BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It did look really sad on TV.

Where were the Brentford fans put? I know they only brought a small following, not a criticism and to be expected for a midweek game on TV a long way away.

Ewood is simply too big for our present condition which will last as long as our owners and more, imo

A snug 20,000 seater would be better 

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Also blows Waggott's theory out the water that we charged Sheffield Wednesday high prices because that's what they charge our fans. Tickets at Birmingham this season I recall were quite reasonable so for us to make it a Category A game is appalling.

As admirable as it is charging £10 v Wigan the very fact it is a night game on 23rd December on Sky tv (which Rovers have reminded people of on their website) ensures that the numbers will be less than for a Saturday game not on tv.

It’s almost like he wants to show that lowering prices doesn’t work...

Fair play offering any game for £10 around Christmas but it really should have been the afternoon, non-televised game. As it’s Boxing Day though he thinks people will pay anyway.

I can’t remember a Rovers board that cares as little about attracting fans. Playing the short term game rather than the long one is what people do for the good of themselves not the collective.

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

But we are struggling to get 10k home fans on? 

Like most of the rest of the clubs in this division our ground was built for Premier League football. So outside the Premier League it is always going to be 'too big'. So are Hillsborough, St Andrew's, Riverside, Stadium of Light etc.

The problem isnt our ground. It is that we are in the wrong division and are failing when it comes to growing our fanbase or even ensuring it stands still.

If we had a 20,000 stadium and got back to the Premier League it would be too small. 

At the very least it should be 25,000 or so like Wigan, Bolton, Fulham. We are a bigger club than Burnley or Preston as evidenced by the dingles failing to fill 19,000 home seats in their heyday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

Pathetic

No reason at all that this should be category A.

He knows Birmingham are likely to fill the Darwen end so puts the prices up and fleeces home fans in the process.

No way will Birmingham fill the Darwen End....

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s almost like he wants to show that lowering prices doesn’t work...

Fair play offering any game for £10 around Christmas but it really should have been the afternoon, non-televised game. As it’s Boxing Day though he thinks people will pay anyway.

I can’t remember a Rovers board that cares as little about attracting fans. Playing the short term game rather than the long one is what people do for the good of themselves not the collective.

Your never happy..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A frighteningly empty Ewood last night,nowhere near 11k on......

looking at that 7000 max.

Although 8600 season tickets plus 600 3 game tickets. Never going to be any revenue from the match. Therefore it's in the club's interests to have smallest gate possible to save money on staff.

When the ticket money is already in the bank it's all about reducing matchday costs.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

I’m glad they are doing the Wigan game, it’s what I’ve been asking for, £10 anywhere, no strings.

However I would wager that it just won’t sell particularly well, as it will be a December night game, live on Sky, even if it is near Christmas.

A festive weekend game and it would sell really well.

I just hope Waggott doesn’t use a relatively poor turnout as an excuse to not bother in the future.

My only worry with picking the Wigan game is that it will attract a lot of scrotes. Hopefully the fact that it’s an evening ko will make it more difficult but I’d expect trouble.

Other than that it’s a a local derby right before Christmas that is very affordable at a time when people are skint. Hopefully a big crowd and a great performance to kick off the Christmas period. Let’s hope the weather isn’t awful.

Just now, Stuart said:

My only worry with picking the Wigan game is that it will attract a lot of scrotes. Hopefully the fact that it’s an evening ko will make it more difficult but I’d expect trouble.

Other than that it’s a a local derby right before Christmas that is very affordable at a time when people are skint. Hopefully a big crowd and a great performance to kick off the Christmas period. Let’s hope the weather isn’t awful.

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "scrotes" but the dictionary definition is contemptible. I'm not suggesting this is what you mean.

The point this raises in my mind is the Oxford game which is often held up as an example of the crowd we could attract with sensible pricing. Oxford was £10.

From the JWL I observed what I feel was poor and unacceptable behaviour from large numbers of fans invading the pitch from the DE. For example fans invading the pitch which is illegal, parents encouraging their children on to the pitch and some parents even carrying young children on to the pitch. The extent of this pitch invasion was such that my son and I were denied, for the second time by Rovers fans, the opportunity to celebrate promotion with the team.

If the worry is £10 against Wigan will attract "scrotes" how should those at the Oxford game be described? If £10 versus Wigan is going to attract "scrotes" why would the £10 some feel should be charged for many other games attract any fewer "scrotes."

Is it being suggested we only want to attract fans capable of acceptable behaviour? If so who is defining what is and is not acceptable behaviour?

• Like 1

Just now, Paul said:

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "scrotes" but the dictionary definition is contemptible. I'm not suggesting this is what you mean.

The point this raises in my mind is the Oxford game which is often held up as an example of the crowd we could attract with sensible pricing. Oxford was £10.

From the JWL I observed what I feel was poor and unacceptable behaviour from large numbers of fans invading the pitch from the DE. For example fans invading the pitch which is illegal, parents encouraging their children on to the pitch and some parents even carrying young children on to the pitch. The extent of this pitch invasion was such that my son and I were denied, for the second time by Rovers fans, the opportunity to celebrate promotion with the team.

If the worry is £10 against Wigan will attract "scrotes" how should those at the Oxford game be described? If £10 versus Wigan is going to attract "scrotes" why would the £10 some feel should be charged for many other games attract any fewer "scrotes."

Is it being suggested we only want to attract fans capable of acceptable behaviour? If so who is defining what is and is not acceptable behaviour?

I think originally it was short for scrotum. You’ve pretty much summed the colloquialism up though, Paul. Although ironically the Oxford dictionary would have been more succinct.

I’ve been to Wigan on cheap ticket deals and it makes it affordable for some proper scrotes. Kids who want to give it large and cause a bit of bovva. They have more than their fair share.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Poor post by Stuart, Paul. Yes the Oxford game was a free for all but time it was put to bed. We can all quote extremes but we know what acceptable behaviour is. Lets leave it there.

I quite agree the Oxford game should be put to bed. I am though interested why Wigan at £10 attracts scrotes and Oxford, apparently so far, didn't.

The call for cheap tickets, which I don't have a problem with, is being deemed undesirable as it may attract scrotes.

I'm interested to understand how the club can win on ticket pricing? Too cheap and undesirable fans are attracted. Too expensive and, from what I recall, only wealthy, privileged season ticket holders can attend. Those ST holders I recall are viewed as preventing other fans from attending because ST holders are "privileged."

Will we soon be asked to attend interview before being able to buy a ticket?

I know what this all boils down to.

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Poor post by Stuart, Paul. Yes the Oxford game was a free for all but time it was put to bed. We can all quote extremes but we know what acceptable behaviour is. Lets leave it there.

Woah woah woah. Poor post? I stand by that fact that Wigan have a set of scrotes who follow them on cheap tickets. Paul turned that into a barb against Rovers fans.