BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Women

Hang on, I thought Venkys never refused to sign cheques?

If this happens I'll look forward to the excuses that Waggott comes out with. He'll be under pressure to shield our wonderful owners from any blame or criticism so prepare for some ludicrous explanation.

We all know what this is about. Cost cutting. The ladies team will be a loss maker as it is at virtually every club given so few people pay to watch it and suits like Waggott and Cheston, under pressure from above, will quickly identify this as an area to cut.

No surprises. We spend less on our pitch and infrastructure than Accy Stanley these days and it shows with the state of the place so it's no surprise they're cutting in other non essential areas.

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Club’s are extremely sensitive on issues of diversity.

I’d be amazed if it was the club on the ground that was pushing for it. If it happens it would have to be a diktat from Pune.

It’s not to do with pushing for it to fold it’s about not caring enough to carry it for the short term.

It’d be typical of Rovers to close it down just as the women’s game kicked on.

It’s especially galling after the season the ladies are having. This rumour hasn’t just started yesterday btw, and I wonder if this has been a  factor in the recent less emphatic wins.

The fact is that the club isn’t backing the ladies team apart from allowing it to use our marketing and paying for a few local pitches. Some of the places they’ve had to train have been embarrassed. If they win the league this season and the club won’t back them to promotion then it is nothing short of disgusting. It was bad enough what happened last time but the women have responded and the club should reward that.

The money we wasted on Brereton would have funded the ladies for an awful long time. Women who represent this club with distinction by the way.

Then Waggott has the cheek to peddle a mantra of “commitment”.

F.O.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Indeed they have. I hope the club continue to support them. Success breeds success.

So do I.

But I also think that they need to allow the ladies to use Ewood from time to time to promote attendance like they do with the U23s.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

So do I.

But I also think that they need to allow the ladies to use Ewood from time to time to promote attendance like they do with the U23s.

Agree, I've suggested that they play matches before the league games. There appears to be very little imagination at Ewood.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Sorry. I feel nothing.

Another distraction. In the current Rovers context, I couldn't care less about this, all the community awards or the F.A. lemon drizzle cake of the month.

Venky's, managed decline and yet another red herring.

Bread and circuses...FOV!

Cheer up fella ffs. 

Edited by DeeCee

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Urgent email from White Star Line:

Make sure the deckchairs are all in line...

Just think, in a few years time the ladies could be carrying the men’s team!