BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

• Backroom

Superb result. The sheer effort put in by the team today was on another level. Could have easily let our heads drop after conceding at the end of the first half, but kept going and got our reward. Well done Rovers! 

• Like 1

Great result! Everyone played well. Evans, Bennett, Armstrong, Mulgrew all had great games.

Only minor downside is I just don't get Brereton at all. What's he point of him? Tall but doesn't win in the air, doesn't like to get in the box, dodgy technique, plays wide but doesn't have pace. Want him to succeed but I'm bemused at present.

We need someone who can legitimately backup Graham

Edited by joey_big_nose

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Great result! Everyone played well. Evans, Bennett, Armstrong, Mulgrew all had great games.

Only minor downside is I just don't get Brereton at all. What's he point of him? Tall but doesn't win in the air, doesn't like to get in the box, dodgy technique, plays wide but doesn't have pace. Want him to succeed but I'm bemused at present.

We need someone who can legitimately backup Graham

He ain't a winger though.

Professional performance from TM and the boys today proving we can see out a result against a good side if we keep our composure and don't keep swapping system about after goals.

Good win against a good side who knock it about well and if we could string 3 passes together instead of two then third straight to opposition we'd be as good as them.

Two other things from today..

1) Leeds hordes were mostly mute and made naff all difference to the result again, they'll never learn wily waving is pointless when you're as inconsistent as they've been down the years.

2) Elliot Bennett is by far the best right back at the club !!!

• Like 1

Fantastic 3 points, especially so with the sickener from Leeds just before the break. I said it would be interesting how we reacted, and it was with the same drive and tenacity. That's a very good sign when it would have been easy to go into our shells. And of course not to concede a late equaliser. 

3 points in my family rivalry game - and up to 5th. Solid, solid start.

That win feels huge. We have shown we can beat any team in the league. How far can this team go? 

I just watched the second half, but Bennett was outstanding. Rodwell looks a class act too. When you see how athletic and technically good he is, it's clear why he got those big money moves. Looks a great bit of business and I was sceptical. 

• Like 3