BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

On 20/02/2020 at 08:57, chaddyrovers said:

It is great Value. Rovers within distance of the playoffs. Team in great form and playing well. 16.50 pounds per game. What more does the floating fans want? 

If you are attend Leeds game which is 40 pounds plus and West Brom which is roughly 30 pounds. So cost will be 70 pounds plus depending where you sit in ground. 

SphericalMenacingEider-size_restricted.g

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just because we do it and other people do it, doesn’t make it right. It’s just wrong.

I was simply pointing out that other clubs do it aswell as us. That's is all

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m a Rovers fan and I want to see Ewood as full as possible. What works for other clubs doesn’t necessarily work for us. As evidenced by the evidence.

So no.

I was pleased that fans at the Supporters consultation meeting told Waggott that the price hike does put fans off attendance. 

Was the on the day pay hike on ticket price in the last home game? or did Waggott get rid of it?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was simply pointing out that other clubs do it aswell as us. That's is all

I was pleased that fans at the Supporters consultation meeting told Waggott that the price hike does put fans off attendance. 

Was the on the day pay hike on ticket price in the last home game? or did Waggott get rid of it?

I’ve no idea but you can’t credit Waggott with getting rid of something that he should never have brought in in the first place.

It’s still in place.

So if Waggott’s stats say it isn’t encouraging people to buy earlier and they are still coming down to Ewood on the day to buy, it’s reason for introduction has failed, so I presume it will be scrapped next season?

Edited by Mattyblue

By the time we get to the Leeds and West brom games it is not beyond the realms of possibilities that these will be played behind closed doors as I see the government has now called a consultation meeting with all sport authority

Yep Italy has said all sport is banned or must be behind closed doors until at least 3rd April.

So if we are a couple of weeks behind making a similar decision... Leeds, Cardiff, West Brom games would be behind closed doors. 

Steve Waggott will not be liking that !

Bit risky to be buying a Final Four ticket if you may only see 1 match. I wonder if that's why they have put Bristol up to Cat A because they already fear losing the gate receipts from those 2 big games?

The short sightedness of the club really riles me.

We win today and we’ve every chance, so what does the club do? Makes the next three games Cat A or Cat A+ . So £30 -£45 for the Jack Walker (£33 to £48 on the day). Yep, nearly FIFTY POUNDS!

Bristol City has been advertised all season as Cat B, but has now been upgraded to Cat A too. Obviously done to make the Final Four bundle seem better value, which is canny or cynical, take your pick, but as we know plenty of floating fans aren’t interested in bundles, especially with two out of the 4 likely to be on Sky, and pick their games. They’ll take one look at those prices and watch it on Sky/dodgy stream.

There’s a great chance to ride some momentum here, which all helps the atmosphere and potential crowds for next season, but squandered so they can rake it in off away fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We win today and we’ve every chance, so what does the club do? Makes the next three games Cat A or Cat A+ . So £30 -£45 for the Jack Walker (£33 to £48 on the day). Yep, nearly FIFTY POUNDS!

Bristol City has been advertised all season as Cat B, but has now been upgraded to Cat A too. Obviously done to make the Final Four bundle seem better value, which is canny or cynical, take your pick, but as we know plenty of floating fans aren’t interested in bundles, especially with two out of the 4 likely to be on Sky, and pick their games. They’ll take one look at those prices and watch it on Sky/dodgy stream.

There’s a great chance to ride some momentum here, which all helps the atmosphere and potential crowds for next season, but squandered so they can rake it in off away fans.

Really ludicrous. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks a Championship game is worth, the key factor is can our fans pay?

Given that the town is one of the most socio-economically disadvantaged in the country, I'd say the response will be "can't pay, won't pay".

• Like 5

It’s not shortsightedness though, Matty. It’s sheer bloody-mindedness.

It’s simply designed to make the four game deal look like good value. Everything he does is all about the money. And it’s counterproductive because he still doesn’t understand Blackburn people. They won’t be forced into pretending something is value if they don’t have the money. Blackburn is one of the most deprived towns in the country yet this bloke cracks on as though it isn’t. Contemptible.

Meanwhile we have thousands upon thousands of empty seats when we should be pushing the team over the line. Leeds fans are grumbling but it will be like a home game in their promotion run in. Can they even get promoted at Ewood? We’ve been there before.

• Like 1

It does make it seem ‘good’ value, but if minuscule numbers of people buy it, it obviously wasn’t.

An average of £17 a game is good value for fans like us, after all we buy a ST as we expect to be at Ewood week after week and plan our lives around it. We expect that discount on match day prices and our seat as a trade off for us committing hundreds of pounds in advance to the club.

A floating fan doesn’t plan their life around the club, they ‘float’ in and out. They definitely won’t be spending £70 to £100 in advance for a 4 game package with maybe half of them on TV. Yet, the match day prices will put them off and they won’t bother at all!

The bundles never sell, yet we keep doing them year after year. The only reason being so they can price match tickets at £30 to £40 to fleece away supports, whilst saying ‘but you can get your bundle, you’ll save!’, either not realising (or caring) that the floating fan base in March aren’t interested in multi game packages or they’d have bought a full/half ST, so they just won’t come at all. 

‘But we try everything’. Nope you try the same things time and time again, knowing they don’t work, but they can point to bundles and say ‘look £17 Bundles and they still don’t bother, so we have to charge £40’ and the usual suspects lap it up, ‘yeah part time bastards, get behind the club’ They would if you met their buying habits!

• Like 5

It does make it seem ‘good’ value, but if minuscule numbers of people buy it, it obviously wasn’t.

An average of £17 a game is good value for fans like us, after all we buy a ST as we expect to be at Ewood week after week and plan our lives around it. We expect that discount on match day prices and our seat as a trade off for us committing hundreds of pounds in advance to the club.

A floating fan doesn’t plan their life around the club, they ‘float’ in and out. They definitely won’t be spending £70 to £100 in advance for a 4 game package with maybe half of them on TV. Yet, the match day prices will put them off and they won’t bother at all!

The bundles never sell, yet we keep doing them year after year. The only reason being so they can price match tickets at £30 to £40 to fleece away supports, whilst saying ‘but you can get your bundle, you’ll save!’, either not realising (or caring) that the floating fan base in March aren’t interested in multi game packages or they’d have bought a full/half ST, so they just won’t come at all. 

‘But we try everything’. Nope you try the same things time and time again, knowing they don’t work, but they can point to bundles and say ‘look £17 Bundles and they still don’t bother, so we have to charge £40’ and the usual suspects lap it up, ‘yeah part time bastards, get behind the club’ They would if you met their buying habits!

Exactly. And when this repetitive failure doesn’t work they blame the fans and talk about how committed Richie Smallwood or Corey Evans are - these fellas who get paid handsomely as reward for their ‘commitment’. We’ve been through two relegations and prices still went up.

All about short term cash, despite Venkys bankrolling the club. Blame FFP and at the same time chuck £12m at two of the same player. High prices and empty seats. So much contradiction.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some other championship teams do the same thing like Derby or Brentford. 

You keep saying this Chaddy, but there is no justification for it, whoever does it. It’s plain wrong and rips off our supporters.

I have noticed a few things people have had gripes about on here attempted to Be addressed however when the do they still seem to get it so wrong.

its like they are listening and trying on some issues but continually misunderstanding the points and making a balls up of it 

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You keep saying this Chaddy, but there is no justification for it, whoever does it. It’s plain wrong and rips off our supporters.

Yes. Just because other clubs do things doesn’t make it right. If other clubs adopted a policy of punching walk ons in the face at the turnstile I wouldn’t like us to follow suit either. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well simply pointing out we arent the only club who does it. That's all

They shouldn’t be doing it either.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 14/05/2019 at 23:24, Butty said:

All we did mainly under Hughes and Allardyce is sing every single players name too the tune of the “Benni McCarthy” chant! The Salgado song was probably the best too come out of those era’s, and obviously the “Turkish delight” song for the main man. Both those songs still get sung away from home at times so maybe you do have a point..

What were the lyrics to the Salgado song again?