BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton vs Rovers

AAK

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

A tough game.  Will be sitting with some Bolton friends.  Fear we will be bored to tears and earn a point in an uninspiring 0-0.

Absolutely no chance we’re keeping a clean sheet, lad...

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

I'd be interest to see how much of the training/coaching time is taken up with  practicing 3 at the back.

We went to that formation at half-time v Sheff Utd, so you'd hope they had practiced the system in training. Didn't appear that way in the manner we conceded the goals.

If that is correct, then are we possibly confusing the players with 2 different systems, rather than focussing on being the best we can in 1 formation? Also it is taking up valuable training time on a system that is yet to work despite numerous attempts.

I'm sure their tiny little footballer brains have the processing power to prepare to play in 2 different formations/systems. 

I would put both goals down to individual players making mistakes by losing concentration and leaving Sharpe unmarked in the box. Absolute rookie move 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely no chance we’re keeping a clean sheet, lad...

With Lowe, Evans and Smallwood in the two midfields, struggling to see where a forward pass will come from !!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Goal fest ahead. 6 goal thriller. 4-2 Rovers. 3-0 up, pegged back to 3-2, then Lowe and behold an own goal by our former Club Captain, the one, the only Mr. Blackburn himself Jaaaassssonnn Lowe!!!! 

I'd take a 1-0 win now. We need to get the show back on the road and we're due a result there.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would put both goals down to individual players making mistakes by losing concentration and leaving Sharpe unmarked in the box. Absolute rookie move 

We were bound to concede eventually as we were just giving them far too much space in the attacking third. There was such a sharp contrast between the two teams. Every time we got forward they were back in shape, surrounding our players and making life difficult. For whatever reason our whole team looked really tired on Tuesday and couldn't match the energy level Sheff Utd had.

I'm travelling from Switzerland for this one. Does anyone know of any minibus/coach places available, setting off from the Great Harwood, Rishton or Accrington area as an alternative to the official away travel? Normally I would travel to away games by train so that I can have a few beers, but that's not an option now due to the bus replacement fiasco. Thanks in advance for any info... 

•  
Edited by SuisseRover

Just now, SuisseRover said:

I'm travelling from Switzerland for this one. Does anyone know of any minibus/coach places available, setting off from the Great Harwood, Rishton or Accrington area as an alternative to the official away travel? Normally I would travel to away games by train so that I can have a few beers, but that's not an option now due to the bus replacement fiasco. Thanks in advance for any info... 

•  

2nd time you've asked this so hopefully someone can help. I can't if that helps!

1 hour ago, DE. said:

We were bound to concede eventually as we were just giving them far too much space in the attacking third. There was such a sharp contrast between the two teams. Every time we got forward they were back in shape, surrounding our players and making life difficult. For whatever reason our whole team looked really tired on Tuesday and couldn't match the energy level Sheff Utd had.

Ya, that was worrying. Mowbray gave them Sunday off training I read hopefully some weren't out on the tear. If it's just fatigue, well it might be time to make a couple of key changes.

Bounce-back-ability!  Thats what we need this weekend to get back on track at the first attempt.  These past few fixtures on paper have looked tough, but we got a few points for them.  However after the international break our next batch look even tougher.  So 3 points would be just the treat this weekend.  Choices in midfield for Mowbray, with Reed, Rothwell pushing for a spot.  Who will get the chop?  As for Bolton, up and down season for them, have taken points off some of the big boys, but stumbled elsewhere.  Hoping we get the latter.  No Bolton fan input...  typical! Bring it Rovers! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm sure their tiny little footballer brains have the processing power to prepare to play in 2 different formations/systems. 

I would blame the 'right back' for both.

If you're the defender and the 'winger' gets the cross in, it's ultimately your fault.

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Really don't know what to expect from this one, but after the showing against Sheffield United I think we'll come out fighting. Just bought my ticket for the game and looking forward to it. Never been to their stadium before.

I’d say enjoy, but the stadium is embarrassingly bad, especially from the inside.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16963718.boss-targets-defensive-improvement-to-address-cross-concerns/?ref=mac

Mowbray targets defensive improvement from crosses. 

Also mention we might go 3 at the back. 

The squad is lobsided for the formation we play

If we dont change to 3 at the back then a lot of TM's signings appear strange and he has probably wasted a good chunk of cash.

He needs to either switch to 3 at the back or abandon the idea and get in players in Jan that suit this 4-2-3-1 better.

3 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

The squad is lobsided for the formation we play

If we dont change to 3 at the back then a lot of TM's signings appear strange and he has probably wasted a good chunk of cash.

He needs to either switch to 3 at the back or abandon the idea and get in players in Jan that suit this 4-2-3-1 better.

The squad is also lobsided to play 3 at the back. We only have 2 natural centre backs who he trusts (Downing is clearly not up to it) otherwise you are bringing in full backs and midfielders to make the numbers up.

It also gives us a problem regarding Nyambe as he is never a wing back, nor is he a centre back. 

Crucially, it hinders Dack in my opinion, he in particular has struggled when we have gone to a back 3, in that we play 2 players in behind Graham, rather than just Dack.