BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That win feels huge. We have shown we can beat any team in the league. How far can this team go? 

I just watched the second half, but Bennett was outstanding. Rodwell looks a class act too. When you see how athletic and technically good he is, it's clear why he got those big money moves. Looks a great bit of business and I was sceptical. 

Most people were. Agreed, he looks every inch a player does Rodwell, need to extend his deal.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Great result! Everyone played well. Evans, Bennett, Armstrong, Mulgrew all had great games.

Only minor downside is I just don't get Brereton at all. What's he point of him? Tall but doesn't win in the air, doesn't like to get in the box, dodgy technique, plays wide but doesn't have lacey. Want him to succeed but I'm bemused at present.

We need someone who can legitimately backup Graham

Thought Brererton did well when he came on and have seen him play well but the manager doesn't trust him to play up front so now  finding it a strange signing when we did need another striker.

Thought Armstrong played well with a tad more composure he could have had a couple today.

Up to fifth,back to back wins we can go into two tough away games with plenty of confidence 

6 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Delighted. Reed and Rodwell when he came on impressed for me. Ama made good runs and beat his man a few times, always looked dangerous, but needs to rediscover his scoring form, has missed big chances as of late.

The English Shane Long

What a good win. 

Hoped we wouldn’t have dropped so deep in last twenty, but bottom line was it worked. Unfair to pick a MOTM because I thought everyone played really well.

Credit all round today. We are a very difficult side to play against and a difficult side to beat. Leeds found that out today.

Well Leeds are not frightening (except their defence for their own supporters).

Fourth or fifth best side we have played so far if that.

Brereton showed maturity when he came on- there is promise there if supporters give him time.

Very good win for Rovers- onwards and upwards.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Fantastic result!

I thought Evans and Mulgrew were excellent. Bennett all had a very good game at RB. Despite his faults Raya is a hell of a keeper at this level and at his age.

That said.....Armstrong needs to learn how to finish and Brereton was very poor when he came on. 

I thought Brereton played quite well and did his bit to see out the game. 

Agree with Arma, he gets tons of chances and really should do better with a lot of them. Hoping he bangs a few in and gets a bit of confidence in front of goal.

• Like 3

Just now, JacknOry said:

I thought Brereton played quite well and did his bit to see out the game. 

Agree with Arma, he gets tons of chances and really should do better with a lot of them. Hoping he bangs a few in and gets a bit of confidence in front of goal.

Agreed on Brereton, best performance I've seen from him. 

• Like 5

Great result and I finally got a perfect iFollow, with sound eventually, as I managed to "borrow" my Son's phone and super data speeds.

Lots of decent performances from Rovers players. I thought Evans put a good stint in and I often knock him.

Armstrong who plays head down needs to score more if passing is not part of his game plan.

Raya has improved a lot and still a youngster.

Tbf Leeds were tame as they got closer to our goal. 

Get in. What's the big deal about Leeds? Kin terrible. Besides Saiz they looked poor, no centre forwards, nowhere near Sheff UTD. Didn't deserve to be in the game. Their promotion credentials are highly questionable.

First half we were good, second we weren't. Can't understand Brereton wide and not through middle. Rodwell decent again. Armstrong played well. Reed class. Evans, Bennet, Lennihan and Mulgrew all decent, not much quality but battled. We allow sides way too much possession. We need Rothwell to control the midfield and win the battle in there.

Over the moon with that result....

TMBWA!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

he was shit there against Sheff U. It's great that we have 2 good right-backs though.

I think if he played there every week and made it his own he'd be consistent. What a utility man he is though !

Edited by tomphil

Raya 8 - improves game by game, his kicking is coming on really well, two worldie saves.

Bennett 8 - My motm, every block tackle he won on his side, sweet ball for the Armstrong opportunity of his left peg.

Lenihan 7 - Lost his runner for the goal, looked rash, second half looked every inch a player putting body in the way, clearing the ball well and the winner.

Mulgrew 7 - If he had pace he wouldn't be at Rovers, steady all game and lead the team well.

Bell 6 - A juxtaplayer. Capable of good and bad at the same time, at fault with Arma allowing the cross in for the goal. Good engine, early second half went on a run then hesitated after beating a few and lost the ball. Prefer Williams imo.

Reed 7 - Simply he's quality, a terrier chasing that lost cause, great one touch and give and goes. He's the midfielder we've cried out for years, Please TM sign him permanently.

Smallwood 6.5 - Commentator got it spot on, he's a stopper. He is but after a ropey first 10 he did well until replaced partly due to his booking.

Evans 7 - Seems to have a good partnership with Rodwell, really impressed with him today put some great challenges in, dug deep to close down in the later stages. He got elbowed by Cooper should have been a red card, hope we report this to the EFL.

Dack 6 - Poor by his usual high standards, usually his touch sets him apart, he's on another level but today looked frustrated and missed a sitter.

Arma 7 - Rovers named motm he stretched them in the first half, instead on being wide left and bringing the ball always on his right, would like him to drop his shoulder and beat his man, he's hot the pace to clear them. 

Graham 6.5 - Went off on 65? Scored, closed down well and his hold up p,at was great. Was no surprise Pontus Jonson who's apparently good looked really poor today and mistake riddled, that was partly due to Danny.

Conway 7 - Experience and that delivery was sweet, in the closing stages he bought every foul using his age, experience well.

Bereton 5.5 - Played RW and doesn't have the legs for it which allowed  Alioski to get at Benno. Did well for the FK though.

Rodwell 7 - Like Dack he's premier league, touches, passing, intercepting reading the game is a level above. Introduced himself to the game with an absolute bone cruncher on front of the riverside.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Get in. What's the big deal about Leeds?

A combination of their good start to the season and Bielsa's reputation led to them being massively overhyped. They aren't the first and won't be the last team to start well and then fall away. Look at our first season in the Championship. On today's showing Leeds will be lucky to make the playoffs. We bossed the first half and could have been two or three up by the break.