BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

Well, I'll never get there in time due to work. Gutted. Feck SKY United. 

Play like we did against Sheff Utd and we'll get mauled. Play like we did against Brentford and we can win. Reading t'internet it seems Leeds are a bit like Derby in the way they play - front foot, lots of movement and some skilful attacking players. That probably see's the return of Smallwood and Evans and a gameplan to keep it tight and hit them on the break …., or will Mogga get brave and take the game to them and start with the same team as Bolton?

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

- front foot, lots of movement and some skilful attacking players. That probably see's the return of Smallwood and Evans and a gameplan to keep it tight and hit them on the break …

None of those words are filling me with confidence. 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

I miss seeing football of that quality at Ewood.

I think that 3-4 first half scoreline  is still a Premier League record for goals scored- should have been 5-4 with those penalties. 

What a game.  Funny how the commentator must have commentated on Kevin Gallacher through his whole career and still couldn’t get his name right.  It’s Gallacher, he’s Scottish ya tube.

Strange line up, looks like we are showing Leeds too much respect. Harsh on Rodwell and Palmer as were they two of our best performers last time out, Armstrong must have trained sensationally the last fortnight otherwise I'm not sure why he is starting over Palmer or Rothwell..

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

It's going to take something pretty spectacular this season for Tony not to select Evans and Smallwood as his first choice CM pairing. 

I would have liked to see Rothwell's drive against a high tempo Leeds side

Hopefully Dacky knows the Sky cameras are there. 

Leeds are probably better than us at moving the ball around. For that reason it makes sense to play Smallwood and Evans. They are there to plug the gaps against a team who will attack us. Rothwell looks an attacking player, not someone who is going to provide defensive cover or even run the game from the middle of the park. He's more Dunn than Tugay. Not sure why he hasn't got the nod over Armstrong though, but I'm guessing it's because Leeds will press high and leave space in behind for AA to run into. 

Edited by blueboy3333