BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

to be brutally honest,we are not going to get anymore through the turnstiles whil`st mowbray serves up the turgid football that has become his trademark,not to mention all the fans that won`t return under venkys regime,we`ll only get back to 20000 plus crowds when  venkys all die,disappear,sell and/or we get promoted,both unlikely to happen,for anyone brought up with attacking football,saturday afternoon at ewood or away is a bloody chore these days,absolutely nothing to get excited about

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

to be brutally honest,we are not going to get anymore through the turnstiles whil`st mowbray serves up the turgid football that has become his trademark,not to mention all the fans that won`t return under venkys regime,we`ll only get back to 20000 plus crowds when  venkys all die,disappear,sell and/or we get promoted,both unlikely to happen,for anyone brought up with attacking football,saturday afternoon at ewood or away is a bloody chore these days,absolutely nothing to get excited about

On the whole has the football been that turgid ?

Compared to say last season weve pressed higher up more, retained possession better with less long punts upfield. Played more attacking players.  I don't think weve been that bad to watch. 

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Compared to say last season weve pressed higher up more, retained possession better with less long punts upfield. Played more attacking players.  I don't think weve been that bad to watch. 

I think @Amo has completely given up by this point with how many times it has been used recently.

Languid?

• Like 3

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Personally I can count on one hand the number of home games that I've come off in the last 2-3 seasons thinking 'what a good performance' - Leeds, WBA, Hull last season, none this season. Obviously there have been plenty of occasions we've won games and that's the most important thing but I do think the quality of football over 90 minutes has been poor. Certainly worse than anything Bowyer or Lambert served up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Personally I can count on one hand the number of home games that I've come off in the last 2-3 seasons thinking 'what a good performance' - Leeds, WBA, Hull last season, none this season. Obviously there have been plenty of occasions we've won games and that's the most important thing but I do think the quality of football over 90 minutes has been poor. Certainly worse than anything Bowyer or Lambert served up. 

Brentford theres one at least

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Brentford theres one at least

Brentford was a very good win and a good performance insofar as we nullified them and kept a very good clean sheet. But I wouldn't describe it as a game where we played really good stuff and had people on the edge of seats creating plenty of chances. 

I loved the performance and win, don't get me wrong I'd take those every week, but I wouldn't say it was swashbuckling exciting football.

I looked back at some goals from this season and was actually surprised rewatching some of our attacking play. Big improvement this season.

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Certainly worse than anything Bowyer or Lambert served up

Impossible. 

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

the problem with mowbray is he was such a good defender as a player it hurt him badly if the opposition scored,he`s taken that into management,he can`t handle his side letting a goal in,thus we get containing and negative tactics most of the time,i still maintain the lads ignored his instructions when we turned sheff wed over!!,i don`t doubt he`s a decent fellow and a football man through and through but the club needs a new direction and fresh ideas

• Like 1

According to the sky bet championship average attendances for this season for home games we are 14041 with Leeds and West brom still to come. We are 300 higher than big city Preston despite them being in a play off place. How ever still likely to fall short of waggotts 15000 target. Figures likely to end up close to last year's average.

• Like 1

12,000 or so Home fans for Saturday games is the norm, last season was the same.

Be interesting to see if we maintain it next season (as we won’t be flogging any more season tickets) or if we fall back to the Coyle season in which we scraped five figures (total crowd) most weeks.

Its been 11k ish this season though in the home sections i think most of the exceptions have been when they've been doffing out to schools and freebies.

Core support without any bells and whistles seems to be closer to 11k than 12 this season so you'd assume it'll be closer to ten next season.

18 hours ago, Hasta said:

Not sure we'd be selling but it would be a lot healthier with local support returning plus the floating 'Premier League' fans. I know someone (Man U fan) from Pendle area who has 3 season tickets at Turf Moor because it's relatively cheap to take his family locally to watch Premier League football.

These are the 'floating' supporters that we have lost,and there are literally thousands of them in this area.Only promotion will bring them back and its a similar trait at all the local town team clubs...

Burnley's now near 20k average was only around 13,500 when they were promoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

These are the 'floating' supporters that we have lost,and there are literally thousands of them in this area.Only promotion will bring them back and its a similar trait at all the local town team clubs...

They only usually have around 17k home fans in the ground though. Not a million miles from us now and we have spent a decade in the doldrums whilst they are in their longest spell as a top flight club for half a century.

On a cold December day rovers played wolves and the attendance was 22k , now we were doing ok , we had the likes of samba nelsen Salgado pedersen mb Diouf .... now would that sort of thing be too much to ask ? That’s what was taken away from us , yet there are people here who would make do with half that being some sort of achievement. Have some pride in your club for goodness sake 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Brentford getting mocked for having multi coloured seats scattered around their new ground to make it look fuller, to be honest whilst it’s a bit ugly I can imagine that working well on tv at least 

On 11/02/2020 at 14:23, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We have lost more than the "floating" supporters. Off the top of my head, I can think of 8, who sat with us for years. And that is just me.

• Like 3

Super 6 ticket launched again. They never sell, but they keep on doing it. Though I suppose at £99 to £140 it’s a quarter season ticket, in reality, with prices extrapolating between £380 and £530 if a full season ticket.

Make West Brom a £10 on Easter Monday would be a much better idea, but there you go.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/introducing-the-super-six-ticket/

Edited by Mattyblue

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Super 6 ticket launched again. They never sell, but they keep on doing it. Though I suppose at £99 to £140 it’s a quarter season ticket, in reality, with prices extrapolating between £380 and £530 if a full season ticket.

Make West Brom a £10 on Easter Monday would be a much better idea, but there you go.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/introducing-the-super-six-ticket/

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 1