BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, Stuart said:

Astonishing attitude. This is our team, winning games and scoring great goals but fans are ashamed to show fans of other clubs (likely PL) because of empty seats? Really?

Plus many of our recent team goals have been away from home. There are swathes of empty away end seats there. Bristol even covered up 100s of seats! I have to assume you don’t show those either.

Not that astonishing, surely!

The emptiness of our ground does hurt. I associated it with what has happened to our club over recent years. I know other grounds look empty, but I only care about us!

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Astonishing attitude. This is our team, winning games and scoring great goals but fans are ashamed to show fans of other clubs (likely PL) because of empty seats? Really?

Plus many of our recent team goals have been away from home. There are swathes of empty away end seats there. Bristol even covered up 100s of seats! I have to assume you don’t show those either.

Why would I not show away goals? That's silly.

I have showed them home goals and they always comment on the empty seats. It looks crap

As for the highlighted piece, in Mowbray we trust eh 

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not that astonishing, surely!

The emptiness of our ground does hurt. I associated it with what has happened to our club over recent years. I know other grounds look empty, but I only care about us!

Me too. But I care about where we are going not what fans of other clubs think of us. They didn’t care when we were being torn apart so why concern ourselves with what they think now. Irrelevant.

But you are answering a different question. It hurts that we have lost so many home fans not that we should fill the away stand from the bottom up for TV viewing pleasure.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have showed them home goals and they always comment on the empty seats. It looks crap

So they never comment on the emptiness of away grounds only Ewood? You need new mates!

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

When we are on TV and it looks like nobody is in attendance, it looks pretty sad. My United and Pool supporting mates comment on it. 

A full ground, hopping with fans, looks better on TV. It makes us look like a proper outfit. A bigger crowd should lasso help the players

Not the be all and end all and results are all that matter, but I think that's the point Matty is making and one I would agree with. 

Tell them to focus on their club instead. 

You aren't going to get a full ground tho for this type of game or any game now unless it a promotion winning party game

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Tell them to focus on their club instead. 

You aren't going to get a full ground tho for this type of game or any game now unless it a promotion winning party game

Ya, that works for United fans, not so mush the Liverpool ones these days. It's good natured anyway, as I stated , they are my friends. You are advising me to be short with them, Stuart went a step farther and said I should get new ones. Very prickly aren't you both? Lucky ye have each other ?

Why would they comment about a team I don't support? Plus, they aren't all as empty as Ewood. 

They laugh because Ewood is empty but they ignore that other stadiums we visit are empty.

And you are defending them on this.

You don’t need new mates, you have the ones you deserve.

There are a lot worse things to be worried about than the fact we put away fans in the upper tier - and took the decision to relocate home fans from that stand.

Just now, Stuart said:

They laugh because Ewood is empty but they ignore that other stadiums we visit are empty.

And you are defending them on this.

You don’t need new mates, you have the ones you deserve.

There are a lot worse things to be worried about than the fact we put away fans in the upper tier - and took the decision to relocate home fans from that stand.

I never said anyone was laughing-are you ok? Breath. Deep breaths Stuart 

I don't understand what you mean by defending them, you have lost me there. 

Ok, that's just mean- especially at Christmas. Stuart the Grinch

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You keep saying this but you only have to look at grounds all around the country. Apart from the top PL sides, there are loads of empty ends on TV.

Having 2,000 away fans in the lower tier simply puts pressure on the officials that just doesn’t happen from the upper. I’d go for whatever gives us an advantage on the pitch than what looks good to the armchair supporters.

On another note, as the only game on TV tonight, we can able to expect a belter of a game from a rested Bradley Dack. He’d be a good bet for first goal such is the additional 10%-20% you get from him when the cameras are rolling.

I really think the last comment is very poor to be honest. Dack is our talisman, he’s scored miles more than anyone else in the time he’s been here and is the best footballer at the club.

Can I query if he’s done something to upset you? And if so, what was this heinous act?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How do you think it feels for those who turn up every game ?

Sad thing is Ewood is way too big for a northern town team muddling around midtable in the second tier. If they can't grasp that  i suggest you point out to them the opinions of 'plastics' carry very little weight in English football outside of their own cliques. Do what every diehard fan of a club like ours should do an tell them per head of population our support stands up to most others and everybody in that ground no matter how few is worth ten thousands glory hunting armchair snowflakes !!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The main issue is the atmosphere, it gives it a low priority cup game feel to it, rather than how it looks for people on TV IMO.

Ya, that works for United fans, not so mush the Liverpool ones these days. It's good natured anyway, as I stated , they are my friends. You are advising me to be short with them, Stuart went a step farther and said I should get new ones. Very prickly aren't you both? Lucky ye have each other ?

Since leaving my job in Haydock and working very close to home Ive barely talk to any Liverpool fans, just their post on Facebook. 

They are friends and its great that you support clubs and can actually have discussions about their clubs and your club. I have friends who support different clubs and its good to talk football on different clubs. I thoroughly enjoyed talking football 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The main issue is the atmosphere, it gives it a low priority cup game feel to it, rather than how it looks for people on TV IMO.

The atmosphere has been poor for the last 8 years or so. Its not something that I'm particular interested in myself. But can see why others want it. I go to watch my team and enjoy the game

Just now, tomphil said:

How do you think it feels for those who turn up every game ?

Sad thing is Ewood is way too big for a northern town team muddling around midtable in the second tier. If they can't grasp that  i suggest you point out to them the opinions of 'plastics' carry very little weight in English football outside of their own cliques. Do what every diehard fan of a club like ours should do an tell them per head of population our support stands up to most others and everybody in that ground no matter how few is worth ten thousands glory hunting armchair snowflakes !!!!!!!

I know and even those legends that go to all the away games. I think we have as a good a fans as any.

I think it boils down to Ewood being too big alright. It seems a lot of those who moan about the club not doing enough to get fans to attend, ignore what is being done and also are the first ones who would complain of there was talk about reducing the size of the stadium. The eternal moaners! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rovers with 13k on within an immediate catchment area of around 150k people.

Liverpool with 50k on within an immediate catchment area of around 2.5m people.

Get them to do the maths!

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The atmosphere has been poor for the last 8 years or so. Its not something that I'm particular interested in myself. But can see why others want it. I go to watch my team and enjoy the game

It's great to be in a bouncing atmosphere at Ewood chaddy and in my opinion, had it also been £10 pay on the gate, after Christmas work parties today, there could have been approaching 30,000 on Ewood tonight.

It makes a world of difference to have an atmosphere, how and why you can say differently, I have no idea.

21 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

As an aside, Wigan walk-on fans will be placed in the lower tier of the Darwen End tonight. Everyone's a winner.

Why ??

Opening up the lower just to accommodate a couple of hundred maybe, just shows how stupid and pointless the whole idea is.  It's only covering over why they really did it anyway, useless to a man the crowd controllers down there.

• Like 2

Just now, darrenrover said:

It's great to be in a bouncing atmosphere at Ewood chaddy and in my opinion, had it also been £10 pay on the gate, after Christmas work parties today, there could have been approaching 30,000 on Ewood tonight.

It makes a world of difference to have an atmosphere, how and why you can say differently, I have no idea.

its 10 pounds all night until kick off time. 

Just now, Don Said said:

Probably, but leaves us with less of a problem and increased revenue potential during times of success. Will always be something for Town clubs to grapple with.

Potential success and potential revenue. We average about 12-14 thousand a week 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

Good break down here year by year