BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Utd

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice side. I would be happy to see that. 

I would have Tomlinson on the bench though instead of us having to clone Palmer. Would prefer to see our budget spent on a center half. 

Double type it. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Neither did Dack or Bennett. Theres definitely a balance so I do understand to an extent but I dont think we should be too over cautious either, dropping our best player at the moment would cause a big problem. Hes obviously got the chance to rest up next week so lets get what we can out of him in these next 2 games.

Palmer has gone to being dropped from your squad to having 2 places on the bench? ?

Palmer on bench cos he cover 3 positions as Rothwell is starting the game for me. 

Every position is cover by the bench. 

Also depending on Evan's fitness, Reed could move inside and I reckon Rothwell could get a game.

One thing that is good at the moment though is the amount of options we have, been a long time since we could say that.

• Like 1

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Rothwell Evans Smallwood Reed

Dack

Graham

How can anyone think of dropping Graham? He looks as fit as anything. 

Arma in for Evans if he’s not fit and Reed moved inside.

11 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Rothwell Evans Smallwood Reed

Dack

Graham

How can anyone think of dropping Graham? He looks as fit as anything. 

Arma in for Evans if he’s not fit and Reed moved inside.

Resting not dropping there's a difference.

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

This prediction stuff is easy in the championship with Rovers as long as you predict a draw ?

Blades will come for a shut out and get it.

Rovers 0  Sheff Utd 0

Rovers last 3 games yielded 7-7

Sheffield United last 2 games total 6-4

So sod's law it will be 0-0 but given they leak at the back as well, I am expecting the Blades to come to attack. 

Expecting a very tough game. Cannot recall seeing Rovers beat the Blades that many times over the decades. 

Although we've drawn too many games so far I wouldn't be surprised or too disappointed to see this finish all square.

49 minutes ago, philipl said:

Rovers last 3 games yielded 7-7

Sheffield United last 2 games total 6-4

So sod's law it will be 0-0 but given they leak at the back as well, I am expecting the Blades to come to attack. 

Echo what Jim mk2 says above for some reason I always think dull grinding game when I see Sheff Utd pop up although that's probably not true !  Like you say though I expect a tightening at the back type game from both sides, they come along every now and then.

Edited by tomphil

26 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I've quite a few friends who'll be looking for the bragging rights here. Just my luck if this is the one that breaks the streak.

They're a very good side - a draw wouldn't be too bad at all.

They are a good side, and we have played enough teams who we have considered good sides and have been unfortunate to not be on the winning side against some and have beaten others. 

If we want to be in the promotion mix then i feel we need to be winning this game, if we draw and then don't beat Bolton on Saturday then 2 or 3 points from the last 3 games will be a poor return.

We are unbeaten in 25 games at home and although i respect Sheff United and admire the job Wilder has done il be disappointed if we don't claim 3 points tomorrow.A point would have been ok of we had held on against Forest but if we want to be mixing it with the teams at the top end then i think we need 3 points tomorrow 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

They are a good side, and we have played enough teams who we have considered good sides and have been unfortunate to not be on the winning side against some and have beaten others. 

If we want to be in the promotion mix then i feel we need to be winning this game, if we draw and then don't beat Bolton on Saturday then 2 or 3 points from the last 3 games will be a poor return.

We are unbeaten in 25 games at home and although i respect Sheff United and admire the job Wilder has done il be disappointed if we don't claim 3 points tomorrow.A point would have been ok of we had held on against Forest but if we want to be mixing it with the teams at the top end then i think we need 3 points tomorrow 

Oh I agree, but what we want and what we might get aren't always the same thing!

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Oh I agree, but what we want and what we might get aren't always the same thing!

I agree with that but i dont think if we draw it can be looked on as a good point.

Id possibly find it acceptable on the condition we beat Bolton on Saturday. But a draw tomorrow followed by a loss or draw against Bolton then i wouldn't be happy with a point.

Would anyone else not be surprised to see Lenihan move to right back? Would possibly allow Williams to come back in alongside Mulgrew (although not sure how Tony would feel with one of them playing on the left) and allow Bennett+Reed to remain in midfield. I think Lenihan could do with a spell away from CH for a few weeks after the last few games and this could be a good opportunity to do that.

We may even see 5 at the back with Bennett and Bell as wingbacks and Lenihan, Mulgrew and Williams as the back three.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Would anyone else not be surprised to see Lenihan move to right back? Would possibly allow Williams to come back in alongside Mulgrew (although not sure how Tony would feel with one of them playing on the left) and allow Bennett+Reed to remain in midfield. I think Lenihan could do with a spell away from CH for a few weeks after the last few games and this could be a good opportunity to do that.

We may even see 5 at the back with Bennett and Bell as wingbacks and Lenihan, Mulgrew and Williams as the back three.

I can't see Lenihan being right back , or us switching to a back 3. It will be Bennett or Reed in full back. Do you not know Mowbray at this stage?? :) 

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see Lenihan being right back , or us switching to a back 3. It will be Bennett or Reed in full back. Do you not know Mowbray at this stage?? :) 

Lenihan played right back in spells towards the end of last season when Nyambe was injured. And we all know he likes a back 3. Bennett moving to right back is obviously the most likely scenario but I wouldn’t say Lenihan moving right is out of the question.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Lenihan played right back in spells towards the end of last season when Nyambe was injured. And we all know he likes a back 3. Bennett moving to right back is obviously the most likely scenario but I wouldn’t say Lenihan moving right is out of the question.

Did Lenihan play right back last season? Don't recall that 

I think his love of 3 at the back thing is over stated. We very rarely if at all start games with it and the odd time switch to it mid game

32 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

We dont have the resources at centre back to move Lenihan, hopefully the return of Mulgrew will somewhat settle him. If Lenihan wasnt to play at centre back for whatever reason then I dont feel that he would be anywhere near the reckoning to play anywhere else. Far better options both at right back and in midfield. Also it wouldnt do his confidence much good possibly exposing him out of position 

I certainly wouldnt go to 3 at the back but it was something that crossed my mind the other day that Mowbray may consider to match Sheffield United. Hope not though.

Raya

Bennett       Lenihan         Mulgrew          Williams

Smallwood        Evans

Reed                        Dack                Armstrong

Graham

Subs:Leutwiler, Rodwell, Bell, Travis, Rothwell, Conway, Brereton

Seems as though Mowbray doesn't see Travis as a option at right back looking at his comments.

38 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Bennett       Lenihan         Mulgrew          Williams

Smallwood        Evans

Reed                        Dack                Armstrong

Graham

Subs:Leutwiler, Rodwell, Bell, Travis, Rothwell, Conway, Brereton

Seems as though Mowbray doesn't see Travis as a option at right back looking at his comments.

Agree with that team but have to have Palmer on the bench over Conway or Travis.

• J*B pinned this topic

Think it will be:

Raya

Reed.      Mulgrew. Lenihan  Bell

Bennett.     Evans Smallwood  Palmer

Dack

Graham