BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Yep, Jim gets a little deranged at times. Bruce has just been sacked because he's shit. Jim wants him at Rovers. 

Mowbray aint all that. He's created a great team spirit but he's limited as a coach. There's no imagination to our play or even crossing! However he deserves to be allowed to oversee us stabilising as a Championship club.  1 win in  6 at home is probably indicative of how it will go this season but as long as we stay up that's all that really matters. 

I agree to an extent. Our current team is hardworking and functional, rather than exciting and free-flowing, but I don’t think that is Mowbray’s natural or preferred style. 

I have a mate who is a WBA season ticket holder and he raves about Mowbray’s team there - the way they passed and moved, kept possession and tore teams apart.

If you look at some of the players that he has signed - the likes of Rothwell, Davenport, Palmer etc, I think ideally he wants us to play a more possession based style - but he obviously doesn’t trust the players to implement it yet. He spoke early last season about changing his plans and playing a more counter-attacking style as the team suited it more. 

Plus, the current system seems to be getting results so he’d be a fool to ditch it too quickly, but I do expect that he will try for a slow evolution, especially once we’re safe and I imagine that next season we might be a different looking team 

Edited by DaveyB
  • Like 3

Sheffield United outplayed us in every department. Wilder has built a very good side with no superstars and fit into the tactical approach. Every players knows their roles. Really impressive performance. Fan need to give them their credit they deserved

On Rovers, 1st half our performance wasn't good enough but for me, more down to Sheffield united stopping us playing. Norwood stop Dack from playing every time, Sheffield United back 3 of Basham, Egan, O'Connell stop Graham and never allow him to played. Mowbray has to go 3 at the back after half time and match them up cos 4-2-3-1 wasn't helping us and we couldn't stop them. 

At the second half, going 3 at the back switching to 3-5-2 help us more and allow us more of the ball but Graham and Dack couldn't get into the game. So I can understand why Mowbray bring on Brereton on for Graham and try to unlock the Sheffield United defence with movement and pace. But that's didn't work so Mowbray went 4-4-2 with Dack wide right and Rothwell wide left with Brereton and Armstrong up front. To allow Dack more space and trying to get into the game but Sheffield United stopped it again. Mowbray tried everything to get back into the game, and any fan criticising him for doing this need to watch the game back and have a look at yourselves in the mirror! Brereton was making runs and decent ones but we weren't given him the ball. He likes the ball into feet and that's the type of striker he is. 

some of the comments I've read tonight are frankly embarrassing and some people need to have a proper look at themselves

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sheffield United outplayed us in every department. Wilder has built a very good side with no superstars and fit into the tactical approach. Every players knows their roles. Really impressive performance. Fan need to give them their credit they deserved

On Rovers, 1st half our performance wasn't good enough but for me, more down to Sheffield united stopping us playing. Norwood stop Dack from playing every time, Sheffield United back 3 of Basham, Egan, O'Connell stop Graham and never allow him to played. Mowbray has to go 3 at the back after half time and match them up cos 4-2-3-1 wasn't helping us and we couldn't stop them. 

At the second half, going 3 at the back switching to 3-5-2 help us more and allow us more of the ball but Graham and Dack couldn't get into the game. So I can understand why Mowbray bring on Brereton on for Graham and try to unlock the Sheffield United defence with movement and pace. But that's didn't work so Mowbray went 4-4-2 with Dack wide right and Rothwell wide left with Brereton and Armstrong up front. To allow Dack more space and trying to get into the game but Sheffield United stopped it again. Mowbray tried everything to get back into the game, and any fan criticising him for doing this need to watch the game back and have a look at yourselves in the mirror! Brereton was making runs and decent ones but we weren't given him the ball. He likes the ball into feet and that's the type of striker he is. 

some of the comments I've read tonight are frankly embarrassing and some people need to have a proper look at themselves

Glad you've acknowledged your posts. If it was down to you mulgrew would be manager, mowbray would be that sporting director you love to talk about at every club and attendances would be irrelevant becuase they don't suit your agenda.  But then the week after you'd do a 360 on everything. 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray tried everything to get back into the game, and any fan criticising him for doing this need to watch the game back and have a look at yourselves in the mirror!

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've had a look in the mirror and then a proper look and you're right. I've let myself go. 

On the plus side I know what a winger is. Tony doesn't. 

Swings and roundabouts. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What was Mowbray's reasoning behind not starting Mulgrew?

Nobody is saying that Mowbray should be sacked but you don't think he deserves any criticism tonight?It was all down to Sheffield United being a brilliant side and nothing to do with our tactics or team selection?

1 hour ago, Gordon Gekko said:

People saying we should sack Mowbray and bring in Mick McCarthy! Hahaha Jesus get a grip 

some posters on here have lost their brain cells and need to get a grip. 

2 hours ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

can we cancel the deal for ben brereton or we deffo signed him?

why? 

give the guy a chance before writing him off but some people on here had already made their minds up on him before he even came here. He is setting into a new club, new area and need time. Plus he hasn't even been given a run of games he has started in. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The feelgood factor from last season has well and truly gone for me. That's one win out of the last 6 - Steve Bruce was sacked after winning one in 9. We'll finish mid-table at the very best. Is Mowbray the man to talk us forward? Bruce, Mick McCarthy and Sam Allardyce are available - all managers with tremendous records of promotion from this division

Villa expectation this season is promotion and our aim in top half finish/mid table. But sadly you cant recognise this.  

Bruce and McCarthy are unemployed for a reason. Bruce is a money manager and need a cheque book to achieve things. McCarthy's football is out dated and long boring ball. 

suggest you look at yourself and realise what Mowbray has done for this club and the turn around in fortunes of it. I'm sorry to say this but you cant wait to criticise Mowbray this season and you are one of the most negative posters I've ever read on here if not in life. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like the way people identify that Sheffield United are a well drilled team with no superstars and then casually observe that we were thoroughly outclassed on the night by the better side as if we were playing Barcelona or something and it was only to be expected as opposed to being completely unacceptable.

You're entitled to your views as everyone else is entitled to theirs. I'd wager though that if TM tries that starting line up at home again we won't get anything out of those games either regardless of who the opposition is or how good they allegedly are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What was Mowbray's reasoning behind not starting Mulgrew?

Nobody is saying that Mowbray should be sacked but you don't think he deserves any criticism tonight?It was all down to Sheffield United being a brilliant side and nothing to do with our tactics or team selection?

how do I know. 

sorry to say this but people are already managers to replace Mowbray like Jim. 

maybe we should have started 3 at the back and match them. 

Mowbray tried 3 different formations and trying to get Dack into the game. everything failed. Sheffield United stop Graham and Dack from playing. 

what part of the team selection are you unhappy about?

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

give the guy a chance before writing him off but some people on here had already made their minds up on him before he even came here. He is setting into a new club, new area and need time. Plus he hasn't even been given a run of games he has started in. 

Interesting that you didn’t extend the same courtesy to Kasey Palmer, you wrote him off after 3 or 4 games! 

His fault or not Brereton is a huge signing for us, wth that comes expectation and rightfully so.

I’d love to see him get a run of games but at the moment he couldn’t do the job Graham does for the team and Tony favours one up front with Dack, makes you wonder if the right kind of attacker was targeted and would the money have been better spent on someone who would be a natural attacking threat from out wide.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I like the way people identify that Sheffield United are a well drilled team with no superstars and then casually observe that we were thoroughly outclassed on the night by the better side as if we were playing Barcelona or something and it was only to be expected as opposed to being completely unacceptable.

You're entitled to your views as everyone else is entitled to theirs. I'd wager though that if TM tries that starting line up at home again we won't get anything out of those games either regardless of who the opposition is or how good they allegedly are.

The best side Ive seen all season and probably in a few years. 

very impress by Wilder and the team he built since coming into the championship

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Villa expectation this season is promotion and our aim in top half finish/mid table. But sadly you cant recognise this.  

Bruce and McCarthy are unemployed for a reason. Bruce is a money manager and need a cheque book to achieve things. McCarthy's football is out dated and long boring ball. 

suggest you look at yourself and realise what Mowbray has done for this club and the turn around in fortunes of it. I'm sorry to say this but you cant wait to criticise Mowbray this season and you are one of the most negative posters I've ever read on here if not in life. 

Bruce, McCarthy, Allardyce are in the Warnock mould. Pragmatic managers who get results with many promotions on their CV.

I'd have any of them over Mowbray. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

how do I know. 

sorry to say this but people are already managers to replace Mowbray like Jim. 

maybe we should have started 3 at the back and match them. 

Mowbray tried 3 different formations and trying to get Dack into the game. everything failed. Sheffield United stop Graham and Dack from playing. 

what part of the team selection are you unhappy about?

Mulgrew not starting for 1.Don't understand why we would leave our captain and 1 of our best players on the bench,clearly he was fit otherwise he wouldn't have been brought on at half time with the game scoreless.

I also would have started Rothwell in place of Armstrong as i feel Armstrong isn't there yet to be starting in the Championship but his pace is a great weapon to be able to bring on in the later stages of the match.

I would have brought Rothwell on at ht we needed someone who could get a hold of the ball and bring Dack and Graham into it.

It was always going to be hard for brererton to make an impression Graham had spent all game feeding of scraps

They did look decent granted but it's easy to look impressive when the opposition aren't causing you any problem.

• Like 2

Not directed at me so apologies for butting in but a starting line up with three offensive players at home. One of whom was out of position. 

Isn't it obvious?

three offensive? 

every player has a role whether its the defensive side of the game and offensive side. Its funny that we scored 3 away at Stoke as you would say it was 2 offensive players wouldn't you? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Imo you are being over the top with your praise for Sheffield United. They are a good side but we also made them look good, we couldnt string two passes together and we just kept hoofing the ball up to Graham who had 3 defenders around him

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Bruce, McCarthy, Allardyce are in the Warnock mould. Pragmatic managers who get results with many promotions on their CV.

I'd have any of them over Mowbray. 

all 3 unemployed and I would say not 1 of them will get into management game this season.

They did look decent granted but it's easy to look impressive when the opposition aren't causing you any problem.

Just now, islander200 said:

Imo you are being over the top with your praise for Sheffield United. They are a good side but we also made them look good, we couldnt string two passes together and we just kept hoofing the ball up to Graham who had 3 defenders around him

both are you are not given Sheffield united the credit their deserved for tonight. 

we wasn't allow to string 2 passes together by them. they marked Dack out of the game and Graham wasn't allow to win headers or hold the ball up. 

all 3 unemployed and I would say not 1 of them will get into management game this season.

both are you are not given Sheffield united the credit their deserved for tonight. 

we wasn't allow to string 2 passes together by them. they marked Dack out of the game and Graham wasn't allow to win headers or hold the ball up. 

Yeah so why keep hoofing the ball up to Graham then?

Chaddy you are talking like Sheffield United are Barca?I presume you think they will get automatic promotion?

Sheffield united are a good side but we played into their hands too...Mowbray was outwitted tactically and he didnt have an answer.

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mulgrew not starting for 1.Don't understand why we would leave our captain and 1 of our best players on the bench,clearly he was fit otherwise he wouldn't have been brought on at half time with the game scoreless.

I also would have started Rothwell in place of Armstrong as i feel Armstrong isn't there yet to be starting in the Championship but his pace is a great weapon to be able to bring on in the later stages of the match.

I would have brought Rothwell on at ht we needed someone who could get a hold of the ball and bring Dack and Graham into it.

It was always going to be hard for brererton to make an impression Graham had spent all game feeding of scraps

Brereton came on to use his movement. But didn't give him the ball at the right times. He made some good runs but we didn't utilised it. 

You seen my team before the game both Rothwell and Armstrong was in it. But I don't think not having Rothwell in the starting team would have change the result. 

sometimes in sport you have to hold up your hands and said we were beaten by a better team. No shame by that

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is that our aim? Who has declared that as our target? I don't know. What is mid-table? 

Bruce and McCarthy have between them 6 promotions from this league in the last 10 years or so. Not to mention play-off campaigns. McCarthy's football supposedly outdated yet look what is happening to Ipswich now he's gone - they're sinking just as expected. How would you describe our tactics tonight? That was as boring and long ball as I've seen from anyone. 

Mowbray has done well, but we need to focus on the here and now and results/performances this season. I'm less concerned by our defeat tonight as I am by consistently conceding goals and letting points slip from good positions v Ipswich, Villa, Forest and very nearly Stoke which is a big problem that needs sorting out. 

Mowbray was praised after last season because he delivered his target. He has been praised this season after some good results. He will be criticised after a poor result and performance. That's his and the players' job. If there wasn't criticism then we would never learn or improve. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

three offensive? 

every player has a role whether its the defensive side of the game and offensive side. Its funny that we scored 3 away at Stoke as you would say it was 2 offensive players wouldn't you? 

Don't have a problem setting up like that away from home if the thinking is to try and keep it tight and nick a goal.

But surely we have a responsibility to be a lot more proactive and adventurous at home? You can't deny surely that our home record is pretty poor.

Just now, islander200 said:

Yeah so why keep hoofing the ball up to Graham then?

Chaddy you are talking like Sheffield United are Barca?I presume you think they will get automatic promotion?

Sheffield united are a good side but we played into their hands too...Mowbray was outwitted tactically and he didnt have an answer.

Because Sheffield United man marked Dack with Norwood majortity of the game when in the final third. Dack was dropping so deep he was playing into Sheffield United hands. 

They stopping through balls into Graham's feet and we couldn't get wide. 

Have I used the Barcelona in any point Ive made tonight? Ive haven't seen them play all season. 

Mowbray tried 3 different ways of playing tonight and we couldn't break them down saldy. 

Pointing out the bleeding obvious but TM really needs to figure out how to set us up at home far more effectively. Our compact, counter attacking style works well away from home where we’re looking to keep it tight and grab a draw/win by the 1 goal, but it clearly ain’t working at home against superior opposition this season. I fear he’s made a bit of a rod for his own back though with his lack of width recruitment, but he still needs to go for it more with the likes of Rothwell and Palmer.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Is that our aim? Who has declared that as our target? I don't know. What is mid-table? 

Bruce and McCarthy have between them 6 promotions from this league in the last 10 years or so. Not to mention play-off campaigns. McCarthy's football supposedly outdated yet look what is happening to Ipswich now he's gone - they're sinking just as expected. How would you describe our tactics tonight? That was as boring and long ball as I've seen from anyone. 

Mowbray has done well, but we need to focus on the here and now and results/performances this season. I'm less concerned by our defeat tonight as I am by consistently conceding goals and letting points slip from good positions v Ipswich, Villa, Forest and very nearly Stoke which is a big problem that needs sorting out. 

Mowbray was praised after last season because he delivered his target. He has been praised this season after some good results. He will be criticised after a poor result and performance. That's his and the players' job. If there wasn't criticism then we would never learn or improve. 

Look at Mowbray and Waggott comments at the meeting with fans at the last meeting. 

Mid table is about 10th to 14th place roughly. 

I would want either at this club. Don't want that type of manager here. I would know who my 1st 3 choices would be if Mowbray left tomorrow for any reasons and either of them would be on it. or even in my top 5.