BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Women

What’s craic with women’s football and attendances in his country? 

It is now getting a lot of publicity, often equal mention with the men on many news bulletins - 5 Live as an example.

Then I noticed Liverpool v Arsenal in the Super League had a gate of 500 the other week.

I imagine the powers that be are concerned that yes, odd games can bring in big crowds, those initiatives with free tickets in Spain and Italy, growing sponsorship etc, but our pro top league just doesn’t seem to be growing with paying customers.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 02/04/2019 at 07:05, Mattyblue said:

What’s craic with women’s football and attendances in his country? 

It is now getting a lot of publicity, often equal mention with the men on many news bulletins - 5 Live as an example.

Then I noticed Liverpool v Arsenal in the Super League had a gate of 500 the other week.

I imagine the powers that be are concerned that yes, odd games can bring in big crowds, those initiatives with free tickets in Spain and Italy, growing sponsorship etc, but our pro top league just doesn’t seem to be growing with paying customers.

Have you seen the goalkeeping? It's like U13s just starting in full size nets. They should make the goals smaller for women and the pitch. ....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Now 3-0, looks like another double, I hope the club do something to recognise their efforts.

Giving them whatever they need to confirm promotion would be a start...

Despite winning the league (for a third consecutive season) and the rules changing, meaning they don’t need a play-off, it seems it isn’t yet a done-deal.

This from a team that is set to win the treble for a second year in a row and has a GD of plus-85!

Does anyone know the truth about why they weren’t successful in their application last season and the Women’s Championship went ahead with 11 teams rather than accept Rovers? Was it a lack of good enough facilities being made available?

On 03/05/2019 at 03:18, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Good to see the ladies ending the league season with a close run 9-1 win at Bradford. Good luck next season!

The local paper said the first half was pretty even but we pulled away in the second half!

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Promoted. Finally.

About bloody time.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No truth in the disbanding rumour then.

I sometimes wonder if these things are leaked to gauge reaction. Not supporting the ladies would have been a huge negative in 2019 that it wouldn’t have been even 5 or 6 years ago.

• Like 1

I expect the league would have needed a damned good reason to deny their application after the last two seasons.

They've made an absolute mockery of the bureaucrats’ decision last Summer.

More power to them.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Stuart said:

I expect the league would have needed a damned good reason to deny their application after the last two seasons.

They've made an absolute mockery of the bureaucrats’ decision last Summer.

More power to them.

maybe they didn't have enough brown envelopes and dogs this year.