BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, it's looking good. I think that's exactly how things will play out ideally. I wouldn't be surprised if they went crazy thinking the premiership was in touching distance and gave him a serious wedge for January. 

Possibly, but we are back operating under FFP rules...but I'm not sure what that actually means in practise. Other clubs seem to spend far beyond their means. 

• Like 2

I think it depends which league Southampton are in next season. If they go down , which is unlikely, they would probably keep him. If they stay up and at 24 you would like to think he would be angling for a move. His versatility and performances could see alot of clubs looking at him. The lads a very good player at this level and it won't be going unnoticed

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are well stocked for centre backs options until January. I disagree we are goosed as we have Rodwell and Williams as back ups. more than capable. 

Nyambe back to right back with Bennett back into the wide role and Reed into centre midfield for me. Mowbray said Nyambe back in training now and should be in the WBA squad

In an earlier post you were regretting that we hadn't signed another centre-back in January.

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Probably because he know he wants to be here so doesn't trust him. Should be nailed on that one.

He's injured again though? I am a big fan of Chapman but we can't ignore his history. One for the medical staff this one.

EDIT  read your post above . Good that's he's recovering. But if he can only play a game or two before breaking down again then we should find an alternative.

Edited by 47er

16 hours ago, Neal said:

I think that's a dangerous thing to do. We are a good side but this is a tough long season in this league. Keep taking every game as it comes, the clubs that seem to get out of this league do exactly that. 

I was thinking the same thing Neal.  Too early, we are exceeding expectations as far as most of us fans go but let's keep our feet on the ground.  Our frailties are there for all to see, we were easily dispatched by the Blades.  Yet, had we not lost two silly and fortuitous late goals to Ipswich and Villa we would be positively giddy.  What we DO have here, it seems, is a group of lads who play for each other, exhibit pride in their team and understand that if we put in the effort we might can blacken the eye of a few more "fancied" teams.  We have the makings of something very special here.  However let's not get carried away, reverses at Swansea and WBA and it might not look so rosy BUT pick up a couple of results and they may even start making me believe.

Either way I have been excited about my team last season and this one so far more than I have been in a long time.  Long may it continue.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, starscascade said:

Does anyone know what points we had this time last year? I seem to remember we lost 1-0 to Oldham around this time. Skip a year later...

On October 21 we beat Portsmouth 3-0, with Big Dom getting a red on 87 minutes. We went up to 6th in the table with 23 points from 13 games.

It’s a nice feeling going into Monday after an excellent win at the weekend. 

What a team TM has built in such a short space of time. It’s clearly not the most talented side in the division with lots of flair, but we must be the side with the most passion and desire. That can take you along way. 

Still think our squad is too thin to have a sustained promotion push but this season was all about stability and progress. We’ve already seen that in abundance. 

On the game on Saturday, Armstrong looked outstanding. Caused absolute havoc. Let’s snap up chapman in Jan and we’ll have a very dangerous forward line.  

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

It’s a nice feeling going into Monday after an excellent win at the weekend. 

What a team TM has built in such a short space of time. It’s clearly not the most talented side in the division with lots of flair, but we must be the side with the most passion and desire. That can take you along way. 

Still think our squad is too thin to have a sustained promotion push but this season was all about stability and progress. We’ve already seen that in abundance. 

On the game on Saturday, Armstrong looked outstanding. Caused absolute havoc. Let’s snap up chapman in Jan and we’ll have a very dangerous forward line.  

This is my fear too. If we are still in touching distance come January it will be a real test as to how serious Venkys are about backing Mowbray to get the job done.