BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

Hope Mulgrew is fit, suspect he might sit out until the international break but fingers crossed as we need him alongside a shaky Lenihan. Going to be a tough game.

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Smallwood

Reed Dack Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bell, Rodwell, Palmer, Rothwell, Brereton, Travis

Edited by roversfan99

I see some similarities between Sheffield United and ourselves. Both recently promoted from League One, both seem to have spells of playing some exciting football, both suspect defensively, both teams that have been assembled on limited funds in comparison to most.

Could do with 4 points from the next 2 to keep momentum going into the international break. Any less than 3 from 6 this week and I'll be disappointed.

Think this one will be more difficult than Villa or Forest despite them not having the over the top media frenzy behind them.

Going to be a really tough game. They have 2 wiley guys upfront in McGoldrick and Sharpe. Not the quickest, but both good technically and clever with the ball. 

It's going to be a real battle as they work hard like us. Hopefully we sneak a win. 

I would go with the same team as @Roversfan99. Tough call between Rodwell and Williams if Mulgrew isn't back yet 

• Like 1

Going to be a really tough one. 

Sheffield United and West Brom are the only clubs to have won 6 of their first ten games and the Blades have a horrible habit of getting results at Ewood. Blades are nicely posed to get into the top two and if they are going to make automatic promotion, this is the kind of game they need to win.

This game is a huge threat to our long unbeaten home run and I will be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win for Rovers.

• Like 1

Just now, Rochdale Blue said:

Dean Henderson, goalkeeper, now on loan at Sheffield United.  Should be an interesting return to Ewood Park and especially in front of the Blackburn End after his reactions last season when playing Shrewsbury!

I hope he gets his ears reddened , but that no idiots take it too far and throw shit. 

Hopefully the prolonged abuse will be enough to put him off his game 

Dean Henderson. Prick. He'll get some respite this season for one half probably backed by a large Sheffield away following. Shame really - he was a nob of the highest order and deserves all the stick he gets.

Both teams to score - draw is a pretty good bet for Rovers this season. Would have earned you a few quid if you backed it. On that note, another 2-2 is my guess. Would be delighted with a win and this squad is certainly capable of beating the "better sides" (Brenford, Stoke)

Raya

Travis          Lenihan      Mulgrew*         Bell

Bennett       Smallwood    Reed       Rothwell

Dack

Brereton

* If Mulgrew is not fit then Rodwell starts

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Rodwell, Evans,  Palmer, Armstrong, Graham

Evans to be rested. Graham i'm assuming will struggle to play to start Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday.

45 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dean Henderson. Prick. He'll get some respite this season for one half probably backed by a large Sheffield away following. Shame really - he was a nob of the highest order and deserves all the stick he gets.

Both teams to score - draw is a pretty good bet for Rovers this season. Would have earned you a few quid if you backed it. On that note, another 2-2 is my guess. Would be delighted with a win and this squad is certainly capable of beating the "better sides" (Brenford, Stoke)

Should be a few thank you chants for his gift against Charlton I think it was. Helped us get promoted so he did

Ya, we can outfight Brentfrod, Stoke and others this season, no doubt. Going to be matched in the fighting stakes on Wednesday though. Score draw written all over it alright 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

25 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Raya

Dack

Brereton

Evans to be rested. Graham i'm assuming will struggle to play to start Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Right back should be an interesting one, seeing as we have a few midfielders who can do a job there. Apparently Reed played there a lot for Norwich last term, but do we want to lose what he gives us in midfield? Same with Bennett?

Think Evans picked up a minor injury at the weekend, so for this one I think you're right, but hard to say how it'll turn out if Nyambe is out for any length of time. 

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Raya

Dack

Brereton

Graham is apparently the fittest hes ever been under Mowbray. Hes proving people wrong and in fact Dack looked tired at the end of the Forest game whilst Graham seemed fine. Has to start.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Graham is apparently the fittest hes ever been under Mowbray. Hes proving people wrong and in fact Dack looked tired at the end of the Forest game whilst Graham seemed fine. Has to start.

He didn't travel to Bournemouth though. We kept him fresh for Saturday. It's not so much tiredness with Graham, its the risk of aggravating some of those existing conditions he has.

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Reed

Armstrong        Dack        Rothwell

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rodwell Brereton Travis Palmer Conway

Not risky Evans with his Hip injury. Key player

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Would like to see Graham and Dack continue their blossoming partnership, however I am not sure he will start both this game and our next against Bolton on the weekend.  They have looked the real deal of late, great understanding, if only Graham had legs a little younger.  Perhaps 60 minutes on Wednesday and a cameo on the weekend.  Also, who to fill in a right back?  Reed? Bennett? Travis?  Or dare I say it, play 3 at the back with Bennett at wing back? Thats why Mowbray gets paid the big bucks! I spoke with Up the Blades podcast host Ben Meakin about the match and more.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Smallwood Reed

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rodwell Brereton Travis Palmer Palmer

Nice side. I would be happy to see that. 

I would have Tomlinson on the bench though instead of us having to clone Palmer. Would prefer to see our budget spent on a center half. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

He didn't travel to Bournemouth though. We kept him fresh for Saturday. It's not so much tiredness with Graham, its the risk of aggravating some of those existing conditions he has.

Neither did Dack or Bennett. Theres definitely a balance so I do understand to an extent but I dont think we should be too over cautious either, dropping our best player at the moment would cause a big problem. Hes obviously got the chance to rest up next week so lets get what we can out of him in these next 2 games.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Smallwood Reed

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rodwell Brereton Travis Palmer Palmer

Palmer has gone to being dropped from your squad to having 2 places on the bench? ?

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Neither did Dack or Bennett. Theres definitely a balance so I do understand to an extent but I dont think we should be too over cautious either, dropping our best player at the moment would cause a big problem. Hes obviously got the chance to rest up next week so lets get what we can out of him in these next 2 games.

Palmer has gone to being dropped from your squad to having 2 places on the bench? ?

One of those Palmer's is Armstrong in disguise!

It all about managing his time on the pitch. It's to Graham's credit that he's needed as much as he is. His hold up play and that connection with Dack is incredibly important to us. I'd rather he played 60-70 mins every game rather than 90 mins every Saturday

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well Mowbray doesn't mess about when it comes to people being injured.

For that reason I could see Bennett in for Nyambe at right back, Williams in for Downing at CH, and Armstrong taking Bennetts wide forward role.

I think that's what will happen