BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton vs Rovers

AAK

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He's not comparing us to Liverpool more that the way Liverpool added van dijk made the difference between Liverpool this season and the one that competed for top four. 

Hear you, but the 2 centre backs are undroppable with tony. And we've spent all our money on 2 strikers who are on the bench every week pal. 

Edited by AAK

Just now, OJRovers said:

Mowbray very honest in the post match interview. Told the players that it wasn't a good enough performance when we were in possession. Not happy with the way we played, but will take the 3 points.

The man is a legend.

Joint 6th despite going through a bad patch is a great start to the season. As Dack said it should have been better, but we'll take it.

Rodwell could be massive for this football club.

Enjoy the 3 points - Saturday night!

It should have been better? For bolton yes

Just now, AAK said:

Hear you, but the 2 centre backs are undroppable with tony. And we've spent all our money on 2 strikers who are on the bench every week pal. 

Now yes but there is a window in January and a whole summer to see how ambitious the club is when it comes to the rebuild.

Just now, AAK said:

No, becuase we've spent 10.5 mil on 2 strikers who are on the bench. We've no money left., it's been wasted. 

I've heard several times from different sources that if we're in the top 10 come January there will be more money to spend and I would imagine, if that's comes to be, that a quality CB would be Tony's first target after a Summer of targetting midfield and forward areas.

I'll take a scrappy away win any day of the week.

Reed definitely should be starting in centre mid over Smallwood from now on.

Palmer did really well for the goal, also Rothwell needs more game time, great player.

Rodders is lacking some match sharpness but showed his ability in patches.

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, OJRovers said:

Mowbray very honest in the post match interview. Told the players that it wasn't a good enough performance when we were in possession. Not happy with the way we played, but will take the 3 points.

The man is a legend.

Joint 6th despite going through a bad patch is a great start to the season. As Dack said it should have been better, but we'll take it.

Rodwell could be massive for this football club.

Enjoy the 3 points - Saturday night!

He's spot on and I'm glad he isn't coming out and saying he's happy with that performance. Three points is great but we need to be much better than that. The mentality after we scored our goal was all wrong. It obviously wasn't the plan, so it's something for Mowbray to analyse and work on during the international break. The Championship is wide open this season and with the right mentality we can potentially have a really good year. There just needs to be much more confidence and self-belief. I have to assume our recent inability to see out games combined with the terrible performances against Derby and Sheff Utd have taken a bit of a toll on the players. Hopefully that can be rectified because there really is nothing to fear in this league. 

• Like 3

Thats a great result, especially after the mauling we took in mid week. A 1-0 win at Bolton is better than I expected and credit to Mowbray for picking that side from the off and then sealing off the win.

I hope all the Rovers fans in Leyland, Wheelton, Adlo and Chorley enjoy that tonight. The Bolton game for them is bigger than burnley, enjoy it ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AAK said:

Now we know you're a troll after the Rodwell line. Do 1 please you silly. 

First half he had a very good game. Very much forward passing and his ball work was good. Tired and rightly taken off as he’d run out of puff. I mean a cup game and 1x u23s practise he did well. Rodwell when fit will be 3x the player than Lenihan is. His past shows he’s capable of that.

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Google puts Bolton as 35 minutes drive from Blackburn. Liverpool at 59 minutes. So, no.

Also, their distance from Lancaster is irrelevant, just their distance from us. Bolton is a derby...it just isn't the derby.

Think you’ve the wrong cut of my jib I was comparing the distance of Wigan the example another poster provided. Appreciate your view on Bolton as I’d imagine it’s an age thing certainly from working there ten years ago there Derby was Man Utd and rivals Bury. Wigan was a casual thought like Rovers. 

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's the troll formerly known as DunnFC. A wrong 'un.

Not sure of what you mean there my friend in regards to “troll” but I can assure you I’m not another poster or imposter! 

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not even sure why he keeps bringing up Preston when the derby in question is Bolton v Rovers. He is Scottish though so I suppose we'll have to humour him. 

PNE is a rival the derby the hate game is Burnley. Yes I’m Scottish and also now live back there most days. English humour well it’s kind of selective isn’t it ?

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shame you’ve no pride in our ancient county Scotland1 (assuming you have some link to Lancashire) going back nearly a 1,000 years until some bureaucrat in the 1970s in London decided to alter the boundaries. 

I’ve no particular interest in Bolton, but considering it’s next to Darwen, it is by definition,  a local derby, end of.

No offence caused Matthew just a reflection on what I’ve percieved.

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

He's spot on and I'm glad he isn't coming out and saying he's happy with that performance. Three points is great but we need to be much better than that. The mentality after we scored our goal was all wrong. It obviously wasn't the plan, so it's something for Mowbray to analyse and work on during the international break. The Championship is wide open this season and with the right mentality we can potentially have a really good year. There just needs to be much more confidence and self-belief. I have to assume our recent inability to see out games combined with the terrible performances against Derby and Sheff Utd have taken a bit of a toll on the players. Hopefully that can be rectified because there really is nothing to fear in this league. 

Well said. It’s very close this year. 

24 minutes ago, AAK said:

Bolton deserved to win the game. What our game plan was I am bewildered to wonder. They were far better than us. We scored and then just more or less said to them "come and score if you think you're good enough" for 60 minutes or so, and they very nearly did score about 5 or 6 times. 

Thought it was as poor as sheff utd game, but we played a team who weren't as clinical. 

Rodwell was atrocious, he said when he came to the club that all his career hes played cm when he is a cb, but he plays cm today. 

Lucky win but I'll take it. 

Obviously had a few pints after the game...

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Idiotic

Care to enlighten me?

We are newly promoted and we’ve just won our second away game on the bounce. 

Yet far to many on here can only rip apart the team and the manager! What is wrong with our supporters? 

Its like they’ve forgotten the last few years and their last memory is of 1995.

Please explain why you agree that Bolton deserved to win?

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, The Big Picture said:

Care to enlighten me?

We are newly promoted and we’ve just won our second away game on the bounce. 

Yet far to many on here can only rip apart the team and the manager! What is wrong with our supporters? 

Its like they’ve forgotten the last few years and their last memory is of 1995.

Please explain why you agree that Bolton deserved to win?

I think he was agreeing with you.

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think he was agreeing with you.

Fair enough but he had to change his comment to make it clearer! Or it could have been me.

ive just logged back on and if you didn’t know the score you would think we had been smashed 4-0 by the majority of the comments! I’ll repeat, what is wrong with our fans???

Edited by The Big Picture
  • Like 5

Fair enough but he had to change his comment to make it clearer! Or it could have been me.

ive just logged back on and if you didn’t know the score you would think we had been smashed 4-0 by the majority of the comments! I’ll trpeat, what is wrong with our fans???

Yeah chill mate, I was agreeing with you that AAK had probably had a few pints after the game

Although I now think it is you who has had a few pints lol

Edited by danger19_80

I’ll repeat, what is wrong with our fans???

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Everybody is delighted with the way the club is on an upward projectory. Everybody is delighted that the shite has been shipped out and we have players to be proud of who we can get behind. Everybody loves tony. You are mistaking analysing individual games with being unhappy with the overall picture

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

I've heard several times from different sources that if we're in the top 10 come January there will be more money to spend and I would imagine, if that's comes to be, that a quality CB would be Tony's first target after a Summer of targetting midfield and forward areas.

Let's all get buzzing from the sources then. Won't happen. 

51 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Sky Sports commentator said this aswell

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I agree with the sentiment but I don't think brereton would have made an impact today. 

That’s my point, surely the team could’ve been strengthened with first team regulars rather than one potential good player that doesn’t get on from the bench. It’s a very weird signing 

• Like 1