Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Neal

Attendances

Recommended Posts

Just now, Riversider28 said:

You are actually admitting to being on the pitch? Thanks very much for spoiling the day for myself and everyone else who wasn’t so selfish. Perhaps you’d like to hand yourself in to the police so they can ban you from Ewood. 

That’s the spirit. Ban those who went on at Donny too. They ruined everything.

I guarantee you that if we’re in the play offs and have a home leg that takes us to Wembley you can further ban a good couple of thousand plus exuberant supporters.

That’s what this thread is about, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I was on the pitch and I go more games than you.  Didn't wreck my day.....you do think you're superior to others...can't think why

Do you? Dont think so

Yes you wrecked the day by your stupid childish pathetic actions. Well done for acting like a 4 year old. Shame you didnt listen to what the club, Mowbray and players wanted. You think you are bigger than them. 

Anyway I wont be replying to you again. Still on the ignore list. Only replied cos someelse did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That’s the spirit. Ban those who went on at Donny too. They ruined everything.

I guarantee you that if we’re in the play offs and have a home leg that takes us to Wembley you can further ban a good couple of thousand plus exuberant supporters.

That’s what this thread is about, right?

 

You know as well as I do what the thread is really about. I just find it irritating that someone comes on and actually  “brags” about being on the pitch thinking it’s acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I really do appreciate that very many people are struggling to make ends meet and a Rovers ticket is a significant element in discretionary expenditure, BUT

2) imagined aggrieved victimhood is such a Blackburn trait  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stuart said:

C’mon Matty. This is what we’ve been asking for!

The away end seeming desolate plays into our hands. Money from away fans and the advantage to Rovers fans.

I haven’t.

If a club is bringing a following of 3000+, certainly start with filling the upper tier and put the overspill downstairs, but for a club bringing a few hundred I personally think having over 7,000 empty seats at that end with no fans visible kills the atmosphere which isn’t good for us either.

 

 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we tried putting the fans in a trapezoid formation? The angled edges could give off better acoustics, but only the central part of the trapezoid should be for singers. The central part's edges would be best of they're parallel to the angled edges of the trapezoid, for noise equalisation. The outer sections should be reserved for those with flasks and blankets - let's face it, they won't be singing. The difficulty is forcing them to leave their blankets in the concourse before going up on the terrace; proven fact that blankets, particularly tartan patterns and those containing polyester, are nothing but sound dampeners. Flasks can bounce sound waves, but metal is preferred - plastic should be frowned upon, but let's not ban them and cause an uproar - the peer pressure of well-to-do metal flask owners should see to that in time.

Or as others suggested, maybe everything should have just been left as it was, a better pricing structure put in place with incentives, and let the attendance figure take care of itself. 😕

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't there against Oxford but i was there , on the pitch, against Doncaster and it was the best feeling I have had as a Rovers fan and one I will cherish for the rest of my life. Like I say, I wasn't there against Oxford but I 100% would of been on the pitch to celebrate the rare moment. In 20 odd years of going down to ewood I have never seen a pitch invasion and looked on enviously of other clubs running on to there own pitch and celebrating. 

It was a one off game and if you can't just take the occasion for what it is and enjoy it then I wouldn't give two hoots if I upset, offended or whatever your problem is. 

Years and years of divided fans , poor managers, half hearted footballers with nothing to even clap. I applaud any fan that made the day a celebration. 

If you where on the pitch I hope you sang, danced and had an amazing day.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to open old debates, but for the record. 

Oxford was just over-exuberance,  because the game was sill going, they just needed to wait 30 seconds, possibly watch us score a third as we were bombing forward and then charge on, as there was always going to be an invasion. Didn’t matter in the end as we all got to enjoy the post match ceremony.

The issue at Doncaster was not the first invasion, it was spontaneous and nobody had an issue with it. However, there was a second invasion when the players tried to come back out, the players just ran straight off, annoying but ok everyone is still over excited, so still a little understandable.

Then Mowbray came on the mic and said if you could stay off the ptch we’ll come back. A good few minutes pass by, everyone is back in the stand. They try to and a hundred or so run back on for a third time, that’s not spontaneity, the players turn straight back round and thats that. Many who didn’t go on the pitch or did first time round were annoyed that they didn’t have chance to thank the players, it could have been another PNE 2001 moment for those fans and they never had the chance to partake in it.

End of the day promotion is all that mattered, but it wasn’t the full time whistle invasion that anyone had a problem with at Doncaster, every set of fans does it these days.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of these still whining about people on the pitch CELEBRATING PROMOTION were chanting 'on the pitch' or even trying to get on it v Wigan in the infamous Kean game ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

do more want to come regularly tho? or will we end up with some of the people who turned up on the last game of last season and show their true colours by disrupting the game and not giving a monkey about the season ticket holders? how many who turn up that are glory hunters and not die hard Rovers fans?

What a bizarre argument. Your pompous attitude towards floating fans I hope is one not shared by the higher ups at Ewood, we need to embrace and appreciate that those beyond the already attending will need more persuading. To imply that we may not even want any extra fans to justify the pricing is ridicilious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shame, because this team and manager deserve it.

Yep, they do. No arguments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

I wish you would return JB

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What a bizarre argument. Your pompous attitude towards floating fans I hope is one not shared by the higher ups at Ewood, we need to embrace and appreciate that those beyond the already attending will need more persuading. To imply that we may not even want any extra fans to justify the pricing is ridicilious!

I feel the prices are right at the minite, we had around 1500-2000 walk ons fans and at times this we had up to near 3k. But with Christmas coming up I accept we will struggle to more fans at this stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

You stopped going because they appointed Coyle, but you haven't returned even though they've reversed that decision by sacking him and bringing in a better manager than Lambert?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wish you would return JB

I feel the prices are right at the minite, we had around 1500-2000 walk ons fans and at times this we had up to near 3k. But with Christmas coming up I accept we will struggle to more fans at this stage

If you think the prices are "about right" then why did our season ticket sales fall below Waggotts target?

Christmas comes every year, it is up to Waggott to empathise with supporters and make tickets more of an attractive and affordable proposition regardless. Sheffield Wednesday at home for example seemed perfect for a promoted deal of some description. 

6 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

Each to their own, but feels like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face to make a statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think the prices are "about right" then why did our season ticket sales fall below Waggotts target?

Christmas comes every year, it is up to Waggott to empathise with supporters and make tickets more of an attractive and affordable proposition regardless. Sheffield Wednesday at home for example seemed perfect for a promoted deal of some description. 

Each to their own, but feels like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face to make a statement.

surely you should be asking people who didn't buy season tickets not a person who been a season ticket holder for over 20 years? 

349 pounds for 23 games which works out roughly 15 pounds per games which I think is cracking value and cheap IMO. you may disagree and that's fine by me. 

On Sheffield Wednesday prices are little high but I do feel that's 20 pounds per ticket is about right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

surely you should be asking people who didn't buy season tickets not a person who been a season ticket holder for over 20 years? 

349 pounds for 23 games which works out roughly 15 pounds per games which I think is cracking value and cheap IMO. you may disagree and that's fine by me. 

On Sheffield Wednesday prices are little high but I do feel that's 20 pounds per ticket is about right

Either Waggott has overestimated potential sales or his pricing has caused sales to fall below target. One of the 2. He deserves criticism and questioning either way, just as Mowbray would if he finished below his target, or say Dack scored less goals than his target.

My qualm is not with matchday pricing, it is with a lack of a special deal/promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Either Waggott has overestimated potential sales or his pricing has caused sales to fall below target. One of the 2. He deserves criticism and questioning either way, just as Mowbray would if he finished below his target, or say Dack scored less goals than his target.

My qualm is not with matchday pricing, it is with a lack of a special deal/promotion.

Those Targets did include half season.ticket sales.

Special deal/promotion? Why when you are ST holder? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those Targets did include half season.ticket sales.

Special deal/promotion? Why when you are ST holder? 

Either way, do you agree he should be judged on meeting targets like anyone else?

Whats that got to do with anything? I didnt mean for me to take advantage of or personally benefit from, the whole thread is about attendances. I meant in terms of getting higher attendances, you mentioned christmas as a potential reason that may limit attendances. My response being, it is the same every year, so why arent the club and Waggott more creative and proactive in coming up with deals to make it more affordable? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Either way, do you agree he should be judged on meeting targets like anyone else?

Whats that got to do with anything? I didnt mean for me to take advantage of or personally benefit from, the whole thread is about attendances. I meant in terms of getting higher attendances, you mentioned christmas as a potential reason that may limit attendances. My response being, it is the same every year, so why arent the club and Waggott more creative and proactive in coming up with deals to make it more affordable? 

Chaddy doesn't do empathy rf99! Since Chaddy has a season ticket, promotional offers for individual games mean nothing to him.

In his world, the answer to higher attendances is that more people should buy season tickets.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Either way, do you agree he should be judged on meeting targets like anyone else?

Whats that got to do with anything? I didnt mean for me to take advantage of or personally benefit from, the whole thread is about attendances. I meant in terms of getting higher attendances, you mentioned christmas as a potential reason that may limit attendances. My response being, it is the same every year, so why arent the club and Waggott more creative and proactive in coming up with deals to make it more affordable? 

His targets can still be met if half season ticket sell well

I have suggest some potential deals which if I remember correct you disagree with one or 2. 

is the cost the main problem or it is the quality of football at this level, the past 8 years under the owners, lack of PL football, People lack of time, work commitments, family commitments and with people who haven't been for a while have found other things to do. I know a few people who fall into these categories above. which is a shame but I respect their decisions just like any Blackburn Rovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His targets can still be met if half season ticket sell well

His targets were for full season tickets sold by a certain date. That was why he was able to state he hadn't met them. He can't now come out and say 'I changed the target date and the target and it's good news guys, we met them. Phew'.

It's heartening to know that's how it works in your head. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His targets can still be met if half season ticket sell well

I have suggest some potential deals which if I remember correct you disagree with one or 2. 

is the cost the main problem or it is the quality of football at this level, the past 8 years under the owners, lack of PL football, People lack of time, work commitments, family commitments and with people who haven't been for a while have found other things to do. I know a few people who fall into these categories above. which is a shame but I respect their decisions just like any Blackburn Rovers. 

The main thing you was pushing was tickets for a certain number of games to suit people working shifts. The only reason you suggested it was because it is one that may affect you and my counter argument was that it would just lead to current season ticket holders opting to downgrade to the new ticket which would offer much less games.

All of these potential reasons you list are not reasons that are new. Theres not a sudden shift in Rovers fans work shifts/patterns or increased family committments. For every fan who suddenly cannot go because of new shifts or family committments, another fan will be able to attend again. Id love to know whats going on in your head for that to be one of the main reasons as if theres been a sudden change. The club cant do anything about personal circumstance anyway, just like it cannot cancel christmas. What it can control, ie Waggott, is how much it charges for season tickets, whether it charges a matchday surcharge, and whether it comes up with inventive ways such as clever promotions to increase attendances.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16977667.rovers-chief-executive-discusses-ewood-park-crowds/?ref=ar

And where does it say that the target includes half season tickets? Waggott shows concern, shows a total ignorance towards historical sales, and a blatant disregard for the importance of cost, seemingly working on the assumption that as long as the team are doing well, price becomes less important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The main thing you was pushing was tickets for a certain number of games to suit people working shifts. The only reason you suggested it was because it is one that may affect you and my counter argument was that it would just lead to current season ticket holders opting to downgrade to the new ticket which would offer much less games.

All of these potential reasons you list are not reasons that are new. Theres not a sudden shift in Rovers fans work shifts/patterns or increased family committments. For every fan who suddenly cannot go because of new shifts or family committments, another fan will be able to attend again. Id love to know whats going on in your head for that to be one of the main reasons as if theres been a sudden change. The club cant do anything about personal circumstance anyway, just like it cannot cancel christmas. What it can control, ie Waggott, is how much it charges for season tickets, whether it charges a matchday surcharge, and whether it comes up with inventive ways such as clever promotions to increase attendances.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16977667.rovers-chief-executive-discusses-ewood-park-crowds/?ref=ar

And where does it say that the target includes half season tickets? Waggott shows concern, shows a total ignorance towards historical sales, and a blatant disregard for the importance of cost, seemingly working on the assumption that as long as the team are doing well, price becomes less important.

Firstly, MY idea wasn't to suit me at all, cos I wouldn't be working that day if Rovers are playing at all in the league. I will be off simple as, so please stop lying roversfan99. But I do know 2 friends who cannot attend midweek games simply down to working shifts 

look at this link mention about half season ticket sales being part of the target

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.