BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

18 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Many more of those attendances at the mighty Turf that season.... legend has it though they had to terrace Pendle hill for the Orient game!

:lol:

I'll never forget that one it was Radio Lancs phone in gold.   'If we were in Rovers position we'd.....'     -  STILL get smaller gates mate ?

• Like 4

Surprised Man United didn't offer though I guess it wasn't globally relevant enough to exploit as with the trapped Chilean miners (sent shirts)

I don't think it's that exploitative and the majority probably won't return. Maybe a minority will perhaps that's the motive. People aren't gonna complain about them getting in for free as it will make them look bad after what's happened with the expulsion.

The club are advertising "head of commercial" vacancy. So has Greg Coar left, been promoted or what?

Edited by Vinjay

Just now, Blue blood said:

Not sure am way off the mark - although these things are always somewhat subjective - from what I have seen and heard there's been a number of clangers to say the least. The rating also factors in the situation letting a promising young keeper go, Walton being on loan hence no long term benefit and could return leaving us with a terrible keeper. In short the circumstances and performances contributed to that rating. 

it's hard to say how he would have done. I think he would have done well but plenty of players have started well and done badly and vice versa in my time of watching Rovers that I didn't want to judge too quickly. I'm not sure of so few games though we can say with certainty one way or the other. It's very hypothetical. 

Every penny counts and given he knew Chapman and he seems to have a host of issues it seems a poor signing regardless of level. 

might lean to a 5 but considering fee and what we needed I couldn't go any higher. He's certainly not no 1 striker at a mid table club quality as yet. 

I hope we do too. But that is one game. Even Bell had a good game and am not rating him a good signing! He has promise but it hasn't as yet been fulfilled. And if it isn't going to be we might have well have invested elsewhere. Over the course of the half season he's only done a handful of decent games and I feel the money could be spent better elsewhere where there are more pressing needs. 

Good to see what other fans think regardless of whether agree or disagree. Hopefully this gives a bit more clarity as to why I rated as I did. ?

If we need to be looking at a new keeper than it seems to me Walton isn't doing the job we need him to - and therefore isn't a good signing. Again, part of this is the situation surrounding him being here as well as his performances. Thanks for the input ?

My view on Walton and the goalkeeper situation is that, Raya wanted to go, TM had a few targets that he couldn't sign and ended up with Walton. He has looked a lot more assured since he's had a settled back 4 in front of him. He is obviously a stop gap until we sign our own first choice keeper, and I think to be fair on him, the fact that only 2 keepers have kept more clean sheets than him this season, would warrant him a higher rating than 3. 

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I listened to the Steve Waggott interview with Andy Bayes the other day, and Walton would fit right into the philosophy of building up the clubs playing assets. He's only just turned 24, and I think he'd be a great permanent addition. I think Brighton will want to hold onto him, though, and being still very young for a keeper, he could probably stay on his wages at Brighton and still get game time elsewhere over the next couple of seasons. I'd be pleasantly shocked if we signed him.

Given his agent i'd say there is a strong possibility of it happening and it's not a road i'd go down unless the fee is about 500k which is unlikely.

You are right in saying he fits the ethos and the way TM does things.

Still prefer a better no 1 for now but he looks like he's settled down a bit to be fair.

Edited by tomphil

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rovers have got the Birmingham Boxing day pricing completely wrong here.It's almost as if they are trying to make up any loss after the cheap ticket deal for the Wigan game.

Prices for all home games were announced before season started. 

Wigan game price got changed cos it's on TV and on Monday night

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Many more of those attendances at the mighty Turf that season.... legend has it though they had to terrace Pendle hill for the Orient game!

:lol:

Aye, The BeeHole was chocker too: with Rovers fans waiting for t'plane to chug over....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So? Just because Birmingham was announced as Category A in the summer doesn’t mean it’s a good decision.

It’s Cat A because usually you get a couple of thousand extra through the gate on Boxing Day. So instead of thinking, ‘traditional football day so how do we make that extra 2k, an extra 5/6/7k?’, the club just decides to milk that 2k at £27-£33.

I’m not getting particularly annoyed about it, as it was always going to be Cat A and Wigan looks to be selling well, so we will see a bumper Xmas crowd at least once this year.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So? Just because Birmingham was announced as Category A in the summer doesn’t mean it’s a good decision.

It’s Cat A because usually you get a couple of thousand extra through the gate on Boxing Day. So instead of thinking, ‘traditional football day so how do we make that extra 2k, an extra 5/6/7k?’, the club just decides to milk that 2k at £27-£33.

I’m not getting particularly annoyed about it, as it was always going to be Cat A and Wigan looks to be selling well, so we will see a bumper Xmas crowd at least once this year.

I hope it is really selling well and not freebies for the only game on TV that day anywhere in the known universe.

I look forward to watching it and the bumper crowd.

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for stating the obvious, but it doesn’t make it right though.

Edited by K-Hod

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Did I say it was a good decision? Did I? 

With Birmingham game not being on Sky via red button is a bonus for this game in terms of crowd. 

I know people who have got tickets for this game as Christmas present. 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Thanks for stating the obvious, but it doesn’t make it right though.

Did I say it was right tho?