BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

If by that comment you are suggesting that Greg Coar is related to Rob Coar then you are completely wrong. As others have said on this thread Greg is from a long standing Rovers supporting family and is one of the good guys, as in truth are the majority of staff at Ewood.

I'm told that Robert's father and Greg's grandfather were brothers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Club cash t & c on club web site redeemable against retail items in roverstore 

So it's useless for me. Now if I could join the 1875 club or buy my season ticket and redeem that club cash off a cup ticket at a future date, it is a carrot for me to join and also puts an extra bums on seat for a future game with a probable low attendance.

Now there may be an issue as away clubs get half the revenue, so why not club cash has 50% value against tickets.

Or club cash redeemable on food and drink in blues bar.

Its a useless incentive to me unless I unexpectedly wanted a Roar pencil or a packet of blue and white bonbons.

Edited by Hasta

8 hours ago, gumboots said:

If you want to see how good marketing works look at Sale Sharks this week. They're not a fashionable club. Less than a minute on the premiership highlights most weeks even if they wipe the floor with the opposition but they know how to cash in on good times. This week Ben Curry has been on Breakfast TV and 5live and would have been on Sportsday but for events at Westminster. Then today they've had breakfast tv at their training ground at Carrington. They're offering free bacon sandwiches to ST holders who turn up tomorrow to watch the World Cup final at the club. And if England win the World Cup they're giving away 100 half season tickets. They have a marketing dept actively seeking opportunities to connect with fans and riding the wave of international player success. Compare with Rovers who seem to miss opportunities to connect with their fans at every possible moment. I know this is a one off opportunity for Sale but they've certainly worked out how to milk it

Sale probably can though as they don’t have a stadium to pay for and leach from Salford city council another city who paid for it and its upkeep.

Though I do agree with most of the I noticed it’s just it’s easier when in that position to do this type of thing without a main overhead cost.

To be fair, they have tried to buy the ground. But it's not about the giveaways. It's about promoting a feel good factor for fans who go and attracting new fans when there are potentially people who might think, I enjoyed that. Perhaps I'll give it another go. Simon Orange is a local businessman who gets the fans or who employs people who get the fans. It comes down to the way the club is run. It's not about spending loads of cash. It's about using a bounce in your fortunes to the max and making fans feel important. We've had it at Rovers in the past. I used to enjoy going to Ewood so much that I couldn't wait for the next match and used to go to youth cup games and so on. Now, even when I do go, it's more in hope than expectation, and I almost have to twist my husbands arm to make him go with me

• Like 2

Putting the shamefully scandalous £43 jack walker upper outer price into context it is £14 more than I paid for the 2002 league cup final and about £17 more than the 2007 FA cup semi final.

Not withstanding the shameless £3 tax on latecomers !!!

What is the reasoning for making a nonentity like Sheff Wed cat A+?

• Like 1

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Putting the shamefully scandalous £43 jack walker upper outer price into context it is £14 more than I paid for the 2002 league cup final and about £17 more than the 2007 FA cup semi final.

Not withstanding the shameless £3 tax on latecomers !!!

What is the reasoning for making a nonentity like Sheff Wed cat A+?

A guaranteed following of at least 2k.

• Like 1

Just over 11k home fans on today, obviously a few will have bought the 3 game bundle, and a few will have got there tickets discounted through the 1875 club.

Would love to know how many actually bought a full price ticket for today though.

Hopefully that’s a big three points that will help to keep us clear of relegation.

It shows what a poor league it is when we can have a run of one win in seven and still be 16th. Just need to keep ourselves clear of the bottom pack and tread on for another season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Lowest home fan attendance of the season.

Good a big smack in the face for the oversized gremlin. His face reminds me of someome whos taking the piss on facejacker. Its probably suhail pasha in a fat suit with a mask on.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hopefully that’s a big three points that will help to keep us clear of relegation.

It shows what a poor league it is when we can have a run of one win in seven and still be 16th. Just need to keep ourselves clear of the bottom pack and tread on for another season.

Great

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Lowest home fan attendance of the season.

Yes, and look at what they missed.

At least they could have come along and booed Bennett for F sake. These eejits spend all afternoon and called anything he does wrong, but ignore every other player who does wrong.

But the seem to miss his tackles and his crosses, even the one on Tosin's bunnet. 

And the twIts still shout to have the ref send him off any time the ref is talking to him!!

They unfortunately did turn up.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Yeah part time bastards, I mean they’ve known it was £48 all season, should’ve just saved up.

Why are you suggesting they pay £48. They could have got in for £36.

You must be made of money!!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Yeah part time bastards, I mean they’ve known it was £48 all season, should’ve just saved up.

Imagine a family of four rocking up...

“That'll be £118, Mr Bastard.”

“No, no, I just wanted today’s game, not a season ticket!”

”What? You mean you haven’t been putting money away each week?”

Former Family Club of the Year too...

Our senior executives must surely be divided on policies like this.