BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton vs Rovers

AAK

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On general sale now with only 600 sold to season ticket holders and 1875.

As I said on page 1, Rovers fans just don’t pay £30, especially not when on Sky (plus train issues this time to compound it).

Looks like the good numbers we had at Stoke won’t get close to being matched down the road at Bolton - says a lot.

Makes no sense charging that much. We’ll probably get it up to around 1500 hopefully but can’t see many more than that. Even with it being on Sky if it was £20 a ticket we’d have shifted 3-4K easily. Every penny matters to Bolton at the minute so it’s them who’s missing out. I’m working till 3 next Saturday was tempted to get a ticket and go over from work when I finish but I’m not sure.. One of my best away days at Bolton was a Sunday game which was on sky when Roberts got a last minute winner. Wasn’t many Rovers there that day and it’s still one of my favourite away days so screw it. I’ll be there, but I can see why numbers are so low. 

15 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

For Clubs like us and Bolton prices are not sustainable anymore with the Sky saturation coverage....something has to give,and it will!

As a general point saturation or not nothing will be done. It's very hard to see what will give or when. I've railed against Sky and it's impact on the game for a couple of decades now. My objections are the impact on what is laughingly described as "English" football, Murdoch and the impact on the country through this media control.

None of this will stop. My wife is a huge tennis fan, to watch professional tennis one is forced to subscribe to Amazon - a detestable company which exploits its workforce paying minimal UK taxes while generating massive profits from its UK operations.

Football fans have by and large lapped up Sky without question. It does not stack up to express outrage at ticket prices and watch the game in the pub! Anyone who truly cares about this should cancel Sky subscriptions, stop watching broadcast football and let Sky and the publican know why.

Football lapped up Sky, greed destroyed the English game. It's a bit rich, and too late, to complain about the price of Bolton tickets. It's all self-inflicted reflecting very badly on all involved in administering the game.

The exploitation and control of many aspects of our lives by Amazon, Sky, Fox, Walmart etc. continues largely unchallenged by those who buy their products.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Not everybody charges Bolton prices though. £20 at West Brom next month. Still many clubs charging reasonable-ish prices, a certain few have lost the plot.

On your general point, who knows where pay TV and Sky in particular now goes in regards to football with Murdoch gone and a US corporation now in situ. 

Just a business thing with Bolton trying to maximize the guaranteed takings they know it'll be 15k so they want as much as possible from that. A good few of theirs turn out for this that don't turn out for most others so they are fleecing the one off crowd as well.

Both clubs should revert back to the cheap pricing for this a get 18/20k on and the extra takings and feel good factor that goes with it but they are drawing their budgets up pre season to squeeze every penny out now.

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Its round the corner, why are trains putting people off so much?

The distance is irrelevant. I know lots of fans who travel by train everywhere so they can have a drink invariably in a town centre before and after the match. The rail replacement option just doesn't cut it for many.

5 hours ago, Paul said:

As a general point saturation or not nothing will be done. It's very hard to see what will give or when. I've railed against Sky and it's impact on the game for a couple of decades now. My objections are the impact on what is laughingly described as "English" football, Murdoch and the impact on the country through this media control.

None of this will stop. My wife is a huge tennis fan, to watch professional tennis one is forced to subscribe to Amazon - a detestable company which exploits its workforce paying minimal UK taxes while generating massive profits from its UK operations.

Football fans have by and large lapped up Sky without question. It does not stack up to express outrage at ticket prices and watch the game in the pub! Anyone who truly cares about this should cancel Sky subscriptions, stop watching broadcast football and let Sky and the publican know why.

Football lapped up Sky, greed destroyed the English game. It's a bit rich, and too late, to complain about the price of Bolton tickets. It's all self-inflicted reflecting very badly on all involved in administering the game.

The exploitation and control of many aspects of our lives by Amazon, Sky, Fox, Walmart etc. continues largely unchallenged by those who buy their products.

Sky has just be bought out by some America company but I haven't follow the story closer tbh. 

If you want to watch Sports or movies or your favourite tv shows then you need Sky/Sky Sports. Netflix or Amazon. I have all 3 and all the family watched them. 

I loved watching football every week, Watching England at cricket, NFL and watching golf then Sky Sports is must. Why would I cancel my subscription and not be able watch them? 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sky has just be bought out by some America company but I haven't follow the story closer tbh. 

If you want to watch Sports or movies or your favourite tv shows then you need Sky/Sky Sports. Netflix or Amazon. I have all 3 and all the family watched them. 

I loved watching football every week, Watching England at cricket, NFL and watching golf then Sky Sports is must. Why would I cancel my subscription and not be able watch them? 

You've missed my point entirely which is football clubs, in general, no longer give a damn about the fans. If £30 can be charged a club will. This is very easily traced through the modern game back to TV money. I'm not asking you to give up anything, you don't seem to have complained about price, but I suggest anyone unhappy about prices, KO times, away fixture scheduling might think twice before going to the pub to watch the game. Football fans embrace Sky until the cost or KO time doesn't suit.

It's too late, the horse has bolted.

What your post demonstrates very clearly, thank you, is the total control the major sports bodies have given to the broadcasters in exchange for their gold. And what have those bodies done with that money which benefits fans and grassroots? Nothing.

Every aspect of English football has been sold to the highest bidder. In two weeks time it looks very likely Wembley Stadium will be sold to Sahid Khan, Fulham's owner, so he can move his American football team there!!!!! Wembley, arguably the world's most iconic stadium, is being sold by the English FA.

Wembley cost £757m to rebuild. It's under offer for £600m. Do I hear a word of protest? No. Not only is the stadium likely to be sold, it will be sold at a loss.

The ills fans complain about result from football's greed yet so many support this through Sky, Amazon etc. subscriptions. We can't have it both ways.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

The distance is irrelevant. I know lots of fans who travel by train everywhere so they can have a drink invariably in a town centre before and after the match. The rail replacement option just doesn't cut it for many.

Yeah I get that, I go by train to most aways. Its easy enough to round the troops up and organise a minibus or a coach though which let's you do that. 

Excuse after excuse with our fickle fans. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

You've missed my point entirely which is football clubs, in general, no longer give a damn about the fans. If £30 can be charged a club will. This is very easily traced through the modern game back to TV money. I'm not asking you to give up anything, you don't seem to have complained about price, but I suggest anyone unhappy about prices, KO times, away fixture scheduling might think twice before going to the pub to watch the game. Football fans embrace Sky until the cost or KO time doesn't suit.

It's too late, the horse has bolted.

What your post demonstrates very clearly, thank you, is the total control the major sports bodies have given to the broadcasters in exchange for their gold. And what have those bodies done with that money which benefits fans and grassroots? Nothing.

Every aspect of English football has been sold to the highest bidder. In two weeks time it looks very likely Wembley Stadium will be sold to Sahid Khan, Fulham's owner, so he can move his American football team there!!!!! Wembley, arguably the world's most iconic stadium, is being sold by the English FA.

Wembley cost £757m to rebuild. It's under offer for £600m. Do I hear a word of protest? No. Not only is the stadium likely to be sold, it will be sold at a loss.

The ills fans complain about result from football's greed yet so many support this through Sky, Amazon etc. subscriptions. We can't have it both ways.

Agree with the rest of your posts in this thread Paul but Wembley stadium ceased to be iconic when the bulldozers started up in 2002, what is being potentially sold is a very very expensive over budget white elephant with no soul that any Tom Dick and Hotspur can play at for a price . Probably why there is no outcry.

The ticket price is a bit much, for me though its a lack of trains thats off putting. Those replacement buses will be a nightmare.

A couple of good home results this week though and i think we still might get close to the 2000 or so being sold.

Edited by MarkBRFC

9 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Agree with the rest of your posts in this thread Paul but Wembley stadium ceased to be iconic when the bulldozers started up in 2002, what is being potentially sold is a very very expensive over budget white elephant with no soul that any Tom Dick and Hotspur can play at for a price . Probably why there is no outcry.

Yes, you're right. It isn't iconic any longer but I have to try and ramp up the emotion!! ?

• Like 1

This is one were I have to juggle quite a lot around to get to the 5.30pm kick off ..

£30 is a bit high but it's in my budget as to what I would pay for fuel and food on a average away game but so I won't need to be buying food and I am not to far away for it to drastically affect my fuel bill. If anyone is struggling to get there and back I have a couple of spare seats and I can pretty much go the Rochdale side  or Burnley side to get there both routes are pretty similar mileage and time wise ...

• Like 2

A good surge in sales once on open sale which indicates plenty non ST holders fancy it with their mates and all that goes with local games.  Going to be 2k plus which is a good effort in the end despite the usual flak we'll get.

I think i'd pay 50 quid to see these lot given a going over on their own patch for once we are badly due a win there !

On 28/09/2018 at 07:39, Paul said:

The exploitation and control of certain aspects of our lives by VENKY'S continues largely unchallenged by those who buy their products.

12 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

The exploitation and control of certain aspects of our lives by VENKY'S continues largely unchallenged by those who buy their products.

Very true. The major difference being we have a choice with Amazon et al which we don't at Rovers - there is nowhere else to support our team and other than boycotting individuals can have little or no impact.

2,000 sold as of lunchtime. By my reckoning that's the full 4 blocks behind the goal in the lower tier now full. Perhaps another couple of hundred or so left before segregation in the lower tier. Assuming those sell out in the next couple of days will they bother opening the upper tier or will they just take tickets off sale?

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

where is a good place to park up coming from the M61?

We usually park at the Barnstormers pub or in that area, coming from the M61 pass the ground on your left and do a right onto an industrial estate.