BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton vs Rovers

AAK

A Rovers fan posted this on twitter and I asked could I posted it here, said yes. 

Once again, today proved we have a manager that we need to be grateful for the fact that he is at our club. Feet on the ground, not getting carried away with an away from home victory. Praise where it’s due, but demanding and promising better. This is a top man. #Rovers

• Like 2

Winning football matches is primarily why Blackburn Rovers exist. The vast majority of things that happen at the club are generally governed by results. Today was a cause to feel good as we won at a ground that has been a bit of a graveyard for us for some time now. However winning doesn't preclude any criticism and I defy any Rovers fan of sound mind to tell us they didn't envisage an equaliser. Our best period of play was up until we scored and then we slowed the pace down, misplaced passes and were getting caught in possession. The chat at halftime was that we wouldn't see to much of the action at the end which we were behind and how right we were. In all honesty I was baffled by this change in mindset as I honestly thought we could have comfortably got another goal if we pushed forward. Instead we sat back and invited pressure. There are times when we really get put through the wringer by Mowbrays teams and today was one of them.

Mowbray used 'win ugly' in his post match interview and he was bang on the money. With three tough matches before the end of October today's win was vital but I would love to coast home in the last ten minutes of a game without having my nerves shredded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

A Rovers fan posted this on twitter and I asked could I posted it here, said yes. 

Once again, today proved we have a manager that we need to be grateful for the fact that he is at our club. Feet on the ground, not getting carried away with an away from home victory. Praise where it’s due, but demanding and promising better. This is a top man. #Rovers

In the strongest terms possible....absolutely this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Think you’ve the wrong cut of my jib I was comparing the distance of Wigan the example another poster provided. Appreciate your view on Bolton as I’d imagine it’s an age thing certainly from working there ten years ago there Derby was Man Utd and rivals Bury. Wigan was a casual thought like Rovers. 

Wigan comes in a whopping 3 minutes further than Bolton.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree with us going 3 at the back at half time but looking back it really work well and stop them dominated us in the air. Rothwell and Rodwell going off I was surprise at but understand why Evans and Smallwood came on to make us more solid. I think we will start to see 3 at the back abit more to keep clean sheets and keep points on the board against teams who play very direct style

I disagree Chaddy. Going 3 at the back didn't work really well. It stifled us going forward so much that we hardly got out of our own half. The 3 men at the back may have helped keep the clean sheet due to sheer numbers at the back, but we still got dominated in the air. The 'penalty' came from a knock down, they had another offside given against them in injury time after they had knocked it down, Wheater got his head on 2 corners, they won the vast majority headers and flick ons from the long balls from the back. We will get dominated in the air regardless of system until we're get alternative personnel at the back. All I've ever seen 3 at the back do for Rovers in the last 18 months is disrupt out attacking influence. 

• Like 1

Bolton is obviously sly a local derby but I don't class them as a local rival. I don't like losing any game but I particularly don't like losing the Burnley or Preston games. Bolton is like losing to Oldham or Stoke.

Wigan fall in the same category although with some of their current staff and with  last season it would be good to get one over on them.

Edited by Hasta

We as rovers fans are very fickle, when we got relegated I totally feared the worst for my club, but now feel entitled to criticise when we beat Bolton in the championship to go joint 6th. 

However am going to criticise anyway haha. 

The centre back situation should’ve been addressed in the summer, I’d have taken a 3.5 solid centre back and a 3.5 striker as opposed to Brereton who I haven’t been impressed with whatsoever so far. Asking graham to play 90 mins all season is a recipe for disaster. 

Armstrong doesn’t look like he is going to be physical enough to be a decent champ player sadly, he has never shown it. I can see him being a league 1 legend but not champ success. 

Lenihan cam look solid for 85 mins then a completed bombscare and over physical for the other 5, I fear a pen more from him than Hanley which is saying something. 

Palmer looks like he has a bit of skill about him but so lazy and slack at times, mowbray pulls his hair out with him so it’s surprising he signed him. 

Dont want to be completely negative so dack is my favourite rover in many a year although he needs to learn how to be effective when closely marked. 

I’m quite happy with Rodwell and see a player in there, looks like he want to knuckle down here to me.

reed is excellent and if we have any money left over he would be my first signing, love his energy

rothwell is a player, he glides over the park and can ping a pass. If he can develop a killer ball, a shot and a bit more physical attributes he will be a prem player. Joy to watch at times. Glad we took him over Payne. 

• Like 5

I was amazed at Mowbray's team selection and very pleased in the way it worked. OK, we lost momentum as Bolton came back at us. But that starting 11 needs to be repeated over and over again until they gel properly and dominate the opposition for longer.

Never thought TM would pick such a team. I feel great tonight.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AAK said:

Surprise, Gav likes your post, the most one sided idiot I've ever come across. No i haven't, they were better, simple really, unless you're a numpty, or youre Gav, in which case you're numpty. 

AAK, I can't believe you have posted 12 negative posts in the past hour. Are you not pleased Rovers won at Bolton of all places which has become such a graveyard in recent meetings?

Bolton deserved to win?! Do you really mean that statement?

It wasn't the fast flowing style of Man City I grant you but we played well in large parts of the game and restricted them to few chances.

I think you should try to enjoy the taste of victory whenever it comes along.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, AAK said:

Surprise, Gav likes your post, the most one sided idiot I've ever come across. No i haven't, they were better, simple really, unless you're a numpty, or youre Gav, in which case you're numpty. 

You really are striving for the most negative miserable poster of 2018. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Winning football matches is primarily why Blackburn Rovers exist. The vast majority of things that happen at the club are generally governed by results. Today was a cause to feel good as we won at a ground that has been a bit of a graveyard for us for some time now. However winning doesn't preclude any criticism and I defy any Rovers fan of sound mind to tell us they didn't envisage an equaliser. Our best period of play was up until we scored and then we slowed the pace down, misplaced passes and were getting caught in possession. The chat at halftime was that we wouldn't see to much of the action at the end which we were behind and how right we were. In all honesty I was baffled by this change in mindset as I honestly thought we could have comfortably got another goal if we pushed forward. Instead we sat back and invited pressure. There are times when we really get put through the wringer by Mowbrays teams and today was one of them.

Mowbray used 'win ugly' in his post match interview and he was bang on the money. With three tough matches before the end of October today's win was vital but I would love to coast home in the last ten minutes of a game without having my nerves shredded. 

But that is what being a Rovers fan is all about, even to the point of how we won the premier league, remember Anfield.

16 minutes ago, renrag said:

Heard an interesting stat tonight which, if true, is amazing when considering who was in charge for most of 2016/17.The last time Rovers lost after leading at half time was in 2015

Yes Brentford at home March 2015. Lost 3-2 after being 2-1 up at HT. Also happened month before at home to Norwich but not happened since!

Glad to see us win and that is the main thing.

The performance however was poor and for me Mowbray has got very, very lucky as the change to 3 at the back seemed to confuse and hinder more than it did help. Bolton are a really poor side and I think they will be there or thereabouts in terms of relegation, and I think theyd have struggled regardless of what changes we made at half time. I'm glad that Mowbray acknowledged that the performance was poor and I'm sure he recognises that his tactical changes were a major part of that. That said, I will remain consistent, I've been left disappointing after a game a few times this season after weve thrown away games, and despite the performance, im happy tonight because we have 3 points, and thats the main thing.

Going forward, Mowbrays initial 11 was very brave but it was a midfield cobbled together for the first time, and so it showed, similar to when a team is put together in a cup competition, there is no familiarity or chemistry there.

Raya made 2 or 3 very good saves, him and Mulgrew who was again a colossus were our 2 best players.

Going forward we were pretty ineffectual, to be honest part of that is based on the fact that the front 4 have I dont think ever played together before. Dack was poor, not for the first time this season to be honest. He keeps poaching goals however, and they are the main thing for an attacking player before anything else, no matter what people say. Palmer did all the main work for the goal and proved his worth in the team just with that superb run and perseverance when I thought he was going to go down. 

Rodwell was pretty good for a debut and I think I would start him with Evans v Leeds who did ok when he came on too.

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Sign Rodwell up - just not on 70kpw :)

Like what I see so far. 

Agreed. If we can get him really match fit, and keep his focus and desire hot, then he’ll be head and shoulders above most in this division. Good win today - result was important rather than the performance with 3 very tough games coming up.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The performance however was poor and for me Mowbray has got very, very lucky as the change to 3 at the back seemed to confuse and hinder more than it did help. Bolton are a really poor side and I think they will be there or thereabouts in terms of relegation, and I think theyd have struggled regardless of what changes we made at half time. I'm glad that Mowbray acknowledged that the performance was poor and I'm sure he recognises that his tactical changes were a major part of that. 

Rodwell was pretty good for a debut and I think I would start him with Evans v Leeds who did ok when he came on too.

How did it confuse and hinder the team? Can you explain further? 

Surely his tactical changes help us get the 3 points? We defending their long balls better second half and stop their striker winning the ball in the air as much? 

The performance attacking wise for the last 60 mins wasnt good enough but at least we were good defensively and won a different way. 

I agree with Rodwell starting next game