BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Expectations for the season

Think if the team is to be improved in areas that are lacking. You've got to look at the wide areas. You can argue for an extra forward but there won't be one brought in after buying Brereton.

Centre defence is also an area as at the moment we don't have a natural defender there. Everyone is converted from another position and even though they've done well. It's better safe than sorry to get someone experienced in.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

The questions what does TM have to do to the squad to improve it in January to take us on to the next level, the level that puts us in the top 8?

For me, we need another central defender and we definitely need a left sided midfielder whilst a Premier League lean forward wouldn’t go amiss!

Rovers are up there on merit and if we can get another 10 points on the board pre Christmas it would make for happy reading, even more so if we can beat Rotherham, nobbers and pie eaters before the end of this month! not too much to ask I know??

It’s really up to the players to see just how far we can go, teamwork and the current work ethic has to get us through the winter months and then come spring they can take the final leap to the promised land [and then venkys intervened]??

We need centre defender in and winger. Bauer and Freeman? 

Wouldnt say much more to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think right back a problem and I would used Brereton up front

A right back will be a problem if Nyambe gets a long term injury as Bennett has shown not to be the answer there. We have competition at left back why not at right back?

You may use Brereton up front but the manager says he sees him playing wide and in that case we need another striker. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

A right back will be a problem if Nyambe gets a long term injury as Bennett has shown not to be the answer there. We have competition at left back why not at right back?

You may use Brereton up front but the manager says he sees him playing wide and in that case we need another striker. 

We have to agree to disagree on the right back situation. 

Ive put my opinion on Brereton on here whilst I understand what Mowbray is saying. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We've already got Nyambe, Reed, Bennett and Travis who can play right back.

Travis rarely makes the squad these days and has always been used in midfield by Mowbray other than in the exceptional circumstances at West Brom. Reed has never played at right back for us and why would we want to lose his energy and quality from the midfield. As for Bennett he has shown in Nyambe's absence that he is not good enough back up at this level. Nyambe is the only play on the books whose best and natural position is right back.

• Like 1

Rightly or wrongly expectations have increased since the start of the season , in August I would have been more than happy finishing between 18th-12th , now after a 3rd of the season I would be disappointed not to finish top 10 

We need a left back  , Williams nor Bell seem to be good enough Imo , better quality back up at C/b  and a winger in January and that for me would  cement a top 10 finish , of course that could all change if we lost Dack ?

• 5 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:13, blueboy3333 said:

57 points and 16th. 

Mowbray won't get us promoted playing the way he does at home. Ever. 

We will continue to do well away from Ewood. 

3 points off and would have been 16th but for the Brum 9pt deduction. 

I may have been slightly out with the away performances ?

• Like 1