BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, JHRover said:

Hull are doing half price tickets around the ground for an upcoming match. Not the first time they've done that this season.

Their owner is reacting to their plummeting gates.

What was the attendance. What percentage increase. What did they charge and what is the normal cost.    

I'm a season ticket holder and have recently joined the 18 75 club to bring my family to the Sheffield Wednesday match. I learned you only get 1 discounted ticket, I got 15 of an adult but still charged 11 quid each for 2 under 6s. No real saving once you factor in the cost of membership, I saved a fiver. The membership would however be really good if I was not a season ticket holder, I got 5 in club cash and would get 3 quid of match tickets without any increases. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

I'm a season ticket holder and have recently joined the 18 75 club to bring my family to the Sheffield Wednesday match. I learned you only get 1 discounted ticket, I got 15 of an adult but still charged 11 quid each for 2 under 6s. No real saving once you factor in the cost of membership, I saved a fiver. The membership would however be really good if I was not a season ticket holder, I got 5 in club cash and would get 3 quid of match tickets without any increases. 

Complicated. And then they wonder why people can't be bothered. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

"Club cash" is not cash. It's credit towards overpriced tat in the club shop.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, MCMC1875 said:

It's money towards things that they otherwise wouldn't have though. 

This is coming from someone who has never used theirs!

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hull are doing half price tickets around the ground for an upcoming match. Not the first time they've done that this season.

Their owner is reacting to their plummeting gates.

He's gone a long way to causing them with his cackhanded running of that club so perhaps he's taking a bit of responsibility back. Be interesting to see if they follow that up with any cheap ST deals next season.  Like us they always had a stadium a bit too big for them but being a large area i suppose it was justified when they were doing ok in the Prem.

Their gates have plummeted and there are similarities between that guys tenure and Venkys although at least he did deliver the Prem at one point. Us however are still supposed to be eternally grateful to these owners and manager for promotion from league one.....after they plonked us there in the first place for the first time in 40 years.

If you want to see how good marketing works look at Sale Sharks this week. They're not a fashionable club. Less than a minute on the premiership highlights most weeks even if they wipe the floor with the opposition but they know how to cash in on good times. This week Ben Curry has been on Breakfast TV and 5live and would have been on Sportsday but for events at Westminster. Then today they've had breakfast tv at their training ground at Carrington. They're offering free bacon sandwiches to ST holders who turn up tomorrow to watch the World Cup final at the club. And if England win the World Cup they're giving away 100 half season tickets. They have a marketing dept actively seeking opportunities to connect with fans and riding the wave of international player success. Compare with Rovers who seem to miss opportunities to connect with their fans at every possible moment. I know this is a one off opportunity for Sale but they've certainly worked out how to milk it

• Like 1

Just now, gumboots said:

If you want to see how good marketing works look at Sale Sharks this week. They're not a fashionable club. Less than a minute on the premiership highlights most weeks even if they wipe the floor with the opposition but they know how to cash in on good times. This week Ben Curry has been on Breakfast TV and 5live and would have been on Sportsday but for events at Westminster. Then today they've had breakfast tv at their training ground at Carrington. They're offering free bacon sandwiches to ST holders who turn up tomorrow to watch the World Cup final at the club. And if England win the World Cup they're giving away 100 half season tickets. They have a marketing dept actively seeking opportunities to connect with fans and riding the wave of international player success. Compare with Rovers who seem to miss opportunities to connect with their fans at every possible moment. I know this is a one off opportunity for Sale but they've certainly worked out how to milk it

Waggott: "As a club we've done everything", "There's nothing in the budget".

1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

What was the attendance. What percentage increase. What did they charge and what is the normal cost.    

10,285  on at home to QPR, week later against Derby with reduced prices 16,326, just under an increase of 60%.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

They are applying big city big club logic to what has become very much back to its small town roots.

This was predicted though on here when Waggot arrived having been at Charlton and Coventry.  Arguably lesser profile clubs yes but one in a London suburb and one all on its own in a city 3 times the size of Blackburn.

What works there has never worked here, clue is in the likes of Bradford and Huddersfield, that's what works in these areas.  Anything else is to coin the phrase of another well meaning but slightly deluded one 'kicking the can down the street'.

Big club in a small town said John Williams when we were stable in the Prem averaging 22k.  Sadly not anymore we are what we are now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Its a discount on products in the club shop. Ive got over 30 pounds in my club account. Ive used my 1875 club membership this weekend to buy a adult and kid tickets for this weekend game for a friend and her daughter.  It will be 1st game for them both. They looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We know rovers marketing department is shit, it’s run by people who are related to directors or owners and has been for ages.  

I don’t think it’s fair comparison because Sale are playing in the premier league of rugby union and have no competition geographically from what I can see.....the rise of Accy, Chorley, Fylde (to a lesser extent) , plus all the their local clubs will have an effect, so I’m not sure I accept your analogy 

Edited by Sparks Rover

I've acknowledged it's a one off for Sale. But Rovers had an albeit smaller chance to ride the crest of their wave when we were promoted and nobody grabbed the chance. It's more attitude I'm talking about.  Not the size of the opportunity.  It's about making the most of whatever chances come your way and looking at situations to see if you can make something from what's on offer Growing their fanbase is important to them. It doesn't seem to be important at Rovers

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

We know rovers marketing department is shit, it’s run by people who are related to directors or owners and has been for ages.   

If by that comment you are suggesting that Greg Coar is related to Rob Coar then you are completely wrong. As others have said on this thread Greg is from a long standing Rovers supporting family and is one of the good guys, as in truth are the majority of staff at Ewood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAK said:

10,285  on at home to QPR, week later against Derby with reduced prices 16,326, just under an increase of 60%.

That is a decent increase to be fair. Playing devils advocate our attendances have not fallen as far (in fact they are generally on the rise) - did Derby bring more away fans than QPR ?  Have they played since - What was the attendance ?

2 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

That is a decent increase to be fair. Playing devils advocate our attendances have not fallen as far (in fact they are generally on the rise) - did Derby bring more away fans than QPR ?  Have they played since - What was the attendance ?

They've not played since, but their next home game will have the same offer.

QPR was 10,285 with 350 away fans, so 9935 home fans. The game before they played QPR, without the offer, they had 11,590 on against Sheff Weds, that was a midweek game, sheff weds had 2100 on, so 9490 home fans. Then there game with Derby 16,326 on with 2500 Derby fans, so 13,826 home fans. So the lowest amount of home fans in last 3 games was 9490, with highest being 13,826 when the offer was on, so an increas over just over 45% in terms of home fans.

Edited by AAK

21 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This type of marketing actually turns me off, like tonight in Tesco , Pasta n Sauce £1.10 each or 3 for £1.80 cheeky gets trying to force you into something. I hate that type of shit. I just don’t buy it then on principle. Just price 1 at a reasonable price and I’ll always buy

What brand pasta n sauce is it?