BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

51 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Terrific interview. Delegated praise to his assistants for the work on set-pieces and reminded everyone how much he values hard work from the players.

True leadership quality. An emotionally intelligent manager with integrity and decency..

He has restored the pride and belief after such an awful few years.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

More like a chipolata mate ?

Had a couple of pints in the Brown Cow and Moorgate before the game with my cousin and his mates. Good to catch up as not seen him for a while. Forgot how friendly Blackburn is. 

Cheers for that. I may dip in and out on here over the season if that's OK?  as you seem a decent bunch and Rovers were my Grandads team and all my mum's side are Rovers. 

My cousin reminded me earlier that I went with him and my grandad to Gigg Lane the night Rovers got promoted into division 2. I'd totally forgotten about that. I was 11. 

Another thing i remember is him taking me to see the grave of the Blackburn Giant ?.

Big lad him eh ? You could have done with him in the Blackburn Youth back in the day. He would of put a few on their arse.

All I can say pal is what the hell turned you to Leeds!;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, renrag said:

According to FA site he had 3 before today

Thanks Jack. Getting his fifth today wouldn't have been a disaster for me as he looked like he was running on fumes late in the game. Sitting out Swansea on Tuesday might have been beneficial in the line run.

• Like 1

In a tense afternoon at Ewood there was a real moment of light relief when the Leeds substitute Hernadez went down like he had been hit by a Sherman Tank. His rolling around and absurd histrionics made us all laugh and seemed to embarrass sections of the Leeds support.

• Like 2

What a result! Brilliant performance from Mowbray's dogs of war. Every man played well today and gave 110% as we are used to these days. Evans/Smallwood/Reed ran themselves into the ground.

Armstrong had a good game, but also credit to Bell who had his best game for us IMO.

Leeds have a top midfield. Their no14 was excellent at getting into space and linking defence to attack. Ultimately, Leeds defence was suspect and I don't think that the strikers did a lot. 

One worry was that Brereton was blowing hard the whole time he was on. Nowhere near fit enough. I don't know why, especially if Rodwell can get fit from zero pre season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

My first Ewood game of the season and what a great place it is when the fans and the team are on the same wavelength.

We matched Leeds effort and we showed a lot of class moves especially in the first half.

Mowbray has done a brilliant job tactically, recruitment and a professional team spirit among the players and staff.

This season could be one to remember.

Ya, I know Mowbray is saying it will take a few windows, but I think this season is our best chance. The momentum from last season is still rolling on 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I know Mowbray is saying it will take a few windows, but I think this season is our best chance. The momentum from last season is still rolling on 

Actually, I think this would be a very good time to invest and build on a good squad to make it into more of a promotion one.

Do it while still have Dack, Raya, Reed, Mulgrew etc 

• Like 1

This is the kind of result that emphasises just how much BRFC has been turned around by TM and his staff and one which our stay away supporters should take note of. If anything it serves as a positive advert for a reason for them to come back and support the team in the flesh.

todays effort was a great team effort, from front to back they all played their part, for the shirt, the club,the fans and themselves. The team spirit shines through like a beacon of light and cannot be underestimated.

This team can take us further and I believe the spirit within the team is what will drive them and us up the league.

Dare to Dream?  Under Mowbray we might just complete the complete resurrection back to the promised land.

• Like 5

Just now, 1864roverite said:

This is the kind of result that emphasises just how much BRFC has been turned around by TM and his staff and one which our stay away supporters should take note of. If anything it serves as a positive advert for a reason for them to come back and support the team in the flesh.

todays effort was a great team effort, from front to back they all played their part, for the shirt, the club,the fans and themselves. The team spirit shines through like a beacon of light and cannot be underestimated.

This team can take us further and I believe the spirit within the team is what will drive them and us up the league.

Dare to Dream?  Under Mowbray we might just complete the complete resurrection back to the promised land.

I agree with all of the above post. 

our team spirit is one of the best ever in my Rovers lifetime

I think Mowbray can get us to the top 6 this season. The players seemed to understand his method and logic, and each one plays to the role he wants. 

He has rebuilt this football club with his time here and give the club back to the club

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

All I can say pal is what the hell turned you to Leeds!;)

Born and dragged up in South Leeds mate. Old man was a miner at Kellingley most his life along with the Selby complex. No other club was mentioned after a long shift int ' dark and a gallon of best down the hatch. It was only Leeds United. Nobody else was worth a wank. You always follow your old man.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with all of the above post. 

our team spirit is one of the best ever in my Rovers lifetime

I think Mowbray can get us to the top 6 this season. The players seemed to understand his method and logic, and each one plays to the role he wants. 

He has rebuilt this football club with his time here and give the club back to the club

Congratulations to our youngest poster lol

3 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Born and dragged up in South Leeds mate. Old man was a miner at Kellingley most his life along with the Selby complex. No other club was mentioned after a long shift int ' dark and a gallon of best down the hatch. It was only Leeds United. Nobody else was worth a wank. You always follow your old man.  

do you think Biesla could have done anything more today? who were the 2 young players you bought on?

6 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Fair! Rangers and Rovers for me like my old man!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Fair play chaps. No complaints whatsoever from me. Better team won deservedly. Thought Reed played well for you lot. Not enough of ours at it. Beradi beaten at 2 set pieces I think not seen the goals yet. Phillips and PJ played for us. Ah well we move on. Thought the atmosphere was dire in our end. These 12 ko times are shite. Errrm ?? Thought the referee was shite. Got searched going in and the bloke who frisked me touched my cock through my jeans. He was lucky I'd only had 4 pints. Lot of rather attractive policewomen in our end. Tried blagging one but she wasn't having it. Any other time we would be in bed now. Na fair play lads. My cousin has just sent me a lovely piss taking message. ST holder in the BBE. As I said yesterday I hope you do well this season and hopefully we can both go up. Lot of time for Blackburn and always a soft spot for Rovers. Go easy.

Fair play to you, CP. I never thought you'd come back on this thread after losing. If it's any consolation, I reckon Bielsa is doing a great job. Best Leeds side I've seen in many years. I think you will be in the top 3 towards the end of the season. 

I thought we, Rovers, are getting better and better. Enjoying this season immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP Company Lad said:

Not really mate no. You were by far the better team in the 1st half. We struggled and you were nippy and won every 50-50. 2nd half we were far better and 5 mins in I thought we would go on and get a few. Not to be. You did well.

Jack Clarke and Jamie Shackleton. 2 young lads from the youth team. 

Good to see he is still looking towards the youth players

39 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Thanks mate. 

I agree about Rovers. Really impressed with your performance today. At it all the time and didn't give us a minute. You have a top manager who knows the score. He sent you out with a plan and it worked a treat.  Leeds had no complaints in the first half. You bossed us. 

2nd half was better from us but never really at it enough. Hernandez made a difference.

I just hope the locals can see that you have a team again worthy of support. 

thanks for your comments and about Mowbray. 

I hope the fans will recognise the team and manager needs your support and get down regardless of cost

• Like 1