BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Women

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I can imagine those in office looking at this team and the performances and thinking just how much they fooked up. Come on ladies ram it straight down their pompous throats

Tbh, I bet they couldn’t give a stuff.

When I see them mentioned in the media they are referred to as "Blackburn Ladies". No mention of "Rovers" at all. Can They change their name to "Blackburn Rovers Lasses". That sounds almost as good as "Guiseley Vixens"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s ridiculous what happened to the ladies team last season. It has put fire in their bellies but it must be bittersweet with every hammering the dole out.

The football authorities are just rank bad at their jobs, yet they have the gall to bang on about integrity in the game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw a tweet from our Blue Eyed friend about hearing a rumour about the women’s team being scrapped.

I heard something similar at Birmingham t’other week. Something about not wanting to pay the additional costs that having a Championship team would entail...

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Just saw a tweet from our Blue Eyed friend about hearing a rumour about the women’s team being scrapped.

I heard something similar at Birmingham t’other week. Something about not wanting to pay the additional costs that having a Championship team would entail...

If Waggott allows that then he is an utter ****.

Extra costs? F*cking hell. What are we even here for?

So short sighted.

Scrapping the women’s team after this season would be the biggest kick in the teeth ever delivered to a football team.

There are times when a football club needs to look at itself and ask - why are we here, what is the point? And apart from the careers of a few individuals, the answer is always community.

Sometimes the U23s, U18s or Women’s games need to be supported. The club have already made the Community Trust a separate entity so because they can’t produce players for the first team, does that mean they are worthless?

If the games were more accessible, like the U23 games, I would go along, but the club under Waggott (despite Venkys riches, and the women’s game being small beer in comparison) is all about £££.

If the team had been poor this season then the could have a point but...

34656315-087B-47B9-A0EA-E07187D27143.thumb.jpeg.655a2d8e3936b2f4317fcb4e7578b8a1.jpeg

Even a club like Fylde is more forward thinking than us. The so-called ‘Pride of Lancashire’ tag is about as grubby as most of the stadium.

Nothing short of disgraceful.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I remember seeing Waggott on the train back from London to appeal their exclusion from the league, Gemma Donnelly met him at Preston.

Circumstantial but he seems to care about them so hopefully this is just a rumour