BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

If you have £100 you can spare, or say £250 for a family then yes, but I'd wager people who wanted to make a big outlay in one go are already season ticket/half season ticket holders.

Plus its quite possible that half of those games will be available on TV.

WBA on easter Monday for £10 a ticket is much more attractive to the floating fan, or fan who cant make that commitment to get to Ewood all the time. 

• Like 3

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

If you have £100 you can spare, or say £250 for a family then yes, but I'd wager people who wanted to make a big outlay in one go are already season ticket/half season ticket holders.

Plus its quite possible that half of those games will be available on TV.

WBA on easter Monday for £10 a ticket is much more attractive to the floating fan, or fan who cant make that commitment to get to Ewood all the time. 

And if our season is over by Easter Monday ?  and its Easter ..a lot of the floating fans (and season ticket holders come to think of it !) tend to do "things" at Easter.

This aint no "Oxford " game ..

Besides .I thought the idea was to try and entice people back on a regular basis..ie try and get them back in the groove  ..rather than just  a one off game .

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

And if our season is over by Easter Monday ?  and its Easter ..a lot of the floating fans (and season ticket holders come to think of it !) tend to do "things" at Easter.

This aint no "Oxford " game ..

Besides .I thought the idea was to try and entice people back on a regular basis..ie try and get them back in the groove  ..rather than just  a one off game .

Well we'll see.

History proves £10 games have an impact on attendances, and history also proves that these 8/6/4 game bundles have no impact at all.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

£99 quid for an Adults in the Blackburn End ..£16-50 a ticket ….cant argue with that ...surely …??  £55 18-25 yrs !    £30 12-17 yrs  and £22 0-11 yrs !... beats a one off game for a tenner in my eyes 

I’m not arguing with it. It’s a quarter season ticket, so if folk want one then great.

But these never sell more than a couple of hundred as the fans that want to commit to multiple games usually have by now with a full or half ST. 

That leaves your floating fan, they just won’t fork out £99-£150 for a half dozen matches, they pick a game when they fancy. So for them making a game cheap in the run in for an attractive game is more likely to get them in and gives Ewood a bit of an occasion feel for once which is a positive all round.

Different folk make up a fanbase, they aren’t all fanatics like me and thee that will turn up week after week, got to entice both.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well we'll see.

History proves £10 games have an impact on attendances, and history also proves that these 8/6/4 game bundles have no impact at all.

But history also proves that a one off game at £10 makes no impact on future attendances.

Edited by HowieFive0

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So? It was still great to see the ground much fuller than it would’ve been otherwise for the Wigan game.

Why are Charlton bothering tomorrow?

Yes a one off game Matty but isn't the idea to get fans back on a regular basis ? 

Why don't we give Leeds the whole Darwen end and Riverside for a fiver if you want to see the ground  fuller Matty ? More chance of them doing it than Rovers fans !

The one off Oxford game (a celebration) didn't  get thousands back on board the following season. 

Got to get people back on a regular basis not some one off game. Get the bug ..not a one off piss up and forgotten in a haze.

7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yes a one off game Matty but isn't the idea to get fans back on a regular basis ? 

Why don't we give Leeds the whole Darwen end and Riverside for a fiver if you want to see the ground  fuller Matty ? More chance of them doing it than Rovers fans !

The one off Oxford game (a celebration) didn't  get thousands back on board the following season. 

Got to get people back on a regular basis not some one off game. Get the bug ..not a one off piss up and forgotten in a haze.

I want the ground fuller with Rovers fans, so a bit of a daft comment.

Increase ST sales (full ST), increase crowds, end of. Our crowds have always been ST heavy. Our average crowd waxes and wanes with how many STs get sold each summer.

Nothing will particularly change whilst we are second division mid table. The only solution is slash prices on the back of a promising season/summer of transfers, so riding the wave of a bit of momentum and goodwill or be challenging for/get promoted.

£350-£500 STs. £100-£140 6 game bundles for a side treading water in the EFL year in year out just won’t pull folk in, though the club are perfectly free to offer a quarter ST and must see some value in it. But if a £10 game creates a bit of atmosphere and fills some seats for once, what’s the problem?

Edited by Mattyblue

I want the ground fuller with Rovers fans, so a bit of a daft comment.

Increase ST sales (full ST), increase crowds, end of. Our crowds have always been ST heavy. Our average crowd waxes and wanes with how many STs get sold each summer.

Nothing will particularly change whilst we are second division mid table. The only solution is slash prices on the back of a promising season/summer of transfers, so riding the wave of a bit of momentum and goodwill or be challenging for/get promoted.

£350-£500 STs. £100-£140 6 game bundles for a side treading water in the EFL year in year out just won’t pull folk in. But if a £10 game creates a bit of atmosphere and fills some seats for once, what’s the problem?

Its not a problem ..but its as you say a one off game ..again that's if we ve not gone and lost three on the bounce and people don't have better things to do or are away at Easter ...or God forbid Sky make it an evening KO because WBA are flying .

Personally ..my own view ..is that reducing six games to 16 quid (and fucking hopefully wining a few !) gets those that buy in to at least get the bug and consider (as you rightly say ) a  reasonably priced season ticket next season.

BTW Matty im seriously not falling out with you over this ..I do see the benefits of a ten quid game but I just think its a short term solution 

Fall out? Just chewing the fat, no?

In theory a 6 game bundle would do as you say, but the FF minutes show they only ever sell in minuscule numbers, probably because those inclined for paying decent money up front already have.

Only time they may sell well would be if we were flying towards promotion.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Fall out? Just chewing the fat, no?

In theory a 6 game bundle would do as you say, but the FF minutes show they only ever sell in minuscule numbers, probably because those inclined for paying decent money up front already have.

Only time they may sell well would be if we were flying towards promotion.

Well the club has tried and have reduced prices in some way. How it works out who knows .

Imagine taking four non committal  footballing mates onto Ewood  v Oxford then inviting them back with 12000 on  ..they d be after doing you under the trade description act ! They d run a mile next invite! Its a fine line I know this.

It’s a mindset thing. £99 for 6 makes it £16.50 a game in the Blackburn End instead of £22-£25. (£25-£28 with the surcharge). So a no brainer, in theory.

But a lot of the kind of fans that buy on the day only ever buy game by game. They just fancy taking in a game some weeks. They wouldn’t dream of paying £100-£150 in one do for 6 matches, even if it makes financial sense.

Look at the fact Waggott has admitted the surcharge hasn’t really dented the amount of folk that just rock up with an hour til KO.

Edited by Mattyblue

It's obviously done on the back of them hoping for a good run in. If it's spectacular there'll be a few hundred takers, if not then probably barely a hundred. 

Waggot can go to his paymasters with the old 'we've tried everything' it's not us it's them line and has a bit of evidence to back it up. Nobody at Rovers will stand up and tell them really why the imagination isn't being caught and rock their own boat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a mindset thing. £99 for 6 makes it £16.50 a game in the Blackburn End instead of £22-£25. (£25-£28 with the surcharge). So a no brainer, in theory.

But a lot of the kind of fans that buy on the day only ever buy game by game. They just fancy taking in a game some weeks. They wouldn’t dream of paying £100-£150 in one do for 6 games, even if it makes financial sense.

Look at the fact Waggott has admitted the surcharge hasn’t really dented the amount of folk that just rock up with an hour til KO.

So basically we re at a flatline with Rovers fans . Wont go up much wont go down..without ridiculously cheap prices via season tickets or one off ticket games  which the club cant sustain.

Rock n a hard place.

ill say what ive always said ..you need to to get the kids.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Super 6 ticket launched again. They never sell, but they keep on doing it. Though I suppose at £99 to £140 it’s a quarter season ticket, in reality, with prices extrapolating between £380 and £530 if a full season ticket.

Make West Brom a £10 on Easter Monday would be a much better idea, but there you go.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/introducing-the-super-six-ticket/

with 6 home games left it makes prefect sense. Its a good offer. But I would like to see Rovers announce next season ticket prices by the WBA game and get them on sale aswell by then. 

Not everyone has Easter Monday off as I have had book the day off from Work to attend the game. 

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

So basically we re at a flatline with Rovers fans . Wont go up much wont go down..without ridiculously cheap prices via season tickets or one off ticket games  which the club cant sustain.

Rock n a hard place.

ill say what ive always said ..you need to to get the kids.

Don’t disagree Howie .

problem is this sentiment has been ingrained in people for a long time now . The constant bullshit, false promises , ludicrous statements from various people at the club , owners who can’t be arsed to attend etc etc season by season just get under the skin of fans and it has become a culture of increasing disenchantment for many regulars over the last few years . 
Price obviously helps but in my opinion it matters less and less because folk have simply lost interest and are losing the sense of belonging to the Club . 
I can feel it happening to me after decades of following my team all over the country so I can fully appreciate others feeling the same . 
Those in charge don’t get it because they don’t have any longevity with the club - Johnny come latelys . But the soul of the club is dying a slow death and it’s painful to watch it happening .

• Like 7

13 hours ago, TBTF said:

. But the soul of the club is dying a slow death and it’s painful to watch it happening .

Despite their wealth, this will continue while Venky's are here. Managers, players, CEOs come and go. The only people who really care are the fans.

While the club is in a 'reasonable' position in the league people will put up with the situation but what we really need is positive action to persuade the owners to sell up.

I know the arguments - Who would buy the club with the debt? we wouldn't get anyone better, Venky's pay the bills -  I know I know, but as TBTF says the club is dying a slow death - look at the demographic of supporters at Ewood - where's the next generation of supporters coming from ?  Action required!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Despite their wealth, this will continue while Venky's are here. Managers, players, CEOs come and go. The only people who really care are the fans.

While the club is in a 'reasonable' position in the league people will put up with the situation but what we really need is positive action to persuade the owners to sell up.

I know the arguments - Who would buy the club with the debt? we wouldn't get anyone better, Venky's pay the bills -  I know I know, but as TBTF says the club is dying a slow death - look at the demographic of supporters at Ewood - where's the next generation of supporters coming from ?  Action required!

The club needs owners with a better understanding of how a successful club would be run - no doubt - but what "positive action" to persuade Venkys to move on have you identified ? I can't think of any.

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The club needs owners with a better understanding of how a successful club would be run - no doubt - but what "positive action" to persuade Venkys to move on have you identified ? I can't think of any.

Everybody boycott the next supporters consultation meeting unless the owners send a creditable representative to listen to our concerns. Attempt to create some meaningful communiction. If they refuse then more fans will realise they just don't care.

• Like 1

If waggot had ewt about him, like some sense maybe, then hed look at us now, realise the squads at bare bones, but still within contention, maybe think "these lads could do with a big backing" and make the next two home games £22 for both, and make it a 'buy one get one free, you are rovers, we need you'. 

Edited by AAK

Tickets are already on sale for the next two, so won’t happen.

Make West Brom a tenner on Easter Monday. If we are still in contention we’ll sell shed loads, and as they are doing well they’ll probably fill the Darwen End instead of their usual 1500/2000.

Big crowd, big occasion.

(It won’t happen as Waggott will want £30 off a potential  2/3000 travelling support)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tickets are already on sale for the next two, so won’t happen.

Make West Brom a tenner on Easter Monday. If we are still in contention we’ll sell shed loads, and as they are doing well they’ll probably fill the Darwen End instead of their usual 1500/2000.

Big crowd, big occasion.

(It won’t happen as Waggott will want £30 off a potential  2/3000 travelling support)

I know mate. Exactly the issue, he doesnt forsee these opportunities.

Floating fans don’t ‘need’ to do anything.

The hardcore 12,000 are already there. The rest will come if they fancy it. 8th in the second division isn’t going to get that many more than usual forking out nearly £30 for a Jack Walker ticket or a mini season ticket (the Big 6).

Yes, that’s hard for fans like me and you to understand because we are passionate fans that wouldn’t dream of not being there, ‘floating fans’ are just that and don’t have the same motivation to be there every week.

Even in 2001 when we had a bigger core support than now, the club still offered two separate games for £5 in the promotion run in (Huddersfield and Sheff United).

• Like 5