BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

• 2 weeks later...

That’s what I said they should’ve done.

Doing a Big 6 starting with a February night match available on the red button was a daft idea... and I imagine they sold a handful.

But this won’t sell either, as bundles just don’t, but they carry on regardless.

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s what I said they should’ve done.

Doing a Big 6 starting with a February night match available on the red button was a daft idea... and I imagine they sold a handful.

But this won’t sell either, as bundles just don’t, but they carry on regardless.

If this is the case and sales are not good. We should ask why ? We have had a decent season. In with a shout of the playoffs. 

I agree these deals don’t sell well. But neither do 5/10 tickets, even tickets given to schools seem to be a slog. 

We have a large fan base but let’s face it, it’s fairly poor and not engaged with the club. Which is not the clubs fault. 230k twitter followers for example who are they ? Why do some fans only go away? 

The match day atmosphere will be instantly improved simply and only by more people being present. Many under used/under valued things are done by the club, but what do fans expect from going to a football match, surely the main event is the game itself.  

£10 tickets do sell well.

Put Oxford to one side, Wigan was our biggest ever home turn out in the Championship since 2012. And that was a night match on Sky.

Bundles don’t work because the kind of fans that want to sign up to multi games tickets (I.e ST/half ST) already have.

Yes the floating fan would be making savings as it’s a good deal aping ST prices, but they aren’t in the habit of buying multi match bundles, just a game when they fancy. Though this may sell better as the prices are psychologically more palatable at £69 then £100+ and (currently) no night matches. But it’s still £100 in the JW Upper. Let’s hope for a win on Sunday if there’s any hope for flogging a few!

Should have just made it £15-£20 anywhere for West Brom on Easter Monday and a tenner for Reading and left it as that.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bundles don’t work because the kind of fans that want to sign up to multi games tickets (I.e ST/half ST) already have

I think this is the biggest problem lost on the club. 

Like like you the vast majority who are committed fans have season tickets / half season tickets.  Fans won’t shell out large amounts in one go and commit if they arnt already committed fans. 

I would love to get a season ticket but can’t as I don’t know when I can make a game with work and child commitments I.e  if my child is coming with me or not until , only get my rota two weeks at a time plus other issues that can arise so whilst it is a good deal in theory the people like me who it would be aimed at simply can’t commit to bundle deals no matter how good the deal is. Lower the price of a ticket for a game or two and you will get far better success rates than these bundle deals instead we get the waggot tax . 

• Like 3

People still have to shell out 70 quid at once. Why does that seem to waft over some heads on here ?

Lose the next couple and it could be dead rubber time. That's why these things will always only have limited appeal.

Fair play to them for trying it though and I'm sure it's more designed to get a few hundred extra in rather than thousands. They aren't that stupid surely.

You It’s not a bad deal and fair play for trying something . If it gets a few extra than it’s better than nothing . I just think your more likely to get people coming on a one off game at a tenner. Then when they do come ala Wigan at least there will be a decent crowd and some atmosphere which would more likely entice them back. Unfortunately the Wigan game on a winter night was awful. Four games of small crowds playing for nothing in an empty library won’t entice people to commit for a season especially after games like stoke the other day.  If you can get one decent game for a tenner and hopefully the players put a performance in with 16000 plus and some atmosphere more people will come back. It’s the buzz of football we’re all chasing . It’s easier to get hooked on the ten pound scenario if that makes any sense 

it’s one thing getting fans and another keeping them

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

The tenner deals are proven to work very well when there is something to play for or celebrate. They'd work well for big opposition, rivals, bank holiday games as well but the away fans coin is more important at Ewood.

Mid season, night games, tv games, bog standard opposition combined with boring football it only has limited appeal like these bundles.

That's the way it is.

• Like 2

People need to stop saying ‘well it’s a good deal and the part timers should just get behind the lads’.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, and if no bugger buys these bundles, it obviously ain’t good value for our customer base.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

. Though this may sell better as the prices are psychologically more palatable at £69 then £100+ and (currently) no night matches. 

Famous last words. Leeds now Friday night on Sky...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18279643.rovers-game-leeds-united-moved-sky-sports-coverage/

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sound. I can’t go now, as I’m at a do, that was arranged ages ago. Thanks Sky!

Edited by K-Hod

I think it was a good offer from Rovers to be fair.

Now the most attractive fixture has been moved and the likelihood that the game versus WBA will do likewise, perhaps Rovers could further endorse the offer:

How about anyone taking up the 4 game offer would see the price of those 4 games deducted from a full price season ticket purchased for next season?

Darrenrover, it’s the same offer we’ve had 4 times this season with diminishing returns each time.

And now with half of them likely to be on TV, it will flop... again. 

Reduced prices for a couple of games in the run in is all we needed to do.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Darrenrover, it’s the same offer we’ve had 4 times this season with diminishing returns each time.

And now with half of them likely to be on TV, it will flop... again. 

Reduced prices for a couple of games in the run in is all we needed to do.

Yeh I know but being the final 4 home games of the season, I thought an offer of the price being deducted from a season ticket next season would be doubly beneficial. You could even offer something similar based on any purchases in the last 4 games. 

I worry that season ticket sales will tank this close season, considering we're 3 points off a play off spot, the actual attendances in the last few home games have been dire. I suspect sub 8,000 in the past couple.