BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Floating fans don’t ‘need’ to do anything.

The hardcore 12,000 are already there. The rest will come if they fancy it. 8th in the second division isn’t going to get that many more than usual forking out nearly £30 for a Jack Walker ticket or a mini season ticket (the Big 6).

If they fancy it? A good chance of playoffs. 

The 6 game offer is a good offer. 

5 out of 6 games are 3pm kick off time. A big plus for certain fans who play football Saturday morning don't have rush around to get a game. 

Waggott explained the process of ticket offers at Supporter consultation meeting. He has targets to meet in terms of revenue and offers have to be sign off. 

Yes if they fancy it. If they fancied it every week they’d have a season ticket. 

The Big 6 is a quarter season ticket and priced as such, so will sell in the hundreds, like half STs do. Floating fans don’t fork out £100-£150 in one go generally. They pick a game intermittently. But a few hundred is ok, better than nothing, but it won’t make much of a dent to those empty seats.

I would expect an offer of some sort in the run in, like the last game if there’s something riding on it. This would follow the precedent of Villa (£10 for the last home game) in the relegation season and Oxford. As it is those one off games that will see tickets sell in big numbers - which will provide the big crowd we need to help us potentially get over the line.

Edited by Mattyblue

I'd be interested to see how a fiver game went down at Ewood. 

Tbh I spoke to a lot of their fans yesterday and they were pretty negative about it, saying all the plastics came for that game.  It did start emptying second half and pretty much a sea of red by the end.

Regardless of that though, we need to tap into the plastics...   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'd be interested to see how a fiver game went down at Ewood. 

Tbh I spoke to a lot of their fans yesterday and they were pretty negative about it, saying all the plastics came for that game.  It did start emptying second half and pretty much a sea of red by the end.

Regardless of that though, we need to tap into the plastics...   

I think most are against it because they always lose when they do 5 quid games - they call it a bit of a curse. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Yes if they fancy it. If they fancied it every week they’d have a season ticket. 

The Big 6 is a quarter season ticket and priced as such, so will sell in the hundreds, like half STs do. Floating fans don’t fork out £100-£150 in one go generally. But a few hundred is ok, better than nothing, but it won’t make much of a dent to those empty seats.

I would expect an offer of some sort in the run in, like Villa (£10 for the last home game) in the relegation season.

Most people don't have 100 pounds but I'm not sure if you set direct debit up to pay 2 or 3 months. I don't know. 

Maybe last game against Reading 

Another thing which doesn’t help RE: people arriving early is the bloody music.

Its a small thing but I’ve stopped going into the stadium earlier (and potentially buying more food and drink) because for the last four years it’s been the same playlist in the build up to the game.

Its genuinely depressing listening to the same stuff sometimes twice a week, every other week. Small thing but it’s something which could help slightly and wouldn’t cost much at all to implement...

**My 2p is that the Big 6 ticket is a good idea. 

All part of a stripped back operation, I’m afraid.

Up to about 2016 we had a radio station and an in house TV station. So pre-game there was a variety to what you saw/heard (though Radio Rovers did decline in quality over the years).

Now you have Neil Yardley on the pitch reading the teams out, then he’s charging up to the gantry for the first half ifollow commentary, then he’s on the pitch at half time doing the half time raffles, then he’s back to the gantry for the second half.

Add it to a shut town centre club shop, a shut Blues Bar, a filthy ground, crap disabled facilities, shoddy programme, piss poor catering that can’t even compare to Accy Stanley’s offering and all the rest of it. It’s a skeleton operation, but remember, they ‘never refuse to sign a cheque’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

A decade ago we had a radio station and an in house TV station. So pre-game there was a variety to what you saw/heard (though Radio Rovers did decline in quality over the years).

Now you have Neil Yardley on the pitch reading the teams out, then he’s charging up to the gantry for the first half ifollow commentary, then he’s on the pitch at half time doing the half time raffles, then he’s back to the gantry for the second half.

Add it to a shut town centre club shop, a shut Blues Bar, a filthy ground, and all the rest of it. It’s a skeleton operation, but remember they never ‘refuse to sign a cheque’.

We’re a championship team, how on earth can we justify an in-house TV station? Do you want our debt to increase even higher? Would you seriously have kept those things running if you were in charge? Be reasonable.

• Like 1

I’m being generous calling it a ‘TV station’. It was on the big screen and concourse teles for a couple of hours. It cost feck all. It wasn’t MUTV!

It was a few videos/interviews from the week and highlights from the game.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A decade ago we had a radio station and an in house TV station. So pre-game there was a variety to what you saw/heard (though Radio Rovers did decline in quality over the years).

Add it to a shut town centre club shop, a shut Blues Bar, a filthy ground, crap disabled facilities, piss poor catering that can’t even compare to Accy Stanley’s offering and all the rest of it. It’s a skeleton operation, but remember, they ‘never refuse to sign a cheque’.

That bottom paragraph is a classic. It’s the one sentence that drives me insane. No business owner should ever get credit for not refusing to sign a cheque, it’s their responsibility. They are putting a service on for us and it should be worthy of the entry fee. 

Currently it isn’t. So all of this not refusing to sign off cheques is shite - you can fix the ground, get decent pies in and put on a decent show without worrying about FFP. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We’re a championship team, how on earth can we justify an in-house TV station? Do you want our debt to increase even higher? Would you seriously have kept those things running if you were in charge? Be reasonable.

Like the debt was spiralling out of control because of the tv station that was already there being run mostly by people who are still there.

Don't talk so much pap.

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Nearly every team in this division seems to have one. Especially teams in the PL2, almost every youth side we face has live streaming of the youth games on YouTube under a "Rovers TV" banner.

There seems to be an attitude around the place that increasing crowds is simply a question of price and that by putting a few offers on from time to time the club has done all it possibly can.

There's another aspect to it all. You have to encourage people to come and come back. Make it cheaper or easier to get to Ewood and get away afterwards. Put buses on to areas where large portions of our support live like Preston do. Charlton have club run buses all over Kent and Sussex where many of their fans live. We do nothing.

Inside the ground - make Ewood a better place to be. Improve the atmosphere by developing a singing section. Generate more of an atmosphere by using music and the big screen better. The atmosphere is so flat and dull it is untrue. Go to Bristol City they have a carnival like range of stalls, bars, music etc. around their ground pre and post match with all sorts for families and kids. People who come for a one off match are unlikely to go home with pulses racing either with the football served or the Ewood experience.

Unfortunately the way of it seems to be bare minimum expense which directly equates to bare minimum effort, because all the above require imagination or expense to get up and running.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

West Brom have put there season tickets for next season on sale today.

I thought that was impossible when you don’t know what division you’ll be playing in.

I’d be hugely surprised if Waggott has ours on sale before the end of the season.

• Like 2

As have Huddersfield.... and most of the league will have done by March/April.

How odd all the other clubs see it as a priority to get them on sale as early as possible each year, but the usual suspects on here have told me that ‘it makes no difference’ and getting them on sale in the close season is fine.

• Like 3

On 16/02/2020 at 16:56, JHRover said:

There seems to be an attitude around the place that increasing crowds is simply a question of price and that by putting a few offers on from time to time the club has done all it possibly can.

There's another aspect to it all. You have to encourage people to come and come back. Make it cheaper or easier to get to Ewood and get away afterwards. Put buses on to areas where large portions of our support live like Preston do. Charlton have club run buses all over Kent and Sussex where many of their fans live. We do nothing.

Inside the ground - make Ewood a better place to be. Improve the atmosphere by developing a singing section. Generate more of an atmosphere by using music and the big screen better. The atmosphere is so flat and dull it is untrue. Go to Bristol City they have a carnival like range of stalls, bars, music etc. around their ground pre and post match with all sorts for families and kids. People who come for a one off match are unlikely to go home with pulses racing either with the football served or the Ewood experience.

Unfortunately the way of it seems to be bare minimum expense which directly equates to bare minimum effort, because all the above require imagination or expense to get up and running.

I entirely agree with your suggestions, Waggot seriously needs to improve the matchday experience at Ewood.

I remember getting to Ewood always before 2 p.m now I'll arrive at 2.55.

What do fans suggest when they have the opportunity to ask Waggot on fans forums etc?

Irrespective of what happens between now and the rest of the season, Waggot seriously needs some positive ideas to address this.

Waggot Tax?

Away fans top tier?

Catering on concourse?

Better matchday experience/atmosphere!

Edited by damo100