BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

Fantastic win today!

Bennett and Armstrong impressed the most imo.

Thought Brereton was improved but it still baffles me that TM won’t play him up front. He came on for Graham today, but was still shafted out wide. Is TM just trying to keep the opposition managers guessing? It must be hard to plan against Rovers. You have no idea who will play and in what position.

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Today must have been an anomaly then! 

Superb win, couldn't be prouder, finally got a bunch of lads who would die for the shirt, fans deserve it after 7 years of shit! 

couldn't agree more. great all round performance!

Also the first home game we have scored in both halves!

• Like 1

TM on the three #Rovers subs: “Three or four of the players at the final whistle said how fantastic they thought the lads who came on did for the team to help see the game out. That shows the spirit of this group.”

"It was hard-earned today."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray after their 2-1 win against #Leeds.

#Rovers #BBCFootball #BBCLancsSport https://t.co/fDsVG5ZGvh

I thought Mowbray got it spot on today with a couple of minor exceptions. We never really let Leeds get their passing game going as we pressed really high. Leeds showed glimpses of their quality as they played some sharp one two's around us and I thought it was a travesty when they equalised so close to half time. At half time I would have taken a draw. Leeds were better in the second half as we sat deeper and Rodwell coming on gave us a player who tackled, intercepted the ball and passed it quite well. Overall I thought the win was deserved with some high level and intense performances all over the pitch. I haven't enjoyed a win like that at Ewood for a long time.

Well done to everyone connected with Rovers today particularly Mowbray and his staff.

• Like 4

Absolutely loving it! More labore than arte today but who cares. Great result!

I have say I think we've got a bargain with Rodwell. He's different class to anything we have. Him & evans in midfield look great together. Get him tied to a longer contract Tony. I don't think we'll be able to hold on to him if he keeps this up. At least if he's on a longer deal we'll get a few quid when the vultures start to circle.

Would also love to get reed on a perm. 

Am gonna enjoy a few pints tonight at my missus 40th and she has the bonus of me being in a really good mood from the start! 

Edited by windymiller7
Stupid precictive text!
  • Like 5

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Absolutely loving it! More labore than arte today but who cares. Great result!

I have say I think we've got a bargain with Roswell. He's different class to anything we have. Him & evans in midfield look great together. Get him tied to a longer contract Tony. I don't think we'll be able to hold on to him if he keeps this up. At least if he's on a longer deal we'll get a few quid when the vultures start to circle.

Would also love to get reed on a perm. 

Am gonna enjoy a few pints tonight at my missus 40th and she has the bonus of me being in a really good mood from the start! 

Cokpletely agree on both. They have both been great additions so far and seem to have become a part of the great dressing room spirit we have.

Brilliant result and performance, looked to be going towards the usual narrative, missed chances and throwing away points. But we matched the levels in the second half and good to see Lenihan on target. Much needed home win as our home form has been our achilles heel this year.

Thought Armstrong was absolutely brilliant, only qualm is the lack of goal but he was so positive and his pace ripped them apart time and time again.

Graham superb as a focal point, Raya with a great save and he impressed me with his catching. Reed industrious, Evans was superb again and I hope he plays alongside Rodwell in midweek. Dack quieter than usual but did fine. Two centre backs very good, Bennett stuck to his task very well, Bell possibly our weakest player and wouldnt be surprised to see Williams come back in 

Found the Brereton change a bit strange, hes never a winger and didnt track back, nor is Dack a number 9. I actually thought Brereton did quite well when he came on though, he doesnt look like a footballer and some of his passes were lacking intelligence, but he definitely offered far more than he has in the past. Rodwell and Conway also did their jobs.

• Like 1

Well deserved win I thought. 1st half we were the better side by and should have 3 or 4 goals. Armstrong our best player 1st half. Always a danger with pace and skills. Leeds scored a good goal and you know they are a good team with good coach and have style of play/tactics they dont change from. 

Second half we were forced back by Leeds and had to tough it out and been strong at the back. I didnt agree with Mowbray and the way he played after Graham went off. Thought it was the wrong move and would cost us. But I was proven wrong by Mowbray and the players. The bond of these players and Mowbray is shining through every game and it is a great pleasure and enjoyment to watch them every home game. They play for the shirt and values of this club. 

The all team were man of the match. No weak players today. Pleased to see Brereton show fans the player he is. 

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!

COYB!!!!

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

TM on the three #Rovers subs: “Three or four of the players at the final whistle said how fantastic they thought the lads who came on did for the team to help see the game out. That shows the spirit of this group.”

"It was hard-earned today."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray after their 2-1 win against #Leeds.

#Rovers #BBCFootball #BBCLancsSport https://t.co/fDsVG5ZGvh

Terrific interview. Delegated praise to his assistants for the work on set-pieces and reminded everyone how much he values hard work from the players.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well deserved win I thought. 1st half we were the better side by and should have 3 or 4 goals. Armstrong our best player 1st half. Always a danger with pace and skills. Leeds scored a good goal and you know they are a good team with good coach and have style of play/tactics they dont change from. 

Second half we were forced back by Leeds and had to tough it out and been strong at the back. I didnt agree with Mowbray and the way he played after Graham went off. Thought it was the wrong move and would cost us. But I was proven wrong by Mowbray and the players. The bond of these players and Mowbray is shining through every game and it is a great pleasure and enjoyment to watch them every home game. They play for the shirt and values of this club. 

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!

COYB!!!!

You disagreed with TM? Blasphema!

On 09/10/2018 at 16:29, Bigdoggsteel said:

Leeds are one team whose fans could claim to have had a wilder ride than us in recent times. They flirted with greatness in the late 90s and early noughties, getting to both a UEFA cup and Champions league semi final. Since then it has been one well publicised mess after another. Have they finally gotten things right this season? Early signs last season were promising too, before they fell away. The main reason their fans would have for genuine optimism this season is the appointment of the legendary coach Marco Bielsa. This guy has literally managed and had success around the world and it looks a real coup on Leeds behalf appointing him. As we know all too well though, the championship is a tough, tough battle to get out of. Can we be the ones to officially end the honeymoon for Marco? Recent results seem to suggest that their lightening start to the season has lost some of its buzz. Their last 6 league results have been; DWLDWD

So, who has played for both teams? Here is Bigg Doggs mixed bag 11 , in our current formation for your viewing pleasure 

Robinson

Grayson Matteo Kilgallon Warnock

Batty Douglas

Wilcox El-Hadji Diouf Sellars

Fowler 

Bench- Luke Varney 

Have I forgotten anyone? 

When I think of Leeds United, this is the goal that always comes to mind. To me it epitomizes the excitement of that time period in the Premier league. Boom , have it. 

So after Tonys tinkering last game out, all bets are off with guessing the starting 11. Most of us welcomed the changes and whilst not a vintage performance, we got the desired result. We are up against a very different animal this game. Mistakes will be punished and missed chances will come back to bite us. My 11 would be 

Raya

Bennett  Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Rodwell  Evans

Rothwell   Dack    Palmer

Graham

Prediction 2-1 Rovers

They are apparently bringing 8,000 fans, which is quite incredible. Should be a great atmosphere. 

Arte et labore 

Got that one right. Had 2-1 in the bookies as well-10/1. The milky bars are on me! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didnt agree with Mowbray and the way he played after Graham went off. Thought it was the wrong move and would cost us.

Aw crap. I was really enjoying the win, then I read this - and realised I'm still dreaming.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You did bring the sausage then after all. ?

Fair play for coming back after you lost. Good luck for the rest of the season.

More like a chipolata mate ?

Had a couple of pints in the Brown Cow and Moorgate before the game with my cousin and his mates. Good to catch up as not seen him for a while. Forgot how friendly Blackburn is. 

Cheers for that. I may dip in and out on here over the season if that's OK?  as you seem a decent bunch and Rovers were my Grandads team and all my mum's side are Rovers. 

My cousin reminded me earlier that I went with him and my grandad to Gigg Lane the night Rovers got promoted into division 2. I'd totally forgotten about that. I was 11. 

Another thing i remember is him taking me to see the grave of the Blackburn Giant ?.

Big lad him eh ? You could have done with him in the Blackburn Youth back in the day. He would of put a few on their arse.

• Like 6