BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

This is the kind of result that emphasises just how much BRFC has been turned around by TM and his staff and one which our stay away supporters should take note of. If anything it serves as a positive advert for a reason for them to come back and support the team in the flesh.

todays effort was a great team effort, from front to back they all played their part, for the shirt, the club,the fans and themselves. The team spirit shines through like a beacon of light and cannot be underestimated.

This team can take us further and I believe the spirit within the team is what will drive them and us up the league.

Dare to Dream?  Under Mowbray we might just complete the complete resurrection back to the promised land.

Well said mate

Just now, roversfan99 said:

As jim said, your stupid "regardless of cost" comment. Say stupid things, expect to be laughed at.

I remember that roversfan99 for future reference. 

no idea what Jim says as he on my ignore list. Maybe its time you remember people do have some posters on ignore for good reasons

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because that’s a bloody daft thing to say, many people can’t just get down ‘regardless of cost’.

wrong Matty, but people can get down and support the team. This team needs it fans right behind them. I wonder how many these fans who cant regardless of cost currently would find the money if we were playing a Premier League football or were in the Premier League. Season tickets can be spread over 8 or 9 months I believe cost wise 

No it’s not wrong. 

If you can’t afford £30, you can’t afford it, simple as that. No point talking about spreading season ticket costs as you can’t buy one in October.

Now if you’d have said ‘for those that can afford it get your arse to Ewood’ then it would be a fair point. But no.

Honestly chaddy, not sure what planet you’re on half the time.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

wrong Matty, but people can get down and support the team. This team needs it fans right behind them. I wonder how many these fans who cant regardless of cost currently would find the money if we were playing a Premier League football or were in the Premier League. Season tickets can be spread over 8 or 9 months I believe cost wise 

Your looking at localised cost. What about those who travel to the game? Usually petrol or diesel costs, time to travel there and back, taking the kids as no babysitter, cost of eating at the ground, car parking etc. Maybe they can't drive so catch public transport to the game. It adds up more than you think if your not in Blackburn.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 3

Raya- 8 A fantastic save towards the end that looked in all the way. Kicking is getting much better as well.

Bennett-8 The best performance that he has had at full back.

Mulgrew- 8 Didn't put a foot wrong again, we looked so much more organised at the back when he plays.

Lenihan-8 Back to his dominant best today.

Bell-6 A couple of promising moments going forward that amounted to nothing and out of position to often again in defence.

Smallwood-6 Looked slightly off the pace today. Sad to say that for me he has slipped down to 4 choice in the pecking order for his role.

Evans-9 Sensational, There can't have been a blade of grass that he didn't cover. The complete performance Tackling, Blocks, Interceptions and passes. He's playing like a man desperate for a new contract which he has more than earnt this season.

Reed-8 Tenacious and hard working as always. His signing and performances epitomises everything that Tony Mowbray has brought to the club.

Dack- 6.5 Not his best performance today which makes the win even better. He still won us a fair few freekicks though.

Armstrong-8 Lost concentration for their goal but his pass constantly caused Leeds problems, his best performance so far this season.  

Graham-8 Bullied their defence like he does most teams. Such a clever player.

Subs:

Rodwell: 7.5 Early days but based on his early performances his signing could be a Mowbray master stroke. He's not afraid to get stuck in but he also has real quality and composure on the ball.

Brereton: 5.5 I'm confused by this lad I was under the impression when he signed that he was a striker but he has played most of his minutes for us out wide and he looks out of his depth out there and he leaves the full back on his side very exposed. He had one nice run to win a free kick and then he had another but failed to play Dack in with a simple ball. Still very early days with him but I am yet to see anything to convince he is worth what we paid.

Conway-7 Used all his experience when on the ball in the final 10 and also a lovely ball in for the 2nd goal.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stupid but to-be-expected superfan propaganda from you on the back of a good result. 

Almost as though you forget that you said you wouldn't go if Coyle was appointed. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No it’s not wrong. 

If you can’t afford £30, you can’t afford it, simple as that. No point talking about spreading season ticket costs as you can’t buy one in October.

He’s on a better planet than you,talking sense to me,IMO.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

No it’s not wrong. 

If you can’t afford £30, you can’t afford it, simple as that. No point talking about spreading season ticket costs as you can’t buy one now

not every single Rovers fan who isn't attend at the minute isn't cos of cost as the LT proved this week

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Your looking at localised cost. What about those who travel to the game? Usually petrol or diesel costs, time to travel there and back, taking the kids as no babysitter, cost of eating at the ground, car parking etc. It adds up more than you think if your not in Blackburn.

Free Parking is available if you can make a small walk, why the council shut the car park next the fox and hounds pub I have no idea. 

I can understand the cost of travelling to Ewood argument as I am someone who travel up to 40/60 miles per day to my job and back. 

very rare I buy food or drink in the ground as I tend to spend in businesses on Bolton road or take my own from home. 

But I can complete understand the points you have made. I was more talking about local people. 

I thought Bennet, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Evans were all immense. DG and Dack weren't at their best which make the win even more impressive. Would still prefer Williams over Bell but that's nit-picking.

Leeds fans were very vocal going to the game. Enjoyed the walk back down branch road after the game much better.

Aye ok unsall, regardless of cost everybody should go. Heard it all now.

Chaddy - this team deserves bigger crowds, no arguments, however it is expensive for a lot of folk - you know other people, with different personal circumstances than you.

‘So for those that can afford it, get to Ewood’. A more sensible statement, no?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Stupid but to-be-expected superfan propaganda from you on the back of a good result. 

Almost as though you forget that you said you wouldn't go if Coyle was appointed. 

already explained but sadly you cant move on from 3 years ago and people like you still always have to look back for digs and sly comments

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Aye ok unsall, regardless of cost everybody should go. Heard it all now.

Chaddy - this team deserves bigger crowds, no arguments, however it is expensive for a lot of folk.

‘So for those that can afford it, get to Ewood’. A more sensible statement, no?

haven't I already suggest different ways to attract fans. oh yes I did. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You have, but they aren’t being enacted by the club, ergo still dear.

Not everyone can just turn up at £30, simple as that. Shame you can’t just ever hold your hands up and we can move on.

not every single Rovers fan who isn't attend at the minute isn't cos of cost as the LT article proved this week. 

I have suggest a number of things and I am sure the club will do some incentives over the coming months

Edited by chaddyrovers