BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I really think the last comment is very poor to be honest. Dack is our talisman, he’s scored miles more than anyone else in the time he’s been here and is the best footballer at the club.

Can I query if he’s done something to upset you? And if so, what was this heinous act?

OTT reply. You are overthinking it.

Dack has a long history of being well up for televised games. We need to enjoy him while we can because he’ll definitely be catching they eye of other clubs.

Just now, Stuart said:

OTT reply. You are overthinking it.

Dack has a long history of being well up for televised games. We need to enjoy him while we can because he’ll definitely be catching they eye of other clubs.

He has a long history of being up for all types of games. There was an implication in your post. More than one poster noticed it. Stop back tracking. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Hull fans issuing similar rallying calls for their Boxing day game we aren't the only ones struggling to pull them in this season. They've probably lost more than we have over recent years.

They never had what we had in the first place. Ours are still there.........

15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Is BE upper and DE lower available to pay on the gate Rovers fans? Has it been publicised if so?

No need to open either stand as other areas are still empty. 

You just go ticket office and buy your ticket. Or even better buy now and pick up at side of the club shop

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know and even those legends that go to all the away games. I think we have as a good a fans as any.

I think it boils down to Ewood being too big alright. It seems a lot of those who moan about the club not doing enough to get fans to attend, ignore what is being done and also are the first ones who would complain of there was talk about reducing the size of the stadium. The eternal moaners! 

It just feels like you are echoing the "what more can the club do, people are just moaning for the sake of it" mentality that Waggott seems keen to get across. Im not sure if with respect that is because the problems dont affect you as you dont attend games, therefore criticisms may seem to just come across as moaning but many of the points raised are valid and not undermined by the clubs passive aggressive marketing campaign which questions the fans "committment" rather than evaluating what it can do constructively to attract further fans.

By reducing the size of the stadium, what exactly do you mean? The Blackburn End upper is closed and the Darwen End now solely for home fans. Do you suggest closing more off or physically reduce the size of the ground? That would be a drastic and needless expense that wouldnt make a difference and would also reduce our capacity for when we might sometimes need it if we went up?

In terms of home fans, making their favoured seat/stand unavailable should be a last resort, for example I was moved from the Darwen End which was unexplained prior and frustrating, I just moved stand but I have read people say that they stopped attending after that. Just needlessly upsetting your supporter base. With away fans you have more license as their happiness isnt a priority, sticking them out the way had some logic to it but has only taken away from the atmosphere IMO and should be abandoned.

There are some well intentioned things that the club has done, perhaps at times somewhat clumsily and illogically at times, for example 2 nights before Christmas for a game on Sky would not personally have been my choice to offer tenner tickets, I think Birmingham on Boxing Day had more potential for a bumper crowd but prices are high for that game.

Its difficult to master the individual matchday pricing but I suspect there certainly is more elasticity in terms of being able to make up a further reduced price by the subsuquent increase in attendances. Our prices are fairly high for single games at the moment. You add an unnecessary surcharge and it is not financially attractive for someone who cannot commit to attending until last minute, for whatever reason, work, family, perhaps their own game has been called off. The club also is reliant on season ticket holders yet blew a huge chance to feed off the momentum of promotion and increased supporter interaction by releasing season tickets not instantly and also at a more expensive price.

Most of this wasnt specifically aimed at you by the way, just some general points.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It just feels like you are echoing the "what more can the club do, people are just moaning for the sake of it" mentality that Waggott seems keen to get across. Im not sure if with respect that is because the problems dont affect you as you dont attend games, therefore criticisms may seem to just come across as moaning but many of the points raised are valid and not undermined by the clubs passive aggressive marketing campaign which questions the fans "committment" rather than evaluating what it can do constructively to attract further fans.

By reducing the size of the stadium, what exactly do you mean? The Blackburn End upper is closed and the Darwen End now solely for home fans. Do you suggest closing more off or physically reduce the size of the ground? That would be a drastic and needless expense that wouldnt make a difference and would also reduce our capacity for when we might sometimes need it if we went up?

In terms of home fans, making their favoured seat/stand unavailable should be a last resort, for example I was moved from the Darwen End which was unexplained prior and frustrating, I just moved stand but I have read people say that they stopped attending after that. Just needlessly upsetting your supporter base. With away fans you have more license as their happiness isnt a priority, sticking them out the way had some logic to it but has only taken away from the atmosphere IMO and should be abandoned.

There are some well intentioned things that the club has done, perhaps at times somewhat clumsily and illogically at times, for example 2 nights before Christmas for a game on Sky would not personally have been my choice to offer tenner tickets, I think Birmingham on Boxing Day had more potential for a bumper crowd but prices are high for that game.

Its difficult to master the individual matchday pricing but I suspect there certainly is more elasticity in terms of being able to make up a further reduced price by the subsuquent increase in attendances. Our prices are fairly high for single games at the moment. You add an unnecessary surcharge and it is not financially attractive for someone who cannot commit to attending until last minute, for whatever reason, work, family, perhaps their own game has been called off. The club also is reliant on season ticket holders yet blew a huge chance to feed off the momentum of promotion and increased supporter interaction by releasing season tickets not instantly and also at a more expensive price.

Most of this wasnt specifically aimed at you by the way, just some general points.

Can you engage in conversation with me around this without mentioning the fact I dont live locally and can't attend many games? I know it, you know it and I'm sure anyone else who gives a shit also does. It doesn't need to be repeated every time. Maybe being further away from the issue adds an insight you dont have?

The only reason you or others would find an advertising campaign "passive aggressive" is if it hits a nerve. 

You would probably be looking at a new stadium if you were to reduce capacity. As it stands it will always be somewhat empty, even if we got promoted I bet. 

I take your point on moving seats. Sounds needlessly annoying. 

Also take the point on pricing,but it wouldn't have to be either or. I think they could do a tenner for both games. Would be interesting to see how many that would actually translate to. 

It is difficult to master the pricing, but when you say tickets are expensive for single games, I would say they are cheaper than most at this level,no? You can make the case for them to be even cheaper, I note Lancashire is a poor area(i saw on Twitter yesterday its top 10 poorest in the UK, right next to Northern Ireland), but I'm  not convinced it would translate to much of an increase. The surcharge is stupid and I dont really understand the point of it

I get ya and I know this is something you feel strongly about. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can you engage in conversation with me around this without mentioning the fact I dont live locally and can't attend many games? I know it, you know it and I'm sure anyone else who gives a shit also does. It doesn't need to be repeated every time. Maybe being further away from the issue adds an insight you dont have?

The only reason you or others would find an advertising campaign "passive aggressive" is if it hits a nerve. 

You would probably be looking at a new stadium if you were to reduce capacity. As it stands it will always be somewhat empty, even if we got promoted I bet. 

Also take the point on pricing,but it wouldn't have to be either or. I think they could do a tenner for both games. Would be interesting to see how many that would actually translate to. 

It is difficult to master the pricing, but when you say tickets are expensive for single games, I would say they are cheaper than most at this level,no? You can make the case for them to be even cheaper, I note Lancashire is a poor area(i saw on Twitter yesterday its top 10 poorest in the UK, right next to Northern Ireland), but I'm  not convinced it would translate to much of an increase. The surcharge is stupid and I dont really understand the point of it

They could go ahead with the Riverside/hotel idea and take the hit on seats there but wherever they did it, it would be controversial.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would be humiliating and unnecessary. Sheffield Wednesday didn't sell out much when they were in the EPL. Don't hear them talk about reducing capacity.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There are some well intentioned things that the club has done, perhaps at times somewhat clumsily and illogically at times, for example 2 nights before Christmas for a game on Sky would not personally have been my choice to offer tenner tickets, I think Birmingham on Boxing Day had more potential for a bumper crowd but prices are high for that game

Maybe Birmingham game might have been attractive but that game isn't on the red button like many other games. But its might and maybe. 

not every Rovers fan has Sky Sports. I know several attending tonight and are attending the Birmingham game either as half season ticket(bought for Christmas present) or just bought game ticket cos they available, but some people are back to work on boxing day as not everyone has it off

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You add an unnecessary surcharge

no surcharge tonight

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I dont mean it as a dig, apologies if it comes across like that in any way.

The campaign doesnt hit a nerve, I have been a season ticket holder since I was about 10 so I have no reason to feel personally offended. I just think its indicative of an unconstructive mindset that Waggott seems to have. The thing is a lot of people go along with it, football is a tribal sport and because they (like I do to be fair) see attending as an obligation and a priority, they cannot empathise with those who dont and thus cannot appreciate the very definition of a floating fan. The club can do one thing, be continiously asking how it can get people back/potential new fans to start attending, who may not see it as a priority, who may have limited funds, other things to do on Saturdays at the moment, whatever, and constantly try to improve. As it is, theres a strange "weve done all we can" mentality when there are so many areas of their pricing and marketing strategies that can be critiqued. Theres also a desperation to put the onus and blame onto the fans. A covering their back exercise, but ultimately you arent going to get people back into the ground who dont see attending as a priority by guilt tripping them.

I dont think Rovers ticket prices are any longer much lower than the average or representative of the catchment area. Something you touch on with your statistic about Lancashire being a poor area which I also saw. I have only been to 2 away games this season so far, I THINK (anyone correct me if ive misremembered) West Brom away was 20 quid and Preston 24 quid, the latter obviously being somewhat of a local derby, in comparison Birmingham tickets (far from a stand out game) start at £25.

The stadium is a platform for potential future success (even if the Blackburn End upper was closed for the immediate future and with no Rovers fans in the Darwen End) you have 20k of potential Rovers fans, say we went up and got the pricing bang on, thats not an unreasonable number to sometimes reach. The ground is IMO compared to many of our rivals a much nicer one, it has history attached and for me it would be impractical and unaffordable to move away or even restructure.

Agree with the surcharge, a random example is people who play amateur themselves, games called off on the day and its a higher price which is a further deterrent that doesnt need to be there. Dont disagree with offering deals for both games at all, they did the 3 game deal recently but it wasnt a success, it was only value compared to the scandalously high price they set Sheffield Wednesday tickets.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think it’s poor at all, we’ve only 8,500 ST holders, which means 8,000 or so will have bought match tickets, treble our usual number and Oxford aside comfortably the most match day sales for a near decade.

As I’ve said time and again, we didn’t sell enough season tickets last summer, which is why even with big match day ticket sales we won’t see 20,000.

I think we will with Preston and Leeds to come.

If we can stay around the playoff places are home gates will improve 

Away fans 7.6k

Means 12.4k home fans and you don't think we could reach that?

Been out all day. Just got home and now having to grab something to eat quickly and get to a Ewood. I've got a season ticket and I'm tempted to stop rushing around and watch it on Sky.

Been at a family function today and met only one person going tonight. About 5 or 6 others were going on Boxing Day. 

Cheap tickets for midweek Sky games are not a big draw. Do it for plum 3pm kick off games!!!

I said early season that Birmingham should have been £10. We would have 20000+ easily had that been a tenner. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I think we will with Preston and Leeds to come.

If we can stay around the playoff places are home gates will improve 

Away fans 7.6k

Means 12.4k home fans and you don't think we could reach that?

I meant tonight, always a chance we’ll hit 20,000+ with a full away end.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

18,726 on tonight. 

So there's the evidence. Cheap tickets and an extra 6000 on the home crowd. 

'We've done all we can' whilst 12,000 turn up.

So good to see the lower BBE full, Riverside quite well populated and JW almost full. Felt almost like a Premier League atmosphere again.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

So there's the evidence. Cheap tickets and an extra 6000 on the home crowd. 

'We've done all we can' whilst 12,000 turn up.

So good to see the lower BBE full, Riverside quite well populated and JW almost full. Felt almost like a Premier League atmosphere again.

We have to see how many people turn up Boxing Day. Know few people going to Birmingham game. As half ST holders or had tickets bought as Christmas presents. They have the buzz after the last few years of not being to go for different reasons

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We have to see how many people turn up Boxing Day. Know few people going to Birmingham game. As half ST holders or had tickets bought as Christmas presents. They have the buzz after the last few years of not being to go for different reasons

And then we go and screw it up again on the pitch....Yawn