BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

good effort for fans. I walked the ticket office about a hour before kick off and they wasn't 10 people there. 

about 45 mins before kick off the Blackburn End concourse didn't even had 100 people in there. 

I do agree with @arbitro 's comment that Blackburn Rovers need to send emails and mail to those walk on's fans to get them back as season tickets. I seen a few people who I haven't seen for a while there including a friend who made a decision to come down 90 mins before kick off. Hopefully he will get a season ticket now

Didnt you say the other day that one of the reasons that surcharges arent an issue is because people dont just decide on the day to attend, something you personally have never done.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Didnt you say the other day that one of the reasons that surcharges arent an issue is because people dont just decide on the day to attend, something you personally have never done.

I have been asking him all week to come down again. He got the buzz today and will be back. price isn't a factor for him. 1st time he been back in years to Rovers since we finish 10th under Sam Allardyce. He fell out of love with football, but a few personal circumstances have change recently and he is a change person now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

However, was the REAL attendance a fair bit lower, as the police may have let the cat out of the bag;

Chief Insp John Bullas, the match commander, said: "Around 18,000 people attended the game and the vast majority were well-behaved.

Nearly 3,000 fans were recorded as attending but didn’t? WTF?

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Red button?

If they are included in the attendance they’ve already paid. ST holders sacking off a match to watch a crappy single-camera view no better than live? A couple of hundred for various personal reasons, yes, but 3,000? Doesn’t add up.

To be fair it could have been a mistake from the police fella.

But I would imagine it was more than a few hundred, if not 3k. For example there were at least 5 regulars in my vicinity not there today. We shouldn’t forget that more and more of our fanbase reside outside the area.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Stuart said:

If they are included in the attendance they’ve already paid. ST holders sacking off a match to watch a crappy single-camera view no better than live? A couple of hundred for various personal reasons, yes, but 3,000? Doesn’t add up.

Live on TV, travel problems, it doesn't seem that odd to me.

Just now, 47er said:

Live on TV, travel problems, it doesn't seem that odd to me.

25% of our normal crowd didn’t turn up for the biggest game of the season. Nah.

More like what Matty said, a slip of the tongue or ill-informed plod spokesman.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

However, was the REAL attendance a fair bit lower, as the police may have let the cat out of the bag;

Chief Insp John Bullas, the match commander, said: "Around 18,000 people attended the game and the vast majority were well-behaved.

I know the police supposedly get the "real" people through the turnstile figure but that number is nonsense. 35 minutes before KO I couldn't get on the off street parking we planned to use instead of the DE. There were small traffic queues heading in from Chorley all turning up LBR at Feniscowles. Plus the JWL was significantly fuller than usual.

For most games I can leave home 25 minutes before KO and be in the ground as the teams come out. No chance of that today.

Mr Bullas is simply wrong.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

New Year's Day we play West Brom at home, might as well set this category C get a full house at a time when families are actually all together, have a family tradition of xmas football and when people are off work and not travelling etc.  Create a New Year's Day family price for a one off set cost. Do it now so people can make their xmas plans.

You would think the club would be all over this idea with the team doing well and interest increasing....don't hold your breath!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair it could have been a mistake from the police fella.

But I would imagine it was more than a few hundred, if not 3k. For example there were at least 5 regulars in my vicinity not there today. We shouldn’t forget that more and more of our fanbase reside outside the area.

The police NEVER make mistakes!

The back to back Saturday home games in early November against QPR and Rotherham respectively should have been the perfect opportunity to do a cheap ticket deal. Two for the price of one. £20 for both. The perfect time to encourage half season ticket sales.

Both of these sides will bring poor away followings. There is no potential for trouble in order for Lancs police to intervene and discourage a big home crowd. The players and season ticket holders would all love to see big crowds for these games. 

It really isn’t rocket science marketing. Comon Mr Waggott sort it out! 

Instead for the QPR game we have cheapest £21 in Riverside and £24 in Blackburn End! Cue 11,000 crowd! Surely someone who represents us on the fans forum can raise this?!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, david brent said:

Surely someone who represents us on the fans forum can raise this?!

What about someone from the fans forum inviting Waggott to join up to this very message board and openly engage with ideas put forward?

You sound like you might be struggling for ideas....the door of BRFCS.COM is open.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just 4,yes that's FOUR arrests in a near 21,000 crowd and the LET decide it's worthy of news....more arrested on a night out around town!

Just priming it for next years 12 o'clock kick off again, front page warnings next time. This is the new Burnley fixture for the OB, it's an earner with very little to do except sit on car parks in vans and cars eating Mcdonalds !

Why would anyone begrudge them that .......

• Like 3