BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

He obviously doesn’t pay much attention to ‘The Data’ he puts so much stock into , as it would have told him the previous Big 6 offers have done very little. It’s a quarter season ticket that floating fans largely have little interest in.

Not knocking it, worth doing, especially with a bit of momentum behind us (watch us get spanked at Brentford) because 500 purchasers are better than zero, but it will make little difference to the empty seats.

I personally would have started it for Swansea as a ‘Final Five’ as the fact Stoke is a night match will put folk off.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He obviously doesn’t pay much attention to ‘The Data’ he puts so much stock into , as it would have told him the previous Big 6 offers have done very little. It’s a quarter season ticket that floating fans largely have little interest in.

Not knocking it, worth doing, especially with a bit of momentum behind us (watch us get spanked at Brentford) because 500 purchasers are better than zero, but it will make little difference to the empty seats.

I personally would have started it for Swansea as a ‘Final Five’ as the fact Stoke is a night match will put folk off.

It's a great price and 5 good games on offer. Its 16.50 pounds per game. Even cheaper if you are 18-25 50 pounds. Yes 8.33 pounds per game. Great value for money. What more do people want? 

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We all know what puts bums on seats. Charlton proved it last week.

This isn’t about increasing attendance, let alone growing the fanbase, it’s about trying to maximise revenue from existing fans.

3EC8DA99-570F-4FAC-BA21-EB9AF9EB3D14.thumb.jpeg.6b243c196edd9d806aeecddf737384af.jpeg

Surely it’s both? Do you propose slashing prices to £5 a game on a regular basis? At some stage, the club has to consider making a profit. Would you prefer dirt cheap season/match day tickets and an additional 3/4K fans per week but the club slides into even greater debt? 

It’s a very difficult balance to strike. The truth of it is that, in football terms, our tickets are cheap in comparison to other clubs. We struggle because Blackburn is not an affluent area and there are a number of league clubs within a 20 mile radius. I don’t know what the solution is but I’m not pretending that the simple answer is to keep making the tickets cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Surely it’s both? Do you propose slashing prices to £5 a game on a regular basis? At some stage, the club has to consider making a profit. Would you prefer dirt cheap season/match day tickets and an additional 3/4K fans per week but the club slides into even greater debt? 

It’s a very difficult balance to strike. The truth of it is that, in football terms, our tickets are cheap in comparison to other clubs. We struggle because Blackburn is not an affluent area and there are a number of league clubs within a 20 mile radius. I don’t know what the solution is but I’m not pretending that the simple answer is to keep making the tickets cheaper. 

Why do you keep saying we have cheaper tickets than our competitors when you have been constantly told that it is no longer the case? 2008 to around 2014, definitely. Not anymore.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's a great price and 5 good games on offer. Its 16.50 pounds per game. Even cheaper if you are 18-25 50 pounds. Yes 8.33 pounds per game. Great value for money. What more do people want? 

It’s a quarter ST and the same price pro rata as half and full STs. So why don’t we sell shed load more of those if it’s such great value?

We see it as great value because we make time to go every week. It’s one of our priorities in life. But as always chaddy you don’t seem to grasp that there are loads of other fans not like you, for floating fans it isn’t their priority, so they pick and choose a game every now and then - so stumping up £100/£149 for 6 matches in one go won’t attract them. It’s not how they consume football.

So as always in a run in you need a mixture of bundles and an odd £10 game (which I think they will offer, by the way, for Reading, as we have in previous seasons for the final home game).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why do you keep saying we have cheaper tickets than our competitors when you have been constantly told that is no longer the case?

Well in some cases it tho? 

We are cheaper than Preston North End. Rovers and singles have similar prices on tickets. Stanley are cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a quarter ST and the same price pro rata as half and full STs. So why don’t we sell shed load more of those if it’s such great value?

We see it as great value because we make time to go every week. It’s one of our priorities in life. But as always chaddy you don’t seem to grasp that there are loads of other fans not like you, for floating fans it isn’t their priority, so they pick and choose a game every now and then - so stumping up £100/£149 for 6 matches in one go won’t attract them. It’s not how they consume football.

So as always in a run in you need a mixture of bundles and an odd £10 game (which I think they will offer, by the way, for Reading, as we have in previous seasons for the final home game).

It is great Value. Rovers within distance of the playoffs. Team in great form and playing well. 16.50 pounds per game. What more does the floating fans want? 

If you are attend Leeds game which is 40 pounds plus and West Brom which is roughly 30 pounds. So cost will be 70 pounds plus depending where you sit in ground. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Chaddy you are still missing the overall point with this.

Yes, if you were going to each game separately then of course its great value, but I can't imagine there is many out there that go to every home game on a match by match basis, these would already be season ticket holders by now I'm sure.

The Leeds and WBA games could easily be moved for TV yet, and that would make half of the games available on TV. The value then will suddenly diminish.

If people wanted to pay a big outlay in one go, then they would already be half or full season ticket holders.

I remember us doing something in 08/09 towards the end of the season, we opened up the whole Darwen End lower to home fans and made it £30 for three games, I think the fixtures were Wigan, Portsmouth and WBA.

They are the sort of offers needed to make any kind off impact on attendances, along with a £10 game thrown in now and then.

£250 for a family of four for six games? People are just not going to pay it.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is great Value. Rovers within distance of the playoffs. Team in great form and playing well. 16.50 pounds per game. What more does the floating fans want? 

If you are attend Leeds game which is 40 pounds plus and West Brom which is roughly 30 pounds. So cost will be 70 pounds plus depending where you sit in ground. 

WE know it’s great value. A season ticket is great value, it will save them hundreds of pounds over a season, so why then is there always a big queue at the ticket office at half 2 for match ticket purchasers and collectors? Are they all stupid? Or rich?

No, it’s because they are a ‘floating’ fan, the clue is in the name. They float in to Ewood every now and then and if it costs them £25-£30 for the privilege, they’ll take that instead of tying themselves into a season ticket/Big 6 because they aren’t as committed as me and thee to be there every other week and on a load of midweek nights.

Chaddy in not understanding other people’s lifestyles shocker.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

, so why then is there always a big queue at the ticket office at half 2 for match ticket purchasers and collectors? 

Cos most people buy before the day of the game I would guess. Tbh I am in the ground around 2pm on Saturday game so I don't see

load of midweek nights.

They has been 6 midweek home game. 1 moved for TV Coverage but Rovers offered cheaper tickets. 1 for FA cup game. 3 midweek games already played. 1 game to go. 

No, it’s because they are a ‘floating’ fan, the clue is in the name. They float in to Ewood every now and then and if it costs them £25-£30 for the privilege, they’ll take that instead of tying themselves into a season ticket/Big 6 because they aren’t as ccommitted 

Rovers close to playoffs now. Playing well and great form. Time to commit for 6 games. It's only 6 games. 

Wonder how many of these floating fans would go to Wembley if we got to the playoff final? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

I suppose I must be a floating fan these days as a lapsed season ticket holder but 1875 member. Don't attend midweek night matches these days and tend to just do 3pm Saturday games. I look at this offer and think Stoke mid week won't be going to that. Leeds and west brom times could be changed for TV. Reading could all be over by then with no chance of play offs however if Reading was 10 pound then would attend even if a meaningless match.

• Like 1

Proof will be in the pudding. It will put hundreds on the crowds, not thousands which is what we need.

Waggott, Chaddy and everyone else can say it's a great offer and the fans are to blame for not buying, but the fact is we are treading over well worn ground here.

Every season they come with stuff like this and it makes minimal difference.

Need to do better and think outside the box.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They has been 6 midweek home game. 1 moved for TV Coverage but Rovers offered cheaper tickets. 1 for FA cup game. 3 midweek games already played. Won everyone btw. 1 game to go. 

Wigan and Forest were both night games, we drew with Wigan 0-0 and drew with Forest 1-1, so we didn't win them all,

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers close to playoffs now. Playing well and great form. Time to commit for 6 games. It's only 6 games. 

Wonder how many of these floating fans would go to Wembley if we got to the playoff final? 

Well that's a ridiculous question, of course everyone would want to go to Wembley, it would be a special occasion.

Are you saying that the people who pick and choose there games and don't take up a £100 six game bundle shouldn't be at Wembley if we got there?

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well that's a ridiculous question, of course everyone would want to go to Wembley, it would be a special occasion.

Are you saying that the people who pick and choose there games and don't take up a £100 six game bundle shouldn't be at Wembley if we got there?

I'm asking fans to show some commitment to the clubs to help their team get to the playoffs. Its 6 games. Then cheer them on in playoffs.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm asking fans to show some commitment to the clubs to help their team get to the playoffs. Its 6 games. Then cheer them on in playoffs.  

You are asking people to show commitment who have already turned down showing commitment twice this season - and ignoring the fact at least 2 of the 6 games are on TV.  They aren't committed so are not going to tie themselves down for 6 dates between now and May. I've got a season ticket and I will miss at least 1 and possibly 2 of those games.

You are failing to understand that Wembley (and Oxford) are one off occasions, and they will obviously bring out a different set of floating fans.

Cheap tickets boosts attendances for individual games. These are good to get 'new' or 'lost' attendees to the matches but don't seem to retain fans (not helped by the fact we often don't perform when we get a decent crowd)

For more substantial gains it needs an idea like this one , to be implemented as it would hopefully slow the non-renewals of season tickets and keep the people who do tend games now and again coming more often. The club could be safe or ultra aggressive depending how they priced this.

Ongoing success on the pitch will help but that will be a slow process. Promotion would obviously bring fans back, but the genuine belief that we 'could' get promoted would also help. We may be excited on here about where we would be if we won on Saturday, but in the pub on Tuesday night people who I would class as 'very floating fans' (people who I know have been to Ewood in years gone by sporadically but not any more) don't feel that we have a chance of the play offs like we do. It would take us to actually get into the play offs to have an effect. If we are in the top 6 come the Reading game watch what happens to that crowd even without any promos.

Back to the original point, the Super 6 is decent value, and the £35k or so it generates is still extra revenue, but in terms of numbers we wont see ay major difference and Waggot will then claim its disappointing.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos most people buy before the day of the game I would guess. Tbh I am in the ground around 2pm on Saturday game so I don't see

They has been 6 midweek home game. 1 moved for TV Coverage but Rovers offered cheaper tickets. 1 for FA cup game. 3 midweek games already played. 1 game to go. 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/empathy

• Like 5

A trick was missed after promotion and what we see now is a bit of collateral damage from that. 'Strike whilst the iron is hot' and 'Make hay whilst the sun shines'  are old saying for a good reason.

The only real way to increase crowds and sustain it in the present situation is, as has been said a dozen times on here, season tickets !

Finish the season strongly, make a statement of intent for next season, quit the shoulder shrugging and false bravado and deliver a couple of bold signings. Try to keep what we have but don't go over old ground with tried and tested plodders and new contracts, get rid and put the money to better use. If there is an inevitable big sale leave it at that, re-invest as much as possible....

Then, the big one, make a real bold effort on cheap ST's, start pitching them before the end of this season if possible. Bite the bullet and aim to get 2 or 3 thousand back into the fold.  When you get them back you can work on keeping them instead of futile attempts through the season to lure people back to what's mostly been a midtable grind.