BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

1 minute ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

we need to give brereton time we fit in and adapt to a whole new area/club the witch hunt is mad on him yes i know he will cost 7m but surely we can cancel the deal if it dnt work out i not sure but give him time to settle :)

You can forget that, he's our player. We just start paying for him in the New Year.

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

we need to give brereton time we fit in and adapt to a whole new area/club the witch hunt is mad on him yes i know he will cost 7m but surely we can cancel the deal if it dnt work out i not sure but give him time to settle :)

We CAN'T cancel the Brereton deal as has been said on here numerous times. 

Agree on the witch hunt, yeah he hasn't been good but to be fair best striker in the world would have struggled tonight with the piss poor service

• Backroom
Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

I'm pretty sure that it's been said the deal is basically done, I don't think there's a break clause. If he had cost less money then I'd be willing to cut him much more slack, but I'm sorry, when you bring somebody in for £7m at this level you expect to see something fairly quickly. Let's not use terms like "witch hunt" as it's just a lazy way of dismissing very real concerns about whether this is going to be a good deal for us. As I said, I really hope I'm wrong on this one. I'd love for the guy to be a success and end up worth every penny. Right now though he doesn't look like he's ready to have an impact, and that's going to be a big problem if Graham is suddenly unavailable as we have very few other options.

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible, clueless and lifeless performance. A good job there's an 8 point gap to the bottom 3 because looking at the remaining fixtures this month I don't see where the next point is coming from based on this evening's total no-show. The fact is that Rovers have been outplayed in large parts of many games and when the promotion gloss wears off they could easily fall into big trouble. Brereton offers nothing and it's hard to see why he's been signed at all never mind for £7m.

Just now, DE. said:

I'm pretty sure that it's been said the deal is basically done, I don't think there's a break clause. If he had cost less money then I'd be willing to cut him much more slack, but I'm sorry, when you bring somebody in for £7m at this level you expect to see something fairly quickly. Let's not use terms like "witch hunt" as it's just a lazy way of dismissing very real concerns about whether this is going to be a good deal for us. As I said, I really hope I'm wrong on this one. I'd love for the guy to be a success and end up worth every penny. Right now though he doesn't look like he's ready to have an impact, and that's going to be a big problem if Graham is suddenly unavailable as we have very few other options.

Yeah fair enough i agree with you that it is a worry considering the fee we are paying but it isnt his fault the manager and club decided to pay that out for him.

Sat in Blackburn end row 23 and few behind me screaming  lanky shit every time ball went near him.Graham was also useless today because the service into the front men was either non existent are just terrible.

Mowbray needs to find a position for Rothwell and play him most weeks, we need more quality we have too many soldiers starting every game

31 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Absolutely disgusting performance tonight..Armstrong should be ashamed..half assed disgrace

If you're going to blame anyone for Armstrong, blame the manager for sticking him out on the wing. He obviously needs to be operating more centrally.

Can't understand why when we were struggling desperately with one up front and no support the manager went like for like with the substitution of Graham and did not try two strikers more centrally at any point.

• Backroom
Just now, islander200 said:

Yeah fair enough i agree with you that it is a worry considering the fee we are paying but it isnt his fault the manager and club decided to pay that out for him.

Sat in Blackburn end row 23 and few behind me screaming  lanky shit every time ball went near him.Graham was also useless today because the service into the front men was either non existent are just terrible.

Mowbray needs to find a position for Rothwell and play him most weeks, we need more quality we have too many soldiers starting every game

Aye, I'm not blaming Brereton for being here or being ineffective. That blame lies solely on whoever decided he was going to be our primary reinforcement in attack. There's no doubt he has potential and could come good, I'm not saying he's going to be a total failure and is doomed to disaster. My issue is only that I feel the money needed to be spent elsewhere at this stage in the club's development. Again, not Brereton's fault at all. He's here and should be supported as much as any other player if he's putting the effort in. There aren't many youngsters who could come into this team and have an instant impact, especially with the way we play. That's why we probably would have been better off bringing in a player with more experience who can adapt quickly and give us an advantage in games rather than a player with potential whose confidence is only going to drop when playing and being unable to effect the game in any meaningful way. Much like Nuttall earlier in the season it isn't his fault he's being put in this situation, he's just costing us a hell of a lot more.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

can we cancel the ben deal in  jan i guess not?

Someone will be looking over the small print.

He looks like a player weighed down by expectation at the minute. I don’t think being an impact sub suits him as he is immediately under pressure. He needs a few goes at starting and being allowed to feel his way into a game. He doesn’t seem particularly quick or strong and a point blank header today’s didn’t even force a save from the keeper. It came at him quickly but this is what £6m or £7m brings with it. You need to be better than average.

I couldn’t see a goal coming from anywhere tonight and Armstrong looks to be struggling too.

The big disappointment tonight was Dack. I’d hate to call us a one man team but when Dack doesnt perform we look like a team with plenty of effort but no end product. Rothwell is about the next best option and Mowbray won’t play him.

Labore et Labore.

We were beaten by a better drilled, stronger, fitter side.

• Like 2

Mowbray got it totally wrong tonight. Seemingly showed Sheffield United too much respect, no pressing at all as clearly instructed, and not playing our natural game. Tinkering between formations too.

If Mulgrew is fit for a half why is he not starting? Bizarre.

No idea how Reed got man of the match but why is he taking corners when he is so bad at them?

Brereton spending over 2 minutes tieing his lace summed up his cameo. Think he had his boots on the wrong feet. Ball never stuck and looks so flimsy.

Dack and in particular Armstrong looked like they couldnt be arsed. Nor what their role was. Rothwell showed far more hunger but just kept running into traffic.

I will blame him when he gave the ball away AT LEAST 8 times and alot were basic and down to sloppiness or laziness..he was awful and check my previous posts im no doom merchant. There were a lot of poor performances but he took the biscuit.

Out of our depth against a excellent footballing side.  It was almost as if the players gave up due to lack of ability. Dack and Graham both playing in defense in order to get a game.  Did something upset Brereton?? Why was he tying his laces for so long during play? I'm struggling with why so little effort but maybe my thoughts are confused with an awful night.

Need to draw a line under this quickly. Lets see if we can respond against Bolton.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray got it totally wrong tonight. Seemingly showed Sheffield United too much respect, no pressing at all as clearly instructed, and not playing our natural game. Tinkering between formations too.

No idea how Reed got man of the match but why is he taking corners when he is so bad at them?

Brereton spending over 2 minutes tieing his lace summed up his cameo. Think he had his boots on the wrong feet. Ball never stuck and looks so flimsy.

Dack and in particular Armstrong looked like they couldnt be arsed. Nor what their role was. Rothwell showed far more hunger but just kept running into traffic.

Agree. Performance like tonight lets us down.

• Like 1

As I mentioned earlier TM got it completely wrong with his team selection imo. He needs to completely rethink how he approaches home games for me, it doesnt take a genius to work out that 8 defenders plus 3 attackers and one of those 3 completely out of position on the wing is a recipe for disaster. If we cant turn our home form round we could soon slip back into trouble and from a personal point of view I don't want to waste two hours watching rubbish every other week. What's the point in coming out of the dressing room if you're not going to have a go at home?

Individually despite the plaudits he has received this seasob I cant for the life of me  see what Evans offets other than passing the ball three yards. Zero creativity and barely any use in terms of getting a foot in or disrupting the opposition. Jason Lowe Mk 2. 

At home I'd like us to be a lot more adventurous and a central midfield of Reed and Bennett with Rothwell and Palmer either side would surely provide a lot more energy and creativity and allow us to get the ball up to Dack and Graham or Armstrong or Brereton.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to say I am concerned by Brereton. I can't really see what his quality that he brings to the side. Obviously early days but seems an odd signing on performances so far.

He can't pass the ball to himself.

He's making good runs in to the channels, his teammates just aren't used to anyone doing that and are delaying the pass too long - so it's then not on and it looks like he's run down a blind alley.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nonsense I'm afraid.

Dack came back into DM and took over Evans' job in the first half. By the end of the match he was playing CM trying to get his foot on the ball, so starved of service was he.

Graham had an absolute shocker tonight, I don't think he won a header. Dack and Armstrong (who I don't particularly rate) had nothing to feed off - every long ball was coming straight back and Evans / Smallwood dally on the ball so long that nothing was coming to feet. 

No complaints really tonight. Best side too have come to Ewood this season for me. They controlled the game and out classed and out played them. Too say Forest have spent a bit this summer, Sheff United are twice the team they are. We never looked like breaking them down. Dack was a no show, Graham had no service and when he did win a header they were first too every ball. The same when one of our centre halves won a header, they were always first to the second ball. It just shows you can be successful in this league without splashing the cash. On to the next one we go, we were simply outclassed tonight. 

• Like 4

That was for me the first game this season when we have looked lethargic all over the park, and I include Bristol city away. I found it strange the amount of times, when he came on that Brereton made a run, pointed to where he wanted the ball, only to see it passed somewhere else. I thought eventually he got frustrated and gave up making the runs. It was almost as if the other players where deliberately not passing to him. Anyway onwards and upwards, roll on Saturday.

Edited by rigger
additional comment

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Nonsense I'm afraid.

Dack came back into DM and took over Evans' job in the first half. By the end of the match he was playing CM trying to get his foot on the ball, so starved of service was he.

Graham had an absolute shocker tonight, I don't think he won a header. Dack and Armstrong (who I don't particularly rate) had nothing to feed off - every long ball was coming straight back and Evans / Smallwood dally on the ball so long that nothing was coming to feet. 

It was Reed who dropped into DM. Dack just floated around and generally looked out of sorts. Armstrong was also very poor today.

Very hard to pick out anyone who had a good game.

Mowbray needs to stop meddling with the line up and formation. Stop playing players out of position or altering the formation to suit. Travis can play right back. Stop playing Bennett there. Pick either Bell or Williams, not both.

Pack the midfield to make up for the lack of natural width, we have enough bloody centre midfielders. It will be a brave man to drop Graham for Brereton but pick your best side and preferred formation and stick with them for a few games.

Tonight’s result has been coming.

• Like 3