BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They will it add it last minute, they did the same for the Bristol Ciy/Sheff Wed game yesterday.

Exactly, they won't advertise it as there seems to be some sort of agreement or rule in place that they don't but I'm sure it will appear on the day when most people have bought their tickets.

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Doubt we will get near Leeds.

Leeds to deliver a footballing master class and win by at least two clear goals.

You're still upset we beat Bolton aren't you? 

Rovers to beat Leeds with a hoofball masterclass and 7.5k gobshytes to cry their way back over the Pennines. (after attacking the police, obviously) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, starscascade said:

Don't thinkso..the Chelsea game is a mid-day kick off and Red button is meedweek only

No it isn't. Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday was on the red button yesterday afternoon, though not advertised very well. You have to go onto the Sky Football channel where they were showing highlights and then press the red button. You wouldn't know it was on without trying it.

Same when we played at Bristol City earlier this season on Sunday lunchtime.

The curfew on live games only applies for 3pm kick offs, I think.

When we played at Bristol is was early days in the season and there was no confirmation of the red button service until the Thursday or Friday before when it suddenly appeared on Sky's website. I suspect that was deliberate to avoid significantly reducing the crowd.

Edited by JHRover

I think this game will show us what TM currently thinks his strongest 11 is.

Everyone will be well rested after the break and its a really tough game. As long as we have no injries, this is where most of the players find out where they stand

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

I think this game will show us what TM currently thinks his strongest 11 is.

Everyone will be well rested after the break and its a really tough game. As long as we have no injries, this is where most of the players find out where they stand

Or he will go into the game with a negative mindset and play the soldiers rather than the artists. 

Love Mogga and the job he has done but i hope he approaches the game with positivity, we are a much better side when we take the game to the opposition imo.

I don't care who we are playing, at home we should be playing our attackers.I feel Mowbray will go for Smallwood and Evans in the middle and either Bennett or Reed playing wide of the 3 behind Graham with the other playing rb.

• Like 2

Yes tough but the sort of game Mowbray and the lads will be up for. 

Result depends on who wants it most- we did against Bolton but turned into Blades Appreciation Society v Sheff U.

If we go for it, we can certainly win regardless of the away support. Long had an inkling we would win this and lose unluckily at Elland Road. Penalty to be awarded for us as a nice change- Lenihan drawing a foul from a corner....

Gate officially 21,000 and over 22,000 if Leeds find a way of infiltrating...

I've seen Leeds a few times this season and they're a good side, full of running with a bit of quality thrown in for good measure, but they've only won 2 of the last 7.

I'd put Leeds in the same catagory as Derby and Sheff Utd, so I'd take a draw now, 1-1.

Edited by Gav

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've seen Leeds a few times this season and they're a good side, full of running with a bit of quality thrown in for good measure, but they've only won 2 of the last 7.

I'd put Leeds in the same catagory as Derby and Sheff Utd, so I'd take a draw now, 1-1.

Think the main reason is injuries for their recent downturn in form. Hernandez, Roofe, and Bamford to name 3 have been injured recently and that would hurt anyone.

5 hours ago, wolfie said:

Tempted to break my boycott just to see a Biesla team (but probably wont)

So you won't support rovers because you won't give venkies any of your money but would consider paying venkies  to watch another team because of who there managed by ?

• Like 8

I think to be honest we will pick a very defensive team for this - pack the midfield with all of Bennett, Evans, Reed and Smallwood. Only introduce Rothwell, Armstrong and Palmer as the game wears on.

Not what I would do, but I think that's Mowbrays MO against the top sides.

Wildcard would be Rodwell if he is considered fit. Could take Smallwoods place if so.

• Like 1

Raya

Lenihan     Mulgrew      Williams

Bennett                                                               Bell

Reed        Rodwell        Evans

Dack

Graham

Leutwiler, Downing, Smallwood, Palmer, Rothwell, Armstrong, Brereton