BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

These 3/6 game ticket bundles have never, ever sold more than the hundreds, even when doing well.

So of course, a bundle when we are doing poorly, with one of them a night match is never going to sell.

Quite scary how little of a clue he has re our fanbase and demographic.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The overwhelming I get from reading them and previous ones is that every common sense suggestion is always met by: "Oh well that would need a lot of change and/or organisation."

WELL THEN CHANGE/ORGANISE IT YOU USELESS SODS!

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly what they'll do and it will exclude a load of folk.. 

A lot of those tempted may be 'dad and his lad'. Or exiled Lancastrians back up north for Christmas etc. So just slash prices... but they won't.

He says they will do a cheap offer. I would do 15 pounds for adult and a pound for kids..

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Why does Waggot keep setting targets that aren't realistic at the moment ? Does he understand the club so little still ?

What made him think that this seasons ST's would increase significantly on last seasons ?   Why when we are having a poor first third to the season does he think we'd suddenly shift 1500 half ST's when it's normally 500 or less when it's crap.

Continually failing to meet targets you've set yourself should only lead to one thing.

Targets could be from the owners. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

These 3/6 game ticket bundles have never, ever sold more than the hundreds, even when doing well.

So of course, a bundle when we are doing poorly, with one of them a night match is never going to sell.

Quite scary how little of a clue he has re our fanbase and demographic.

I think the bundles arent a bad idea depending on your own circumstances and good way to see if your child is interested or not

• Backroom
6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

ND raised the placing of away fans in the top tier of the Darwen End
and the effect he thought it had on the general matchday atmosphere in
the ground. He and other Forum members believed that bringing away
fans into the lower tier would create more noise from the home fans as
well. SW agreed to raise the issue with Tony Mowbray at an appropriate
time.

This is a bit confusing to me. Why would the first team manager need to be involved in this kind of decision? Seems like something that doesn't need to be in his remit. 

Just now, DE. said:

This is a bit confusing to me. Why would the first team manager need to be involved in this kind of decision? Seems like something that doesn't need to be in his remit. 

I don't mind if the manager has a preference over where away fans are and is searching for every minor advantage to make us better at home. Martin O'Neill did it at Villa and moved away fans from behind the goal in the lower tier to the side stand thus ensuring home fans were behind both goals. Derby and Middlesbrough have done similar and shoved away fans to the corner to enable home fans behind each goal.

Sadly all the evidence suggests the opposite - that the moving of away fans upstairs has not only worsened the atmosphere at Ewood with the large lower tier empty but also has seen results deteriorate from this time last season. 

More likely Waggott has to get approval from Mowbray for such a thing.

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

I don't mind if the manager has a preference over where away fans are and is searching for every minor advantage to make us better at home. Martin O'Neill did it at Villa and moved away fans from behind the goal in the lower tier to the side stand thus ensuring home fans were behind both goals. Derby and Middlesbrough have done similar and shoved away fans to the corner to enable home fans behind each goal.

Sadly all the evidence suggests the opposite - that the moving of away fans upstairs has not only worsened the atmosphere at Ewood with the large lower tier empty but also has seen results deteriorate from this time last season. 

More likely Waggott has to get approval from Mowbray for such a thing.

The way he worded it is just strange to me, like that is a decision solely within Mowbray's control and nothing to do with anybody else. I can understand the manager having a preference and making a request to the relevant department, but to be in charge of something like that just seems odd to me. 

Just now, DE. said:

Fucking hell, with Mowbray’s obsession with putting people where they shouldn’t go he will want the away fans in the Riverside one week, then move them to the Jack Walker for the first 20 minutes of the next game before finishing up on the Blackburn end roof.

• Like 6

On 02/11/2019 at 17:58, MCMC1875 said:

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What those minutes do show is the goalkeeper situation in the summer resulted in two good options not signing and Walton turning up as available cheaply rather than as a specific target. Poor management to let your keeper leave before the replacement is in the building and then failing to land either of two good options due to cost yet you can waste 5million plus wages in addition on an unrequired forward

• Backroom
Just now, Rogerb said:

What those minutes do show is the goalkeeper situation in the summer resulted in two good options not signing and Walton turning up as available cheaply rather than as a specific target. Poor management to let your keeper leave before the replacement is in the building and then failing to land either of two good options due to cost yet you can waste 5million plus wages in addition on an unrequired forward

A shame nobody followed up Waggott's answer with "why did we sell Raya before being sure we could bring in a decent replacement?" 

• Like 1

Just now, Rogerb said:

The big names they were flinging around it didn't take a rocket scientist to know they'd want large wages. That's just a cop out from Waggot i reckon when the truth is probably opted for the cheapest option and had no intention of investing in that position just like defence.

Given the agents who provided Walton i'd not be surprised to see us buy him for decent money with the idea of trying to increase him in value for a sell on. You can't do that if you sign an older bigger name on big wages.

Gambling around with a key position yet again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2019 at 05:57, Hasta said:

I said it when the fixtures came out.

£10 Birmingham at home on Boxing Day. Under 11s free.

Holiday atmosphere. A lot of people off work.  With it being a bank holiday people will be looking for something different to do with the kids. Back on the lash after Christmas Day with your mates. Avoid the Boxing Day sales. Tickets sold as Christmas presents. Birmingham will probably bring a few more at that price. 

Make the deciion well in advance and start advertising it through the LT, website, social media and on the big screen from the next game. Stick a pop up stand, or some kind of display, in the Mall for a couple of Saturdays during December. People may not buy from it but a lot of locals will see it and know the deal exists (unlike 1875 club).

Category A pricing. £3 Waggot tax in place.

Bah Humbug.

It's not like it will be on the red button or anything.

Just now, Hasta said:

Category A pricing. £3 Waggot tax in place.

Bah Humbug.

It's not like it will be on the red button or anything.

Pathetic

No reason at all that this should be category A.

He knows Birmingham are likely to fill the Darwen end so puts the prices up and fleeces home fans in the process.

Also blows Waggott's theory out the water that we charged Sheffield Wednesday high prices because that's what they charge our fans. Tickets at Birmingham this season I recall were quite reasonable so for us to make it a Category A game is appalling.

As admirable as it is charging £10 v Wigan the very fact it is a night game on 23rd December on Sky tv (which Rovers have reminded people of on their website) ensures that the numbers will be less than for a Saturday game not on tv.

The increased tickets for the Sheff Weds game allow the discounts for the Wigan game whilst keeping their targets on course.

The Brum match with them always likely to bring over a thousand on a Saturday would always have been cat A i'd wager. Fact it's on a bank holiday and they'll bring more than double that means it's an earner at one end of the ground. Depending on form between now and then there'll probably only be about 13.5k home fans in going off this seasons turn outs.

Another opportunity missed to get more in and reignite a bit of interest.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have to say the turn out looked pathetic yesterday. Even the great goal we scored had gloss taken off it been scored into an empty stand. Great noise, but the ground looks emptier and emptier. 

Isnt "pathetic" a little strong for someone who, quite undertandably I may add I am not saying you should have been, wasnt there themselves! It was a standard crowd for a midweek game really with a minimal away following and of course ongoing inefficient pricing strategies by Waggott and co.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Isnt "pathetic" a little strong for someone who, quite undertandably I may add I am not saying you should have been, wasnt there themselves! It was a standard crowd for a midweek game really with a minimal away following and of course ongoing inefficient pricing strategies by Waggott and co.

No, it looked pathetic on TV. Not knocking anyone, just saying how it appeared.The stand we scored into had nobody in it. It looked like a behind closed door match. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, it looked pathetic on TV. Not knocking anyone, just saying how it appeared.The stand we scored into had nobody in it. It looked like a behind closed door match. 

It did look really sad on TV.

Where were the Brentford fans put? I know they only brought a small following, not a criticism and to be expected for a midweek game on TV a long way away.

Ewood is simply too big for our present condition which will last as long as our owners and more, imo

• Like 1