BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

No Nyambe sounds like a very convenient excuse to revert back to that bloody 3-5-2.

Raya

Lenihan Rodwell Mulgrew

Bennett Evans Reed Smallwood Bell

Dack 

Graham

Sadly I think you are right.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/october/tonys-injury-update/

"Playing three at the back is another option for us, of course, we can do that. I think it will be a pretty tactical game tomorrow, let's wait and see."

Expect the same team as the one you picked bar Williams for Rodwell.

Also suspect Reed will be playing off Graham, him and Dack.

Stick to 4 please Tony.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, J*B said:

No Nyambe sounds like a very convenient excuse to revert back to that bloody 3-5-2.

Raya

Lenihan Rodwell Mulgrew

Bennett Evans Reed Smallwood Bell

Dack 

Graham

Change to 434:

Raya

Lenihan Rodwell Mulgrew

Bennett   Evans     Reed      Bell

Dack 

Graham Brereton

Although, I seem to recall Reed mentioning he'd been playing wide right, and I know many prefer Bennett in cm. I'd be ok with that too.

Edited by Mike E

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Smallwood Rothwell

—————-Dack———-

Armstrong Graham

I like that team and set up. Sadly I think we've as much chance as seeing Shearer and Sutton starting tonight as we have of seeing that team.

Sheff Utd play with overlapping centre-halves. What is this sorcery?

https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blades/i-m-expecting-a-tough-night-against-sheffield-united-says-blackburn-rovers-boss-tony-mowbray-ahead-of-blades-clash-at-ewood-park-1-9377225

Ex-Rover Jack O'Connell will be one of the marauding CH's. 

Tony's got the tactics truck out in response - "If you’ve got a centre half who’s overlapping his wing back and you lose the ball, then you’re potentially light at the back especially if you play two strikers because then it’s two v two"

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Looks incredibly negative to me.

And to me. That team is akin to parking the bus. What's the point of signing creative mid-fielders if we won't pick them?

Are we are more concerned with identifying opposition weaknesses and countering them than identifying our own strengths and playing to them?

• Like 1

Good following considering it’s a red button night match.

It is what it is but it just proves we were correct in the summer when we called out Waggott’s daft lie about ‘not wanting to inconvenience Rovers fans in the Darwen End by moving them constantly for big followings’.

They’d have needed to be moved once in all likelyhood - Leeds (and we didn’t even give them the full allocation, a full 1000 short, in fact).

• Like 1

• Backroom

Disappointing to be missing tonight; booked a concert for the wife (I won’t say which one - concert that is; I only have one wife) months ago and the one time it’s a midweek home game on a Wednesday rather than Tuesday I miss it!

Think we will win, can see big Darragh scoring tonight after he was linked with them before.

Out if interest do they still have that Hennegan lad they signed before we did, he never seemed to feature 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

And to me. That team is akin to parking the bus. What's the point of signing creative mid-fielders if we won't pick them?

Are we are more concerned with identifying opposition weaknesses and countering them than identifying our own strengths and playing to them?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Reed would get forward. He's a box to box midfielder. Bennett and Bell wide..

I prefer the team I picked but Mowbray would have more info and knowledge than us

Agreed 47er. Need to concentrate on our own strengths, especially at home. 3 at the back has in the main failed in the past and we are doing ok with 4. Lets hope Mowbray sticks with 4 at the back and brings in Armstrong for Nyambe, with Bennett back at right back.

And obviously Mowbray has more knowledge than us chaddy but thats a silly point to make. May as well shut down the messageboard if thats your argument. Your formation relies on Reed as primary support to Dack and Graham, a man with 2 goals in his career. Bell gets so far forward and shits himself, so hes hardly going to scare Sheffield United either!

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/october/blackburn-away-tickets/

Operation 'Fill The DE With Away Fans', led by the Steve 'ear to the ground' Waggott, seems to have hit the buffers once again. SUFC have now received a whopping 2,119 tickets after another 300 turned up at their gaff yesterday on request. Just another 6,000 to go....

Good effort from them there'll over 2.5k on the night probably but Steve & co will be wishing they'd charged top whack if they haven't already seeing as it won't be anywhere near a full end.

Good job the likes of these, Forest etc don't fill it otherwise you'd be looking at the Riverside being added to the away allocation next season ?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Disappointing to be missing tonight; booked a concert for the wife (I won’t say which one - concert that is; I only have one wife) months ago and the one time it’s a midweek home game on a Wednesday rather than Tuesday I miss it!

Think we will win, can see big Darragh scoring tonight after he was linked with them before.

Out if interest do they still have that Hennegan lad they signed before we did, he never seemed to feature 

You don't have to be ashamed of being a Level 42 fanboy. 

I've always figured zimmer frames in the mosh  pit is quite endearing. ?

Edited by Silas

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good following considering it’s a red button night match.

It is what it is but it just proves we were correct in the summer when we called out Waggott’s daft lie about ‘not wanting to inconvenience Rovers fans in the Darwen End by moving them constantly for big followings’.

They’d have needed to be moved once in all likelyhood - Leeds (and we didn’t even give them the full allocation, a full 1000 short, in fact).

Your calculations the other day were interesting. If we're only giving Leeds 6,800 then we're leaving 1000+ seats empty in the DE. If we set the limit at 5,500 (still more than any other Championship club offers) we'd have a large away following to cash in on whilst also not giving them the full DE (avoiding the 12 noon kick off nonsense) and would also in theory be able to keep home fans in the DE.

It seems for the sake of 1,200 or so extra away fans Rovers think it is worth shutting the DE to home fans and moving kick off to noon thus reducing the number of home fans in the ground. Meanwhile if they were really so obsessed with having as many away fans as possible there are 1,000 empty seats in the DE that they could sell for £30 each - why are they being left empty?

• Like 1

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, Silas said:

You don't have to be ashamed of being a Level 42 fanboy. 

I've always figured zimmer frames in the mosh  pit is quite endearing. ?

I’m not sure I know what a Level 42 is!

• Like 2

On 01/10/2018 at 14:09, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Reed

Armstrong        Dack        Rothwell

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rodwell Brereton Travis Palmer Conway

Not risky Evans with his Hip injury. Key player

Think this team looks about right. 

I think Mowbray might go for Conway over Rothwell.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Your formation relies on Reed as primary support to Dack and Graham, a man with 2 goals in his career. Bell gets so far forward and shits himself, so hes hardly going to scare Sheffield United either!

Firstly it aint my formation as Ive already told you my team/formation. Was it 3 at the back? 

On Reed, he has prove he can forward. Maybe other managers have played him in deeper role like the anchor man in midfield or right wing back.