BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

Almost 2 weeks away from what should be a brilliant occasion, if our fans come out in numbers to compete with a 7,700 strong, vociferous Darwen End full of 'Leeds Scum'.

Few would have thought that at the start of the season this could have been such a pivotal game in the context of the season overall.

I sincerely hope that TM throws caution to the wind to a degree and that we attack Leeds in the manner that we all know we are capable. Show too much respect and a central midfield pairing of Smallwood and Evans and I fear we'll get turned over.

I hope there's 25,000 plus on the day, here's hoping!

COYB!  WE ARE The Rovers!!..............

Just now, JHRover said:

At 12 noon I think we'll do well to get more than 20,000 on including the 7,600 from Leeds.

I wouldn't disagree JHR but with a bit of forward planning and thought's 'outside of the box', a great day could be made of it. Meet for brunch at 9.30ish, couple or 3 pints, game and then organise some sort of function for the late afternoon afterwards. I live in hope I know but..................................

I can't see 25k on but maybe 22-23 is the best we can expect.

What we need to do is get at the from the off and do what we can to shut them 7,000 up. 

It'll be a tough game this, if that's not stating the obvious, but we've got to back ourselves and be on the front foot. They'll come with their usual confidence & swagger but I think it's brittle and they'll collapse if we approach this right.  They've got a few injuries to cope with, plus yesterday they had Ayling sent off and Jansson ought to cop a ban for his post match comments about the ref, so they may be relying on a few square legs in round holes themselves - something we'll need to make the most of.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Cat A with Sky red button will attract similar home numbers to the Villa game you’d think. So a crowd of under 20,000.

I'm glass half full Matty, you're half empty! buck up!

Sadly you're likely to be proved correct, sad as it may be.

Unfortunately we just didn’t sell enough season tickets to be expecting those kinds of figures, simple as that Darrenrover.

Who knows a decent run till December and we many sell a fair few half STs...

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I wouldn't disagree JHR but with a bit of forward planning and thought's 'outside of the box', a great day could be made of it. Meet for brunch at 9.30ish, couple or 3 pints, game and then organise some sort of function for the late afternoon afterwards. I live in hope I know but..................................

If the game was at 3pm like it would have been up until 3-4 years ago then I reckon 24,000+, but at noon less will want to do it. Oh well, Rovers' choice. 

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

There are so many things to consider regarding our potential support and the club needs to get their heads out of their arses, consider them and do something about it: let's not kid ourselves, there still remains a good number that still won't set foot back in Ewood until they are happy with a formal explanation that Venkys have not raped and pillaged our club but that it was down to other 'dark forces' and that the 'stain' has now gone. I spoke personally to 2 groups of acquaintances  this week that are in this category, their attitude surprised me in honesty but I respect it nonetheless. They regularly take in away games by the way. The other issue is regarding the match day pricing and surcharge attached to paying on the day, it's ridiculous. We need all the fans we can muster given our demography, never mind penalising those that take a decision to attend, last minute, on the morning of the game.

Starting eleven for the game:

I'd personally like to see something on the lines of this (admittedly injuries may enforce some changes):

Raya

Nyambe      Lenihan        Mulgrew            Bell

Rodwell

Bennett   Rothwell  Reed

Dack

Graham

I'm really excited at our prospects and so chuffed that we've got some pride back.

COYB!!

I've hated them ever since they turned up at Ewood and chanted their way through Matt Busby's minute of silence. I dislike them even more after listening to them whine and whinge their way through the game on Saturday. They claimed to be hard done to for every decent decision the ref made. 

...I do like that Leeds fan on the Undateables though.

• Like 2

Keep this at 3pm and make it 20 quid all round then get 22k+ on and have a cup tie atmosphere and maximum home support for the boys in blue and white...

or

Move kick off to lunch alienating your home support that might not be able to make it, discourage potential walk ons and make it like a home game for Leeds because you know you'll get 6k+ at Cat A prices coming over from the big city.

Embarrassing from the club really but fleece the easy targets and sod the rest is the order of the day, shame this used to be big crowds and belting atmospheres. Pity the local plod can't handle big crowds anymore ....

Anyway we've lost one, won one so likely this'll be back to a draw but like a rare win at Bolton there's nothing sweeter than a win over these loudmouth plonker waving billy big times.

Shove it up em Rovers

Rovers 2  Leeds  1

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Doubt we will get near Leeds.

Leeds to deliver a footballing master class and win by at least two clear goals.

He's back. 

But he's probably right. Another managerial failure by Mowbray akin to the Sheff Utd no-show and it could be 3 or 4. 

11 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

There's a huge number of people going away who don't go Ewood. This goes back to Mowbray's first game at Burton on that Friday night. Don't think the club can do anything about this.

Maybe time for the club to start targeting the non ST away support from big followings with some sort of incentive to get to a home game ?

Wouldn't be thousands obviously but if it would encourage a few hundred it's a start, I bet around half the following at Bolton were non ST holders and plenty non regulars.

12 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

There's a huge number of people going away who don't go Ewood. This goes back to Mowbray's first game at Burton on that Friday night. Don't think the club can do anything about this.

I think its naive to say that the club "cant do anything." Waggott seems to have taken that attitude and tries to fleece the fans that still go, and roll out the red carpet for away fans. But there are numerous controllables hindering the chance of a bigger crowd v Leeds, as have been touched on:

- Season ticket sales being lower than targeted due to a price risen, so theres a disadvantage to begin with.

- Kick off being unnecessarily moved

- Surchage giving people a reason not to buy last minute.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Turn riverside into standing and make it £15 a go. Kids a fiver

That would empty the BBE and you'd have three thousand people running at the away end when we score. Leeds would be in it like a shot like back in the day... ?

Be a good atmosphere under that low roof though !

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Exactly one of my points in question.

Why can the club not do anything about it? Why not ask the question, what would entice them back to Ewood for starters.