BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

• Moderation Lead

Whilst it would have been a better gesture to have it as a tenner if it was on a Saturday, they’ve done right by making it a tenner as it’s on tv, as loads will stay home and watch it there, rather than go on.

With that being said, £10 to watch Rovers isn’t something to complain about, for me.

• Like 1

I'm not complaining, as it's better than doing nothing and there was never a chance that Boxing Day was going to be anything but Category A. The seed was sown for that when there were queues the length of the Blackburn End for Rochdale two years ago.

However, we've got to be realistic for a night game.

Agree with the last 2 posts (well last 2 but one now!). It's been made a tenner because they known it's an unattractive fixture now it's on Sky. It's the right move.

When we get the usual 12000 home fans on though it will be used as an example of why 'cheap tickets' don't work and don't boost attendances.

Edited by Hasta

40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ha! #scrotegate
A pie eater who likes to hang round in groups try to intimidate families and swing their pie holders. They tend to go when tickets are cheap.

I personally wouldn't care.

If a tenner a ticket fills the ground with an additional 15,000 pie scoffers, I'd happily dodge a swinging pie holder in compensation for a bouncing Ewood Park atmosphere. What would be thought of those in The Longside in the late seventies/early eighties when you had to dodge all sorts.

Let's fill the ground and stop whinging.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I personally wouldn't care.

If a tenner a ticket fills the ground with an additional 15,000 pie scoffers, I'd happily dodge a swinging pie holder in compensation for a bouncing Ewood Park atmosphere. What would be thought of those in The Longside in the late seventies/early eighties when you had to dodge all sorts.

Let's fill the ground and stop whinging.

Ive said it before on here and ill say it again ..want to increase attendances ? ...charge 25 quid ....put a free bar on 1-15pm to 2-45pm ..people can order only two drinks at once but by all means queue up again . Do it on three Saturday home games ..one week BBE then JW then Riverside. No swapping Season tickets to other parts of the ground ..keep it fair.

It would  guarantee an increase of 2000-3000 each week if not more and bloody better atmosphere more akin to an Away game. If its anything that people want its something for nothing and more so when alcohol involved (sadly) Yes it is sad having to get people in for other things rather than the football but the beauty of an Away game is simply have a good day on the pi55 and football second for a lot of people.

• Like 3

On 28/11/2019 at 20:56, Stuart said:

My only worry with picking the Wigan game is that it will attract a lot of scrotes. Hopefully the fact that it’s an evening ko will make it more difficult but I’d expect trouble.

Other than that it’s a a local derby right before Christmas that is very affordable at a time when people are skint. Hopefully a big crowd and a great performance to kick off the Christmas period. Let’s hope the weather isn’t awful.

On 29/11/2019 at 08:44, Stuart said:

Don’t you dare, Paul. 

My post quite clearly said “My only worry with picking the Wigan game is ...”

See your post above. You said "scrotes" and you're now trying to backtrack. This is a thread about Rovers attendances not away followings coming to Ewood.

You, along with many others, have been calling for cheap tickets. The club has made a sensible offer which probably mainly reflects the time of year and KO.

Which begs the question of who you deem it appropriate to have in the ground?

Edited by Paul

3 hours ago, Paul said:

See your post above. You said "scrotes" and you're now trying to backtrack. This is a thread about Rovers attendances not away followings coming to Ewood.

You, along with many others, have been calling for cheap tickets. The club has made a sensible offer which probably mainly reflects the time of year and KO.

Which begs the question of who you deem it appropriate to have in the ground?

I’m done with this Paul. I’ve explained my comment. Now you are just trying to get a rise.

All clubs have scrotes, simple as.

£10 a game works if there is entertainment on the pitch. If people spennd £10 and it is a crap match they don't come back.

For too many years, there has been too many crap games so why should people pay to be bored?

The simple solutionis if Rovers were winning and playing well then people will come.

You only have to look at this website when diehard fans struggle to watch 

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 09:15, dingles staying down 4ever said:

All clubs have scrotes, simple as.

£10 a game works if there is entertainment on the pitch. If people spennd £10 and it is a crap match they don't come back.

For too many years, there has been too many crap games so why should people pay to be bored?

The simple solutionis if Rovers were winning and playing well then people will come.

You only have to look at this website when diehard fans struggle to watch 

I agree with this, and when the club has run the next gen games we've either lost or played poorly, if we suddenly go on a 8/9 game run and starting heading towards the play offs we'll get an increase, if we somehow manage to stay there. There will be a naturally generated buzz around the area that will see an increase. Ok its not going to be 25k but I reckon we'd start pushing towards 15k

• Like 1

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

I agree with this, and when the club has run the next gen games we've either lost or played poorly, if we suddenly go on a 8/9 game run and starting heading towards the play offs we'll get an increase, if we somehow manage to stay there. There will be a naturally generated buzz around the area that will see an increase. Ok its not going to be 25k but I reckon we'd start pushing towards 15k

Possibly.

But frustratingly, our runs of form always seem to peter out just as you can sense a bit of momentum and interest stirring with the floating fanbase...

• Like 1

In Brentford's new stadium the seats are in a variety of colours (red, burgundy, green, yellow and off-white are the colours used by Brentford). 

This is being done to create the effect of a full house on TV. I suppose it has a somewhat similar effect for those in the ground.

Waggott needs a paintbrush and a lot of paint.

• Like 1

Catergory A prices a few weeks before Christmas and it was going to be nothing but a poor crowd.

Obviously it was an ‘A’ game as it was ‘big club’ Derby who would without doubt be bringing 2,000+ , easy pickings for Waggott to fleece.

They actually brought around 1200, which was no surprise to me as for a club with sizeable home crowds they don’t have a particularly large away following - obviously our Chief Exec has as much of a clue on what away support to expect as the home.

Didn't know it was Cat A which is a bit disrespectful given the time of year although not sure it would've made a lot of difference. 

Derby i'd have had them down 900/1000 max for this so yes Mr 'We're looking into it' will be pleased on that turnout.

57 minutes ago, tomphil said:

An upturn in form but no free tickets distributed and the time of year ended in another low home turnout.

If they didn't know what they were up against before surely they will by now.

Should an upturn in form and decent football not be enough to entice some back though? 

I have read people give reasons for not attending such as poor football and poor results. If this run continues and crowds remain stagnant, could it be deducted, that these were just excuses? 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Should an upturn in form and decent football not be enough to entice some back though? 

I have read people give reasons for not attending such as poor football and poor results. If this run continues and crowds remain stagnant, could it be deducted, that these were just excuses? 

Why do people need "excuses" as to how they spend their time and money? A short burst of wins at home will not suddenly lead to a sharp increase in attendances. And ultimately, it is unrealistic to expect it to continue indefinitely.

The hard core are already attending. A return to the Premier League would be the best way to improve attendances. Failing that, the baton is not with the fans who clearly can take or leave attending, it is with Waggott who is doing his best to limit potential attendances with his aggressive and poorly thought out pricing policies.

End of the day there are not thousands of floating fans out there willing to pay £30 a ticket (JW on Saturday) for mid table Championship football, 3 wins on the bounce or not.

As I’ve said repeatedly, our match going fan base has never consisted of many game by game walk ons, it has always been built on ST holders, we just didn’t sell enough last summer. Increase those, increase crowds, end of.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

What really makes my blood boil is walk on fans having to pay Waggot tax for tickets prior to the match.

£3 is an absolute joke.

Away fans stuck in the top tier doesn't help an already poor atmosphere and the empty seats (stand) looks terrible on the tv.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Won't happen overnight but i'd have expected a few more maybe around 12k home fans like we've usually had in this lge. 

That's when you have to then look at the other factors mentioned as to reasons why. They must play a part as we are talking previous hardcore regulars here not just part timers only interested in winning. They'll need even more incentive now i think but that's another debate.

• Like 1