BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But still would be on Easter Monday

But if it’s on tv that’s the two plum ties out of the 4 game offer on sky, much less attractive package for those that have sky 

• Like 1

A move of the Leeds game was always on the cards. Anyone seriously pinning their expectations on that one being a 3pm Saturday game must not follow life in this division very closely.

Leeds going for promotion? As if Sky were going to miss that one.

Sort of makes a mockery of the nonsense claim from Rovers/police that the game has to be a lunchtime kick off. On the cusp of promotion there will be thousands of Loiners coming over with a day on the beer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

£10 tickets do sell well.

Put Oxford to one side, Wigan was our biggest ever home turn out in the Championship since 2012. And that was a night match on Sky.

Bundles don’t work because the kind of fans that want to sign up to multi games tickets (I.e ST/half ST) already have.

Yes the floating fan would be making savings as it’s a good deal aping ST prices, but they aren’t in the habit of buying multi match bundles, just a game when they fancy. Though this may sell better as the prices are psychologically more palatable at £69 then £100+ and (currently) no night matches. But it’s still £100 in the JW Upper. Let’s hope for a win on Sunday if there’s any hope for flogging a few!

Should have just made it £15-£20 anywhere for West Brom on Easter Monday and a tenner for Reading and left it as that.

You’d think someone whose job it was to think of these things would have thought of these things.

One has to conclude that the policy is lower volumes, higher prices. Making £17 from one person buying in bulk is better than £20 from two people buying as a one off.

I guess we just don’t have the room to accommodate everyone so have to have these disincentives - a bit like the ‘last-minute-tax’ to avoid huge crowds at the ticket office and concourse. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Bit of a blow that the Leeds game has moved to the Friday, I always knew it would move but thought it would probably be to the Saturday/Sunday lunchtime.

I expect the WBA game to be on Sky as well, but noticed that Sky already have a premier league game on the Monday night at 8pm, so I can't see them moving to that time as they would obviously clash.

So Probably 12:30 or 5:30, or with it being on a Monday it could stay at 3pm and be shown live like our game with Newcastle was on the January bank holiday in 2017.

The absolute kick in the balls would be if they decided to move it to the Tuesday night for TV coverage, which they could very well do.

Edited by MarkBRFC

At the end of the day, if there was sufficient belief amongst our fan base that Rovers were really going for it and had done in the past two home games but were really unfortunate to only draw both, there would be no need for offers and there would be 15k plus on and rising towards the end of the season, dependant on how the games panned out.

There isn't that belief imo and therein lies the problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

At the end of the day, if there was sufficient belief amongst our fan base that Rovers were really going for it and had done in the past two home games but were really unfortunate to only draw both, there would be no need for offers and there would be 15k plus on and rising towards the end of the season, dependant on how the games panned out.

There isn't that belief imo and therein lies the problem.

Exactly what i was going to mention, when there is real be;lief in the team a couple of thousand extra pitch up towards the end of the season, always have. There's no real belief because this side is so up and down and the disjointed nature of it only adds to that in peoples minds with a lot probably just expecting safety first football.

Where there should be a bit of a buzz and belief there is nervous hope. Continuing good results could alter that though but the live tv will probably take the edge off it in terms of numbers.

It was our highest home fans turnout in the Championship in 8 years. For a Sky night game.

It was a good crowd. You make West Brom on Easter Monday the same and you would see a 20,000+ gate.

Of course it’s viable.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bit like when we were expecting a bumper Good Friday gate against Peterborough in promotion season... so Sky moved it to a Thursday night :glare:

Yes exactly, think it was Bradford though as I remember looking at the fixtures thinking that could be a really good gate as it was a bank holiday and they were the only side in the division that could have potentially shifted a good few thousand away tickets.

11 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

The Wigan attendance should have been much higher with £10. Please remember Wigan sold 2k? Cheap ticketets the uptake has to be better to make it viable. 

How many do you actually expect for a game like that taking place a few days before Christmas on a freezing Monday night, live on tv for what was nothing more than a mid table second tier game ?

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It was our highest home fans turnout in the Championship in 8 years. For a Sky night game.

It was a good crowd. You make West Brom on Easter Monday the same and you would see a 20,000+ gate.

Of course it’s viable.

Whilst some get accused of unrealistic expectations in regards to the team the same can be said in regards to crowds. Who do they think we are, it's Blackburn for gods sake. Just because Waggot and Mowbray have graced our club from the footballs scrapheap suddenly we should be flocking through the gates.

Aye, Rovers v Wigan - always been a big draw that one.

£17.25 per game is NOT a “bargain”.

However, Waggott‘s walk on price hikes make it look like it is. He would be delighted if it weren’t for the fact that the people who think they are such a good offer already have season tickets.

Unfortunately these deals don’t work.

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve noticed they’ve made Bristol City Cat A even though it’s down as a Cat B on the season list. 

I presume trying to manoeuvre folk towards the bundle.

DB3CB28F-0AB4-49A2-986C-188B91536955.png

What a set of AMATEUR crooks. They are presently advertising the same game at 2 different prices on the website

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

£17.25 per game is NOT a “bargain”.

However, Waggott‘s walk on price hikes make it look like it is. He would be delighted if it weren’t for the fact that the people who think they are such a good offer already have season tickets.

Unfortunately these deals don’t work.

Stuart, Rovers aren't the only club to put walk on price hikes. Brentford put a 5 pounds hike on the price for on the day walk ons. Derby have put a 2 pounds hike on. Do you have a comment for these clubs? 

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart, Rovers aren't the only club to put walk on price hikes. Brentford put a 5 pounds hike on the price for on the day walk ons. Derby have put a 2 pounds hike on. Do you have a comment for these clubs? 

Just because we do it and other people do it, doesn’t make it right. It’s just wrong.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve noticed they’ve made Bristol City Cat A even though it’s down as a Cat B on the season list. 

I presume trying to manoeuvre folk towards the bundle.

DB3CB28F-0AB4-49A2-986C-188B91536955.png

It’s just so cynical. Yet with away fans seating in an area without home fan equivalence we could make money from visitors but still try to get home fans in.

What we are setting now really couldn’t be classed as trying.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m a Rovers fan and I want to see Ewood as full as possible. What works for other clubs doesn’t necessarily work for us. As evidenced by the evidence.

So no.