BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So why mention it then?

Was accused me of saying it was good decision then Mattyblue? 

I agree with announcing prices for each home game before season starts so people can plan their games to attend. Tho disagree with the cost of most games tho. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

People not seen since Oxford may be turning out, that's great.   What will the club do to entice them back a few days later ?   

Nothing because Brum might bring 3k !

Over to Tony and the boys...

Hopefully playing entertaining football and giving Wigan a spanking...

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 09:03, chaddyrovers said:

Was accused me of saying it was good decision then Mattyblue? 

I agree with announcing prices for each home game before season starts so people can plan their games to attend. Tho disagree with the cost of most games tho. 

I agree with announcing before the season, that all home games will be priced at £15 in all areas except the JW upper. This allows people not to have to bother planning anything. You simply go to the games to want or can.

Announcing 30 quid games before the season simply allows supporters to plan which games they wont go to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I agree with announcing before the season, that all home games will be priced at £15 in all areas except the JW upper. This allows people not to have to bother planning anything. You simply go to the games to want or can.

Announcing 30 quid games before the season simply allows supporters to plan which games they wont go to.

I think I said 20 pounds per ticket expect JW upper but Kids under 16 a pounds and season tickets a pound for all under 16. With under 16's you spend alot more than if I didn't take my step daughter with me in food and Rovers kits. 

We agree roughly on the same principles on cost.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Looking like a good crowd tomorrow on the ticket website. Amazing what can be done with good prices and a good run of form. Just hope we deliver on the pitch. 

Yes, although the "good run of form" is the more important.

It's hard to sell shit unless you're growing roses! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sabino said:

Yes, although the "good run of form" is the more important.

It's hard to sell shit unless you're growing roses! :)

Which means provided we don't mess it up big time v Wigan there will be a decent walk on against Brum on Boxing Day regardless of the £3 mark up.

I hope the club have sufficient staff in the ticket offices to cope because it would be a tragedy to have hundreds still outside at 3pm.

Down the years regardless of what the average gate has been season to date, getting a 10,000 leap on Boxing Day is the norm if we are doing well.

My forecast for this game is therefore 24,500.

There is still an underlying 25,000 average gate available for Rovers in the Prem if we get there as the turn out v Oxford showed 20 months ago.

Edited by philipl

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Which means provided we don't mess it up big time v Wigan there will be a decent walk on against Brum on Boxing Day regardless of the £3 mark up.

I hope the club have sufficient staff in the ticket offices to cope because it would be a tragedy to have hundreds still outside at 3pm.

Down the years regardless of what the average gate has been season to date, getting a 10,000 leap on Boxing Day is the norm if we are doing well.

My forecast for this game is therefore 24,500.

There is still an underlying 25,000 average gate available for Rovers in the Prem if we get there as the turn out v Oxford showed 20 months ago.

Highly doubtful those heights will be reached even if we had the Wigan prices for Boxing Day.

I'd say a decent crowd of around 18k.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1

24,500?! Behave! That would mean around 13/14,000 home fan walk ons at £27-£33, up to £36 on the day! No chance. We  never saw close to that walk on figure when riding high in the PL, never mind when 9th in the second division.

Many floating fans and their families will be getting their Rovers Festive fix tonight. They won’t be shelling out £100+ on Boxing Day. We’ll do well to attract 15-17,000.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Around 16k tonight. 

14k on Boxing day. 

Home fans only

Agree Chaddy.

Philip must have been pissed when he wrote (or thought) that.

I am going tonight but it's a long 6 week slog to the next payday so won't be spending £25 for brum. If it had been £10 or £15 I would have gone.

Was originally planning to go Hudds but no chance at £30. Last time I paid £20 on the turnstile. Rip off.

The Riverside looks empty online. Everyone moved stands for the offer.

Nowhere near £20K with the BBE upper tier shut and riverside desolate.

18K (16K home fans) for a Sky night match is a good response.

Just now, Blue n whites said:

I think 16k to 18k is so poor.

Could take yourself. Your kid and his 29 classroom for  40 quid. 

I despair sometimes with our fans.  I'm hoping there is a good amount gonna buy late or walk on cause at these prices and in our form I can't imagine another club selling so pooly. 

Read a good few online over the last few days complain that there is an additional charge on the £10 if the ticket is bought today and gave that as the reason they wouldn't be going

Not true! 

It's like some just have a default excuse even when presented with reality (the official twitter account tweeted that there isn't a charge!) 

• Like 2

I don’t think it’s poor at all, we’ve only 8,500 ST holders, which means 8,000 or so will have bought match tickets, treble our usual number and Oxford aside comfortably the most match day sales for a near decade.

As I’ve said time and again, we didn’t sell enough season tickets last summer, which is why even with big match day ticket sales we won’t see 20,000.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Read a good few online over the last few days complain that there is an additional charge on the £10 if the ticket is bought today and gave that as the reason they wouldn't be going

Not true! 

It's like some just have a default excuse even when presented with reality (the official twitter account tweeted that there isn't a charge!) 

Tbh I dont listen to excuses not to attend. It's usually financial with my pals but then the club eradicates that. This scenario will be It's cold wet. Its Monday night. It's on sky. Charging an extra money on the day for walks on. Close to Xmas.  More chance of winning the lottery than ppl attending.

Absolute tripe. Go or don't. But just say you can't be that bothered as over the years you have lost interest. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think it’s poor at all, we’ve only 8,500 ST holders, which means 8,000 or so will have bought match tickets, treble our usual number and Oxford aside comfortably the most match day sales for a near decade.

As I’ve said time and again, we didn’t sell enough season tickets last summer, which is why even with big match day ticket sales we won’t see 20,000.

You would think a tenner on a monday evening before xmas with most off work(if they work) , would draw a good few.

It's a lack of interest more than financial or people making a stand imo 

• Like 1