BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

That was a sickener. After 11 very good performances and barely putting a foot wrong all half we didn't deserve that. Particular mentions for Evans and Armstrong. Both been superb. Same again must be Tony's advice, and the game is still there to be won. Be interesting if the heads go down as a result of that kick in the balls, or we go again.

• Backroom

Disappointing but the two obvious problems are that we haven't taken our chances and we just can't seem to stop conceding goals. Very very poor goal to give away as well, defence just went to sleep as they are prone to do.

A huge shame as we had a great half until then. It's just that lack of quality at both ends of the pitch that means we don't score when we should and concede when we shouldn't. You can't fault the effort of the players though. It was a great first half performance punctured by a Leeds goal right at the end.

Keep playing as we did in the first half and we still have every chance of winning this one. We tend to be a team of two halves though so I'm pretty nervous about the second half now.

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Leeds didn't deserve that....we lack concentration at the back....our Achilles Heel.

It's cost us time and time again this season, Lenihan looks clumsy and rash whilst Mulgrew doesn't look himself and his lack of pace against anyone counter attacking is throughly noticeable.

We should have been 2-0 up at HT not 1-1. Dack and Arma both with chances which they should have done better with.

• Moderation Lead

So frustrating to concede right at the death as we’d been quality for large parts in that half. I was concerned that Leeds wouldn’t be this poor again second half and now, they’ve got the wind between their sails. We need to be ready for them second half as I think they’ll come out flying...

• Backroom
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I think that is just Bell's natural state. He's an awful defender with absolutely zero awareness.

He was a £250k buy from Fleetwood, so it is what it is. You can see he has a lot of the physical attributes to be a good wing back but his decision making and defensive positioning is below the level you'd expect for a team in the upper reaches of the Championship. Williams is probably a better overall player, albeit with less of an attacking threat.

Just now, DE. said:

He was a £250k buy from Fleetwood, so it is what it is. You can see he has a lot of the physical attributes to be a good wing back but his decision making and defensive positioning is below the level you'd expect for a team in the upper reaches of the Championship. Williams is probably a better overall player, albeit with less of an attacking threat.

I'd say Williams is more of an attacking threat as well. Bell came with a reputation of being an attacking full back but he hasn't shown that so far in his time at Rovers. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

........ but will we ? Mowbray teams only usually play for 45 mins

I was thinking that. We just saw Leeds' bad half and they were so classy they still went in 1-1 scoring with their only effort on target (that's the sign of a promotion team for sure).

In other news, there seems to be something even more dislikeable about this current Leeds team. Perhaps it's all their foreign players? I get the sense I'm watching a UK eleven against superior foreign Invaders.

Edited by Husky