, 3pm kick off no jerking around with kick off times, no blaming police. £24 standard match price no faffing with all ticket or cat A+ or whatever.  Pay on the day available and a full end allocated.

No fuss no messing just the way it should be and they are rewarded with nearly 20k, huge for them, massive in fact.  

That kind of approach at Ewood would probably see a crowd in excess of 22k . Something a bit more imaginative hopefully drawing in lapsed fans, part timers, neutrals and local kids might see 25k.  Use the fixtures of interest not the run of the mill or dead rubbers etc.

1875 Club - more complication.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JoeH said:

I'd argue it isn't. It's a deal that you can only get in groups, or if you're going to eat and drink double the amount of food. AND you can't pay by card. It's alright on paper, but you have order a lot more food than you may want/need to get any sort of deal.

like 3 games for £45 or 1 game for £43

"Think I know when I'm being ripped off so will pass thanks."

Preston at home - make it £20 anywhere in the ground up to kick off. No more strings attached. You'd get 23,000+ on. 

Do what Waggott does and we'll have 19,000 if lucky. 

Sadly I think those employed at Rovers would prefer the lower figure. Easier day at the office and all.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

1875 Club - more complication.

I don't think clubs having a membership scheme is such a bad thing but it needs to be made attractive to join. It all gets a bit of a feel of being held to ransom when you look at things like this though.

Buy a season ticket ----  To save because we are going to jack up match day prices.

Buy a membership ----- To save because we are going to jack up matchday prices AND introduce A+ to screw away fans.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't think clubs having a membership scheme is such a bad thing but it needs to be made attractive to join. It all gets a bit of a feel of being held to ransom when you look at things like this though.

Buy a season ticket ----  To save because we are going to jack up match day prices.

Buy a membership ----- To save because we are going to jack up matchday prices AND introduce A+ to screw away fans.

Where's the incentive for new Supporters?

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not a chance of 23,000 with the dross being served up on the pitch never mind the shyte being served in the snack bar

I'm 99 percent certain this fella would give Nobbers half the riverside as well if he thought he could get away with it to rinse a few extra quid. It is their annual cup final and almost a guaranteed point or three after all with his pal in the dugout.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Buy a 3-match ticket because we’ve made the first game so expensive it’s a “no brainer”.

• Like 1

One of the most frustrating things about the membership scheme is there is no benefit to be had when buying cup matches. All my league home games are covered by my season ticket. I never buy additional home tickets. When we get home cup matches there should be a benefit to members.

This did not work in the new thread I initiated (probably due to me being a ‘newbie’) so I have pasted it here.   Mods please remove the new thread I started.  Thank you.  Here goes:

This is an attempt to bring together discussions on a number of related issues.

There can be few who can disagree the atmosphere at Ewood resembles a morgue (unless we are 3 up?).  We have the issues of parts of the ground being closed; I understand the logic behind this but the application was not what should be expected of a professional organisation.

This is not one for me as a bloke in his early 50’s but we need to come up with a proposal that the Club will support and one that builds atmosphere and lifts the players.  Please note I am not saying anything about the football on the pitch.

I understand the Club would be receptive to a fans initiative for say a safe standing area in the top corner (JW End) of the BBE Lower.  This could, for example, be two blocks of say 15 to 20 seats depth.

If for example this came from the fans (Fans Forum) with a suggestion that the fans play their part via crowdfunding a proportion of the cost (and new flags) it could well fly.  Shrewsbury fans did this; if they can surely we can?

Despite past actions and how these have been received the Club are desperate to improve the atmosphere and surprise surprise they know they do not have all the answers.

is anyone prepared to take the initiative?  Yet another poll perhaps?
image.jpeg.06f75538ec3429b82e21f5dcbc204ff7.jpeg