BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

13 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

the official attendance is always tickets sold. i.e. if the actual attendance was zero (nobody) the official would be 8600. 

They'd always have it dressed up to about 10k including the complimentary's.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Waggott’s incentives have been poor almost 100% of the time.

The only success? £10 tickets against Oxford.

Yes thats true. But it was a promotion party. How many would have been there if we wer in the position we are now.

3 hours ago, Doogs said:

Yes thats true. But it was a promotion party. How many would have been there if we wer in the position we are now.

He should make the PNE game £10 a ticket and put the debate to bed once and for all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He should make the PNE game £10 a ticket and put the debate to bed once and for all...

Yep. That would be a good plan. I suspect I know the outcome though. I'd put money on the home numbers being no more than 13000, possibly 14000. If PNE are still challenging as they are today I think they would shift 8000.

Just now, Paul said:

Yep. That would be a good plan. I suspect I know the outcome though. I'd put money on the home numbers being no more than 13000, possibly 14000. If PNE are still challenging as they are today I think they would shift 8000.

Surely Tesco Steve will roll the dice again with the nobbers and bundle it up. £48 walk on price and no mistake .Every little helps.☹️

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Surely Tesco Steve will roll the dice again with the nobbers and bundle it up. £48 walk on price and no mistake .Every little helps.☹️

Well I hope not as it would ruin what could be a great afternoon.

Just now, Paul said:

Sarcasm?

Anywho... 22,000. That would be a fantastic total for a January fixture, and our highest Championship gate since Boro (Christmas 2014).

A £10 PNE ticket would I suspect bring about a similar gate to the Oxford game. (27k)

Conversely, if it did nothing for the gate then it would prove Waggott right and we could have no further complaint about £40 tickets. (Although we all know that the sole purpose of that was/is to sell bundles/STs).

26 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sarcasm?

Anywho... 22,000. That would be a fantastic total for a January fixture, and our highest Championship gate since Boro (Christmas 2014).

A £10 PNE ticket would I suspect bring about a similar gate to the Oxford game. (27k)

Conversely, if it did nothing for the gate then it would prove Waggott right and we could have no further complaint about £40 tickets. (Although we all know that the sole purpose of that was/is to sell bundles/STs).

But bundles don't work

I said it when the fixtures came out.

£10 Birmingham at home on Boxing Day. Under 11s free.

Holiday atmosphere. A lot of people off work.  With it being a bank holiday people will be looking for something different to do with the kids. Back on the lash after Christmas Day with your mates. Avoid the Boxing Day sales. Tickets sold as Christmas presents. Birmingham will probably bring a few more at that price. 

Make the deciion well in advance and start advertising it through the LT, website, social media and on the big screen from the next game. Stick a pop up stand, or some kind of display, in the Mall for a couple of Saturdays during December. People may not buy from it but a lot of locals will see it and know the deal exists (unlike 1875 club).

• Like 5

Prices were announced before the season. Preston and Brum are Cat A.

£28 or £31 with Waggott Tax, if you dare to go down after 12.

Tenner for all (home and away) against Nobbers would indeed fill the ground.

More chance of Santa coming down my chimney dressed as Sheriff Waggott to take all the presents away.

Birmingham charged us £15 the other week so if Waggott really does base his prices on what the other club charges our fans e.g. Leeds then what will his excuse be against Birmingham?

He just makes it up as he goes along. Some Rovers fans are still falling for it.

• Like 5

Also £20 at WBA, yet we will be charging them £28 when they come here.

You can see people lapping it up over on social media about this myth with the Sheff Wed prices, "well its what they charge us so fair play".

No it isn't.

• Like 3

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Also category A are Wigan on a Monday night on Sky, and Stoke on a Wednesday night in February.

Crazy, crazy pricing.

Stoke. Bottom of the league. Freezing cold Feb night game. On the red button. If you get home from work and just fancy it, you will remember the Waggott Tax already kicked in. £31 before pie and bovril.

Certified Crazy indeed.

• Like 4

The only credit I can give Rovers is that it isnt just us. Swansea away in December I expect will be £30 adults for a midweek game on TV. 

At least a day and a half off work. 5 hours each way travel and the best part of £100 for ticket, travel, programme and food/drink. Or sit at home for free on the red button. 

Takes some justifying a couple of weeks before Christmas. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Swanseas home attendances held firm last season despite relegation.  However they are a few thousand down most games this season now they've realised an imminent return isn't happening.

Most clubs do keep the bulk of their support on relegation,,, unless you are relegated in a state of civil war with public enemy number 1 STILL as manager...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Swanseas home attendances held firm last season despite relegation.  However they are a few thousand down most games this season now they've realised an imminent return isn't happening.

They'll be down to 11-12,000 if they stay at this level long term. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sarcasm?

I see no sarcasm in my response. I agreed it would be a good opportunity to finally settle the discussion on ticket incentives or pricing. Personally I believe the Oxford game was a recent unique set of circumstances. I don't believe £10 tickets will bring the crowds flocking back to Ewood. I've explained my reasoning too many times to make it worth repeating and I'm sure you will have read these.

I think a home gate for PNE at £10 would be 13/14000. Originally I didn't bother to explain my logic but here it is. I'm not sure of the accuracy of my numbers as I read so many different ones on here but I think the following is reasonable. We have +/- 8600 ST holders and 2-3000 walk ons which gives us the +/- 11500 home gate which seems to be fairly consistent this season. I feel a £10 offer would attract +/- 2500 which would put the home gate at 13/14000. If we are still 16th with one win in six it's hardly going to galvanise folk in to going to Ewood. PNE at home isn't a big deal for many. Yes, to you, to me it's a local derby but then we are there every week and see it differently.

Would PNE bring 8000? If they are still top of the table, playing well and a chance to put one over a local rival I think it's highly likely 8000 or so would turn up.

Yes, 22000 would be an excellent January gate but this was not your initial point nor is it the one I replied to. You had been referring to the Oxford game and suggesting PNE at £10 "and put the debate to bed for once and all" which implies, for me, you think there would be a very significant increase in home attendance. I don't, simple as that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

I see no sarcasm in my response. I agreed it would be a good opportunity to finally settle the discussion on ticket incentives or pricing. Personally I believe the Oxford game was a recent unique set of circumstances. I don't believe £10 tickets will bring the crowds flocking back to Ewood. I've explained my reasoning too many times to make it worth repeating and I'm sure you will have read these.

I think a home gate for PNE at £10 would be 13/14000. Originally I didn't bother to explain my logic but here it is. I'm not sure of the accuracy of my numbers as I read so many different ones on here but I think the following is reasonable. We have +/- 8600 ST holders and 2-3000 walk ons which gives us the +/- 11500 home gate which seems to be fairly consistent this season. I feel a £10 offer would attract +/- 2500 which would put the home gate at 13/14000. If we are still 16th with one win in six it's hardly going to galvanise folk in to going to Ewood. PNE at home isn't a big deal for many. Yes, to you, to me it's a local derby but then we are there every week and see it differently.

Would PNE bring 8000? If they are still top of the table, playing well and a chance to put one over a local rival I think it's highly likely 8000 or so would turn up.

Yes, 22000 would be an excellent January gate but this was not your initial point nor is it the one I replied to. You had been referring to the Oxford game and suggesting PNE at £10 "and put the debate to bed for once and all" which implies, for me, you think there would be a very significant increase in home attendance. I don't, simple as that.

Fair enough.

IMHO, at £10 PNE would definitely sell out ANY allocation.

With large numbers of away fans, home fans would respond.

It would easily be our biggest gate of the season.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Fair enough.

IMHO, at £10 PNE would definitely sell out ANY allocation.

With large numbers of away fans, home fans would respond.

It would easily be our biggest gate of the season.

Let's hope the club take the initiative and we find out.

• Like 1