BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

So there's the evidence. Cheap tickets and an extra 6000 on the home crowd. 

'We've done all we can' whilst 12,000 turn up.

So good to see the lower BBE full, Riverside quite well populated and JW almost full. Felt almost like a Premier League atmosphere again.

Did it?

I thought the atmosphere was dreadful apart from when it livened up a bit second half.

Classic stage fright from the team and sadly the walk ons will probably not be in a rush to walk on again in a hurry ?

All i saw was a team tactically out thought and out fought again which will have left the more casual attenders and viewers thinking 'Nowts changed' 

The fans did their bit last night the team and manager didn't but there's a very good opportunity to put it right on Boxing day.  Although that gate will probably be down to about 15k ish now.

There’s all the evidence we needed. 18,000 fans when it’s £10 a pop.

Shame the football on display will only have driven more fans away, rather than attracted people to come back again.

Nearly 19k but 3k+ Wigan fans on. I genuinely think that was poor. If it were £10 every week it would not be sustainable. In my opinion crowds would fall back to my 15k which we average over a season anyhow. As is often the case my seat was empty, watching on TV the atmosphere was subdued. I think the announced at attendance may be people through the turnstiles and the club alternate with what is declared. I think pricing based on £25 jw centre £20 outer jw £20 bburn end and £15 Riverside is the way to go. By my reckoning last nights attendance would have been knocking on for 15k even at normal price. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Shame the football on display will only have driven more fans away, rather than attracted people to come back again.

If Grahams header went in the roof would have lifted. A real good atmosphere was bubbling under the surface. 

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

And the only game on TV.

The confirmation will be how many pay three times that for the Birmingham game that is the only game not on TV! (You’d be mighty pissed off if you were a Big Club fan).

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And the only game on TV.

The confirmation will be how many pay three times that for the Birmingham game that is the only game not on TV! (You’d be mighty pissed off if you were a Big Club fan).

Boxing day is easier for some fans than other for various reasons but also half season tickets holders will kick in. 

33 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

Nearly 19k but 3k+ Wigan fans on. I genuinely think that was poor. If it were £10 every week it would not be sustainable. In my opinion crowds would fall back to my 15k which we average over a season anyhow. As is often the case my seat was empty, watching on TV the atmosphere was subdued. I think the announced at attendance may be people through the turnstiles and the club alternate with what is declared. I think pricing based on £25 jw centre £20 outer jw £20 bburn end and £15 Riverside is the way to go. By my reckoning last nights attendance would have been knocking on for 15k even at normal price. 

There were 16500 home tickets bought for last night, the most we’ve had for a Championship game since 2012. A night match on Sky to boot.

Considering we’ve 8,500/9,000 season ticket holders. That means 7,000 people bought a match ticket, these are figures we NEVER get close to getting, even in the Premier League days.

£20 in the Blackburn End, £25 in the Jack Walker wouldn’t have seen much of an increase on a normal game.

Of course crowds would fall back if you did it £10 every week, but last night was not ‘poor’ whichever way you slice it.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

There were 16500 home tickets bought for last night, the most we’ve had for a Championship game since 2012. A night match on Sky to boot.

Considering we’ve 8,500/9,000 season ticket holders. That means 7,000 people bought a match ticket, these are figures we NEVER get close to getting, even in the Premier League days.

£20 in the Blackburn End, £25 in the Jack Walker wouldn’t have seen much of an increase on a normal game.

Of course crowds would fall back if you did it £10 every week, but last night was not ‘poor’ whichever way you slice it.

Whilst I agree with your overall points Matty, I think you're exaggerating walk-up tickets by up to 1,000. I don't know the exact number of away fans but it must have been c3,500 - half of top tier plus a good few in the lower tier. We had just over 8,600 St sales in September so adding the 200+ half STs sold gets us close to 9,000 so probably nearer 6,000 walk-ons.

Still a good effort and I hope we can do it again in the New Year.

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not. Last night we discussed tickets, promotion and sales.

An idea we came up with similar to how easyJet et al sell plane tickets. Figures for example only

First 5,000 @ £10

Second 5,000 @ £15

Third 5,000 @ £20

The rest at full price

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

The announced attendance is tickets sold/handed out and corporates the club has said this many times. It isn't bodies through the turnstiles and bums on seats so it was still probably a thousand shy of the official figure.

Agree on the pricing, keep it simple.

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not. Last night we discussed tickets, promotion and sales.

An idea we came up with similar to how easyJet et al sell plane tickets. Figures for example only

First 5,000 @ £10

Second 5,000 @ £15

Third 5,000 @ £20

The rest at full price

And how would season tickets be priced?

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Whilst I agree with your overall points Matty, I think you're exaggerating walk-up tickets by up to 1,000. I don't know the exact number of away fans but it must have been c3,500 - half of top tier plus a good few in the lower tier. We had just over 8,600 St sales in September so adding the 200+ half STs sold gets us close to 9,000 so probably nearer 6,000 walk-ons.

Still a good effort and I hope we can do it again in the New Year.

Nowhere near 3,500. 1500 in the upper and about 7/800 in the lower. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

First 5,000 @ £10

Second 5,000 @ £15

Third 5,000 @ £20

The rest at full price

I think this could work as an alternative to occasional cheap games and packages. As Ossydave says it would make ST pricing complicated if it was introduced for every game.

I also think it would need to be in blocks of 1,000 or 2,000. We only managed 7,000 last night at £10. I assume we would need to offer some discount to away fans as well?

I think I'll add this to the next Forum agenda for the club's view.

• Like 1

2116 Wigan fans by the way, i'm surprised some saying 3.5k that was always way out there really didn't look that many.  Fact they were utterly needlessly split between two tiers probably gave the impression of more.

What a waste of money, now tell me again WHY they shut the DE lower to home fans.....

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

2116 Wigan fans by the way, i'm surprised some saying 3.5k that was always way out there really didn't look that many.  Fact they were utterly needlessly split between two tiers probably gave the impression of more.

What a waste of money, now tell me again WHY they shut the DE lower to home fans.....

Utter bonkers could have fit them all in that side of the lower tier look better on TV or fit them all upstairs I suppose club would say we have to open lower tier for the disabled support which is fair enough so if doing that put them all downstairs

• Like 1

Just now, Rogerb said:

Utter bonkers could have fit them all in that side of the lower tier look better on TV or fit them all upstairs I suppose club would say we have to open lower tier for the disabled support which is fair enough so if doing that put them all downstairs

Certainly doesn't fit with the 'saving money' model and it's not the first time either. 

44 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

And how would season tickets be priced?

My posted stated "tickets, promotion and sales." Sorry if I wasn't clear but the last few pages have been about the one-off promotion for the Wigan game.

It has no bearing on season tickets.

22 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think this could work as an alternative to occasional cheap games and packages. As Ossydave says it would make ST pricing complicated if it was introduced for every game.

I also think it would need to be in blocks of 1,000 or 2,000. We only managed 7,000 last night at £10. I assume we would need to offer some discount to away fans as well?

I think I'll add this to the next Forum agenda for the club's view.

Yes. I'm thinking of a promotional approach as per last night's £10 offer.

I see no reason to alter STs as these are already outstanding value.