BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly it aint my formation as Ive already told you my team/formation. Was it 3 at the back? 

On Reed, he has prove he can forward. Maybe other managers have played him in deeper role like the anchor man in midfield or right wing back. 

Apologies, I meant the team you said looked good.

I hope he plays 4 at the back like we both suggested in our teams.

It would still be a negative change. Armstrong deserves to start, certainly not benched in favour of a third centre back.

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I always knew there was 'something about you'! :lol:

Don't worry Tom, I won't let anyone know that Kylie is on in Liverpool tonight - your secret's safe with me!

The plot thickens.

Have the Village People reformed?

Is Tom dusting off the leather chaps! 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is goalscoring part of being box to box though? Roy Keane was a box to box midfielder and he used to score around 3 goals a season 

With a bit of luck not scoring was his past, and his future in blue and white, is loads of goals.

Huge amount resting on Mulgrew being back for this one.

Just watched some Sheffield United match highlights- they really mix up their forward play and have several different corner routines. We are going to have to concentrate the whole match because they have won at least one match scoring in added time at the end.

That said, they also switch off at the back and give the opposition chances.

A bit nervous by the way Mowbray really bigged them up in his press interview- almost as though he expects to lose tonight.

Edited by philipl

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is goalscoring part of being box to box though? Roy Keane was a box to box midfielder and he used to score around 3 goals a season 

Keane in his early career averaged around 5 goals a season.

Reed isn't a box to box midfielder though. He's energetic and can cover ground. He's a classic centre mid, run, tackle pass. Albeit one who is playing out wide to get in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

A bit nervous by the way Mowbray really bigged them up in his press interview- almost as though he expects to lose tonight.

Mowbray's modus operandi appears to be to big up the opposition whenever possible. Only today he was telling everyone what big, ambitious fantastic clubs Villa, Derby, Stoke and Forest are. That sort of language has never sat well with me. I'll cut him some slack as it's results I'm interested in but I don't want to hear the manager of Blackburn Rovers talking about what a big and ambitious club Stoke City are. Not only is it wrong but it is quite insulting.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Pretty sure he will go with Reed at right back. Played there all last season for Norwich and Tony mentioned how he was an option there and that allows him to keep bennett on the wing. Then either armstrong or palmer getting the nod for left mid. 

Edited by AAK

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's modus operandi appears to be to big up the opposition whenever possible. Only today he was telling everyone what big, ambitious fantastic clubs Villa, Derby, Stoke and Forest are. That sort of language has never sat well with me. I'll cut him some slack as it's results I'm interested in but I don't want to hear the manager of Blackburn Rovers talking about what a big and ambitious club Stoke City are. Not only is it wrong but it is quite insulting.

Tbf he was doing it last season with League 1 teams as well. As you say, it just seems to be the way he operates. Maybe he sees it as a way of reducing the pressure on the players. If we win then nobody cares, if we don't then it's seen as Mowbray being over-cautious. I don't pay too much attention to pre-match comments, the only thing that matters is getting it right on the pitch.

• Backroom

A decent enough team, although that centre back pairing really worries me. Disappointing that our future £7m signing is still warming the bench, but then I wouldn't put him ahead of Graham and there isn't anywhere else in the team for him really. 

Starting 11 and bench both look good. In the long term I would like more quality than Evans and Smallwood in the middle but the building blocks are in place. Keep that squad together and replace one or two with some starting 11 quality and next season we could really push for promotion, although stranger things have happened and poorer squads than that have gone up in the past ( Cardiff, Huddersfield, cough Burnley) so a win tonight and I may start to get unnecessarily giddy.

I love watching the rovers again 

COYB 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

A decent enough team, although that centre back pairing really worries me. Disappointing that our future £7m signing is still warming the bench, but then I wouldn't put him ahead of Graham and there isn't anywhere else in the team for him really. 

We would be very, very light on strikers if we didn't have Brereton. I think it's good in a way that we don't need to rely on him yet. Give him time to settle 

25 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Not sure if it points to the wrong starting 11, or a really strong squad. But the bench looks really good for us these days

Not sure Smallwood and Evans are the answer - unless the question in Mowbray’s mind is Championship survival.

Can’t help but feel we have the personnel to be aiming a little higher than that though.

Last time I thought like that we had Rhodes, Gestede, King Cairney, Dunn, Duffy (spit), good Conway, Evans, and Olsson. We were a gk, cb and cm away from promotion.

We have the players for the play-offs, we need to build up some momentum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Derbyshire Blue said:

No sound on ifollow : (

Also no commentary on the listen only option, just the repeated thanks for subscribing to blah blahh.......

Edit. Now just crowd noise on the video

Edit 2: now commentary as well :)

Edited by perthblue02