BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

• Backroom

A little fortunate to go in level, Sheff Utd definitely the better team that half. We're trying but they are doing a good job pressuring us off the ball and are defending in numbers when they need to. We're standing off them too much when they come forward, and because they know how slow we are on the break they're confident enough to throw a lot of players into attack when they're in our half.

We look happy to take a point. If something happens, it happens, but a point is a good one for Mowbray. It's hard to argue with that tonight, but the problem arises when we take that mentality more often than not, especially at home.

Hoping to see Rothwell's drive and half an hour for Brereton in an advanced role. For all their good work, Sheff Utd haven't created many great chances. Opportunities here with the right changes I feel.

Edited by Doaksie

Pragmatic starting eleven play pragmatic football. We are so reliant on graham and dack to give a bit of magic playing this way.

We look like a team thats afraid to lose.

Need to take the handbrake off in this 2nd half

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Mulgrew on for Smallwood. I'd like to see Richie as a squad player now.

He's not been good enough all season, a constant weak link. He gives the ball away so often. Did a job last year but just isn't cut out for this league. It's a shame but Mowbray needs to be realistic about the detrimental effect Smallwood's performances are having on our play. Loyalty can only take you so far.

Just now, DE. said:

He's not been good enough all season, a constant weak link. He gives the ball away so often. Did a job last year but just isn't cut out for this league. It's a shame but Mowbray needs to be realistic about the detrimental effect Smallwood's performances are having on our play. Loyalty can only take you so far.

I think Tonys handling this fairly well.  I think gradually bringing him out is better for the spirit of the squad....I don't know but if he's  a popular lad Tony has to manage it right. Let the lads realise for themselves...I'm happy with mid table and a push next season 

11 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Pragmatic starting eleven play pragmatic football. We are so reliant on graham and dack to give a bit of magic playing this way.

We look like a team thats afraid to lose.

Need to take the handbrake off in this 2nd half

Still waiting for Rothwell to be 'unleashed'... ?